Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 09:35 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,641,799 times

Advertisements

I read somewhere that they wanted Wesley Snipes to play Black Panther but I feel they can do better, so I went to Google and found the answer...Michael Jai White should have played Blade and I think he'll do better as the Black Panther character (check out the Blood and Bone clips on Youtube). I also think that James Woods would be a good Victor von Doom and Pierce Bronsan would be a great Reed Richards. Alright, so my question to y'all is this, Who do you feel would be a perfect fit to play [insert character] in a comic book flick?

YouTube video

Anyway, I've been watching Fantastic 4:World's Greatest Heroes (nerd alert, yeah okay). Who would make a good Spider Man? Superman, Cyclops, Punisher, etc?

Last edited by David Alleyne; 05-24-2010 at 10:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 06:45 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I thought Topher Grace would have been a better Peter Parker/Spider Man than Toby Maguire. It was therefore interesting to seem him play Eddy LeBroc/Venom. Definitely out of character but he pulled it off.
Wesely Snipes is over rated and pretty old to play The Black Panther. I liked a lot him in Demolition Man but he was never able to pull it off as a leading man/ action hero, IMO.
The first Punisher film is a favorite of mine and a cult classic. The second one just didn't have the same style.
I'd like them to do a comedy remake of the 1960s Batman series. Steve Carrell would make an excellent Riddler.
Tim Daly would make an excellent Olliver Douglas if they'd do a series remake of " Green Acres".

Old 05-27-2010, 08:17 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,209,220 times
Disagree with Bronsan as Reed Richards. Too slick. Actually the guy they chose was an excellent choice. Woods is too old for Dr Doom and I think who they used there worked also. I do think they needed a better choice for Sue Richards; that character was sweet, even demure, not some sex kitten. Someone like a young Annette O'Toole, along those lines.

McGuire was a poor choice for Spiderman, except maybe the first movie, and that only because they needed that high school kid angle. But he cannot pull off the wise-cracking adult Spiderman to save his life; I cringed more than once when he tried. I know most will probably not agree, but I think a young Tom Cruise could have worked.

Reeves worked very well as Superman. In fact so did Welling in the TV series. Not sure who else could pull it off. Spacey I'm a huge fan of but did not work as Lex at all. I could see the guy who played him in "Smallville" doing a movie version, was very good.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:49 AM

A good Lex Luthor or Victor Von Doom would have been Billy Zane.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:34 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,641,799 times
I agree with you Icy Tea and Joey2000 about Toby being Spider Man. Icy, you're right about Grace as Peter Parker, he doesn't need to put on any accent and he's the right right too. Joey, you could be right about about the Woods as Doom thing (Woods just sounds diabolical). Billy Zane could fit as either one really, that's good. I did think about Scott Adkins as Spider Man (but then I read Icy Tea's post) but then I came up with Scott Adkins as Matt Murdock:

Matt Murdock

Scott Adkins

This guy's the truth...he's actually a martial artist and does his own stunts. He's British but he can easily put on an American accent. Would Mark Valley be a good Captain America?

Old 05-29-2010, 05:59 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,209,220 times
Good call on Adkinds, but DD has been done, one was more than enough.

There was this guy who played Aquaman on "Smallville" and if he toned down the surfer dude thing, could make a good Capt America. Was blonde, in great shape etc. Might not be serious enough for CA but in a movie they would probably make him a wise guy like everybody else

Old 05-29-2010, 03:27 PM

Although he's a terrible actor, David Hasselhoff did at least look like Nick Fury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts