Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2007, 09:25 PM
ndb ndb started this thread

26 posts, read 113,250 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been considering moving from IL to OR (Eugene, as I've posted in the past). Well, I've actually had a few interviews and it's becoming a little bit more realistic. My wife is a veterinarian, she is under the impression that it is pretty hard to find a veterinary job in that area due to the fact that there is a Vet school in Corvallis. The normal places to look for such jobs doesn't turn up much so far. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know anything about veterinary jobs in the Eugene area? She has several years of experience, so she's not just a fresh graduate.

Thanks,
nb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 07:12 PM

1,457 posts, read 6,029,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndb View Post
My wife and I have been considering moving from IL to OR (Eugene, as I've posted in the past). Well, I've actually had a few interviews and it's becoming a little bit more realistic. My wife is a veterinarian, she is under the impression that it is pretty hard to find a veterinary job in that area due to the fact that there is a Vet school in Corvallis. The normal places to look for such jobs doesn't turn up much so far. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know anything about veterinary jobs in the Eugene area? She has several years of experience, so she's not just a fresh graduate.

Thanks,
nb
Seems to me, that the presence of a Vet school would be a good sign.

Consider this, when I moved near Medford, I suspected that the lack of a horticulture college program here was a bad sign for good landscape jobs. And boy was I right.

This is a horticultural desert in this town, from an academic and top tier professional stand-point.

We are quite the animal people ourselves, with a Rottwieller, longhair Chihuahua, Blue and Gold Macaw, African Grey Parrot, 2 Green Cheek Conures and an African Ringneck Parakeet.

Maybe your wife has stumbled upon our safe woods for pets birds list on the internet.

I know its slim for Avian Vets down here in southern Oregon. But I think that overall Vet jobs should be good in Oregon. Lots of agriculture. There are cattle around parts of the state. Quite a few Equestrian centers.

And there are dogs "everywhere"

I'm sure its not the country club of Vet jobs, but Petsmarts have vets in their stores here. Maybe they lease, maybe their are employed - not sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area