Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 04:26 AM

351 posts, read 1,283,220 times

Advertisements

I know it sounds strange.... But I am new to the area and do not want to go through the weeks of a "bad hair cut"
I am man in west eugene
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 08:08 PM

17 posts, read 74,323 times
Sorry, I cannot help you. Since moving to Eugene 4 year ago, I stopped getting my hair cut.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:41 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,044,034 times
Cool hairy situations in Eugene

Your hair is such a personal thing, it would be hard to recommend someone. What one person really loves another dislikes...

I have two boys and I cut their hair. I mainly just trim around their ears and the back of their neck. It keeps them looking clean and saves some money as well.

My husband goes to a Great Clips place over off of 11th. He seems happy with it. I'm not a fan of those places though. I offer to cut his hair, but he says he's "particular" about his hair.

There is a barber (sp?) near the Safeway off of Coburg road in that little shopping center that has the Sheldon Library? Sorry, I don't know what the locals call most of the shopping strips here! I have been wanting to check that place out. My oldest son is now 13 and beginning to get "particular" like his daddy.

I really don't like those Great Clips or Supercuts type places. They always try to do layering or texturing or whatever the latest trend is and we end up having to just grow it all out and start over. I have taken my boys to those kinds of places several times over the years and every time I tell them "just off the ears and off the neck - don't mess with the top" and every time they make my boys hair a mess... they just keep cutting and cutting... and they love that razor thing as opposed to clippers or scissors. The razor that they use seems to make hair frizzy. I really don't like it at all when they use that. There are also lots of random hairs sticking out that we don't find until we get home and wash all the gel and gunk they put in it when they "style" it. I end up having to trim their hair again once we get home. It's just not worth it.

My hair is thick, long, one length, not chemically treated, and straight. When it gets to my waist, I have ten to twelve inches cut off and I donate that hair to Locks of Love. It's a free haircut when you do that. It keeps things simple. Boring maybe, but simple.

Also along Willakenzie I see a sign for $5. hair cuts... not sure what that is all about, but that is a good price.

Old 06-21-2008, 12:36 AM

920 posts, read 2,813,022 times
I'm a woman, but I used to go to Forouz. I can't remember her last name, but she owns her own salon. It's called Forouz The Salon, or something like that. It's been a long time since I lived in Eugene, but if she's still around you ought to be able to get a good haircut from her.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:22 PM

134 posts, read 525,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
My husband goes to a Great Clips place over off of 11th. He seems happy with it. I'm not a fan of those places though. I offer to cut his hair, but he says he's "particular" about his hair.

I've only had my haircut done once in Eugene and it was there. I had no problems and it came out pretty decent for a relatively inexpensive haircut. I am a male who doesn't really care about going to a pricy salon. Seems like it would be close to you too

Old 06-24-2008, 10:18 PM

1 posts, read 9,897 times
If you are male, the only place is..... OAKWAY BARBER SHOP in the Oakway Center. Ask for Lee.... Tell him Donny sent you.........

Old 07-05-2008, 08:32 PM

32 posts, read 123,294 times
I'd suggest Salon Rapunzel (located on 13th and High). Sarah Beaulieu is awesome. She cuts my boyfriend's hair and it's seriously never looked better.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:52 AM

I tried Great Clips, it is ok.... and was priced good I think it was $13
Not overly impressed with the person who cut it or the style (haven't been to one of these clip joints in 15+ years). The hair cut looks good after a week though.

Maybe I will try the oakway barber shop or salon rapunzel (although it sounds expensive)

Old 07-21-2008, 03:45 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,044,034 times
Thanks for the feedback skypros. Did they use the razor thingy on you? I am going to take my boys to the Oakway Barber Shop before schools begins again in the Fall... they are looking a bit like Eugene hippies right now... all shaggy!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:56 PM

I do not recall a razor... maybe you mean the clippers... The darn things nick like a RAZOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Thanks for the feedback skypros. Did they use the razor thingy on you? I am going to take my boys to the Oakway Barber Shop before schools begins again in the Fall... they are looking a bit like Eugene hippies right now... all shaggy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area