Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 05:50 PM

609 posts, read 1,176,872 times

Advertisements

not really the greatest debate, but ive never found them funny. ive watched a tonne of comedy crap on tv like the just for laughs stand-ups (sometimes they have the extra long 2 hour ones which rocks). but anyways i just didn't find them funny? is it a different type of humor only some guys get or am i completly alone here? do alot of women find male comedians unfunny.

the funniest thing ive probably ever seen a women say was sarah silverman ( i dont watch her show or anything) and i saw it on wikipedia. it was explaining the huge controversy she had on conan obriens show (probably my favourite comedian by far or at least favourite late night talk show host) when she said that to avoid jury duty, she wanted to write on the selection form "i hate chinks", but to avoid being called a rascist changed it to "i love chinks".

of course you can imagine all the chinese groups got mad, called it innapropriate, blah blah blah. anyways This is where sarah really impressed me. instead of beng politically correct and bitching out, she said

" the experience helped teach her the important lesson that racism is bad: "And I mean bad, like in that black way.""
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 05:54 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,064,783 times
It depends on which comedian you are speaking about. I find some males comedians funny, never found Andrew Dice Clay funny, only repulsive! But I like Chelsea Handler and Sarah Silverman and Lisa Lamponeli. All extremely funny women in my book. I go back and forth with comedians and gender usually has nothing to do with my personal like or dislike for someone.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:58 PM

anyways, its not my choice if i dont find them generally funny. if you pasted on a guys face and voice so i couldnt know the difference they still wouldnt be funny. i find most jokes just stupid.

i dont do it on purpose, just how it is. maybe its like how some people dont find british humor hilarious, but i freaking love that stuff. maybe women just generally (although not always) have a different sense of humor????

Old 10-14-2008, 06:04 PM

and yeah for anyone who wants to know i was generally talking about stand up comedians and i guess late night talk show hosts too. because when you talk about "movie comedians" that really becomes attributed to the writer.

with that aside, did anybody else find Juno the most stupid and overated movie in existence? crappy soundtrack, overexaggurated and completely unreal dialogue meant to be "hip and cool" but instead made it unbelievable and a chore to watch? blatant generalizations of dirty abortion clinics as well as pro-life people as a stupid uneducated minority who cant even spell (as i write this im looking at my spelling)

Old 10-14-2008, 07:13 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,022,368 times
Rita Rudner is a hoot! And, she doesn't talk filthy, like some women try to do....while I'm no prude, I just don't find that to be "funny"!

I think the ration of men to women comedians will show that about the same amount are considered funny.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:21 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,255,238 times
Tina Fey the woman comedian who impersonates Sarah Palin has increased the rating of SNL by 50%.
Quote:
The voters, um, viewers seemed to have spoken. In preliminary numbers measuring the nation's major cities, "SNL's" 34th-season premiere logged a 7.4 rating and 18 percent share of audience -- the largest viewership for a "SNL" season debut since 2001, and up 64 percent from last year's opener, according to Nielsen Media Research.
Source:Will Tina Fey return to 'SNL' as Palin? - CNN.com (http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/15/snl.feys.palin.ap/ - broken link)

Old 10-20-2008, 03:04 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,089,123 times
Just watche the latin Divas of Comedy the other night and found two of the ladiea to be funny. The rest were just gross with their sex talk. No prude here either, but YUCK!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 03:06 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,921,352 times
I like a few and Lisa Lampanelli is my favorite. She's hilarious

Old 10-21-2008, 10:13 AM

23,530 posts, read 44,219,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Rita Rudner is a hoot! And, she doesn't talk filthy, like some women try to do....while I'm no prude, I just don't find that to be "funny"!

I think the ration of men to women comedians will show that about the same amount are considered funny.
I'll never forget Rita's advice on getting rid of an unwanted man.
Simply walk up to him, look him straight in the eyes and say, "I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Works every time.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:04 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,722,528 times
Oh man, there are so many funny female comedians - Monique, Ellen, Adele Givens, Sheryl Underwood, Eliza Shlesinger, Lynne Koplitz and RETTA (one of the FUNNIEST out there)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts