Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 05:54 PM

1 posts, read 814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
It all started with Fox News. They work directly for the Republican Party. You want FAkE news just listen to their broadcasts sometime. It’s a disgrace the way they slant things to make the Republican Party look good. Almost like the Russian news that Trump loves so much. They have the state news channel and I guess that’s what Fox wants to be, seeing that it’s Trumps favorite news channel.
Try putting your ignorance aside for a moment & educate yourself on Hunter S. Thompson, as he is credited for ushering in this form of (so-called) "journalism" which has 110% taken over. Talking heads discussing their FEELINGS on extremely limited topics, passing for "news" became a thing long before Trump decided to run, therefore what you see on Fox Chat Channel and ALL modern commercial so-called "news" is Thompson's legacy on steroids. That anything on commercial TV is remotely considered "news" is proof of our WANT/need to be constantly entertained, as opposed to being remotely informed. Ignorance IS bliss.

Investigative Journalism died for good once IIRC Food Lion sued the Diane Sawyer report on the investigation of their relabeling/dating (old) meat. That was the nail in the coffin of real investigative journalist/reporting and even then, had they been an advertiser, it'd have been a no-go. Nothing but conflicts on interest all around, AND MERELY CHAT FILLER FOR the COMMERCIALS.

Control of msm started with the CFR in the 20s. Open up a history book.
One America News is the closest anyone will come to seeing news being reported via tv as they're not controlled by the CFR-advertisers. (Their short breaks are little history lessons/constitutional, so you probably won't like that.)

Old 03-05-2018, 05:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
I remember a journalism class where the teach kept drilling in us - Facts, facts, facts. That's all. Double and triple check accuracy. Nobody cares about your opinion. Nobody wants your slant. They just want to know the facts - that's your job. Give em the facts and let them make sense of it.

Now its ALL biased, slanted, half truths and full out lies. Its not news anymore. Its media. They aren't reporters anymore. They're writers. Journalist is a word of the past.

Seems the media is taking their clue from the brainiacs in hollywood - who, for some reason, we pay WAAAYY too much to for doing way too little. For every star - there's 100 more talented kids yet undiscovered - so why do we value these meatballs to the tune of millions of dollars for a few months work and allow them to purchase the media - formerly - the news?

Comment?
WEll I don't know what happened to them but hubby started his career, out of college in the late 1950s as reporter and worked his way up. Eventually he went into speech writing and PR. He has said often times lately, he would be embarrassed to be a jounalist today.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:59 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,042,411 times
Couldn't resist.

mr mcgee.....dont make me angry

Old 03-10-2018, 12:03 PM

17,558 posts, read 13,339,567 times
The slipstream media is just playing to the stupidity of the American people.

So many people believe the lies and are so close minded about them that they just want these actors (not journalists) to feed their sick fantasies

Old 05-01-2018, 04:58 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,042,411 times
Some ain't all that bad.

The Incredible Hulk, Season 4, episode 15: Alternative hulk trailer 2 interview with the hulk

Old 05-06-2018, 09:06 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,518,088 times
Disney owns ABC news, it's turned into a Mickey Mouse organisation!

Old 05-15-2018, 07:12 AM

712 posts, read 554,727 times
The so called news stations I do not watch anymore. I have no trust in what they say. They all say the exact scripted things from station to station as I saw recently in a clip. One man let it slip that it is the medias job to tell people how they should think and believe. NOPE

Old 05-20-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
I remember a journalism class where the teach kept drilling in us - Facts, facts, facts. That's all. Double and triple check accuracy. Nobody cares about your opinion. Nobody wants your slant. They just want to know the facts - that's your job. Give em the facts and let them make sense of it.

Now its ALL biased, slanted, half truths and full out lies. Its not news anymore. Its media. They aren't reporters anymore. They're writers. Journalist is a word of the past.

Seems the media is taking their clue from the brainiacs in hollywood - who, for some reason, we pay WAAAYY too much to for doing way too little. For every star - there's 100 more talented kids yet undiscovered - so why do we value these meatballs to the tune of millions of dollars for a few months work and allow them to purchase the media - formerly - the news?

Comment?
My husband started his career as a reporter, then an editor and eventually went into PR. He said, if it were today he would be embarrassed to admit he was in the business. I think the icing on the cake is 24/7 everything and yes, social media.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
I find CBS to be just as bad. They can not just give the news. The broadcasters must slant it with their opinions. Interestingly my area is semirural and our local station broadcasting to all Red counties does not slant the news the same way which is done on the national news which follows it.
I also think CBS is pretty bad. Even our local news which is on a CBS network can be pretty slanted. I think the only way to get a decent view is watch, say, FOX and then maybe CNN. OK, both are slanted but you do get a cross section that way. The same with reading magazines or newspapers, try to read 2 with different leanings if possible. We are lucky, our local newspaper, actually the only decent sized newspaper in all of AR. is pretty middle of the road. It still does lean right, but is changing too rapidly to the other side. The columnist are still split down the middle but the younger, newer editors are pretty far to the left.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
It all started with Fox News. They work directly for the Republican Party. You want FAkE news just listen to their broadcasts sometime. It’s a disgrace the way they slant things to make the Republican Party look good. Almost like the Russian news that Trump loves so much. They have the state news channel and I guess that’s what Fox wants to be, seeing that it’s Trumps favorite news channel.
Oh for heaven's sake, you are so biased. Do you even watch anything that doesn't lean left? Of course FOX does lean right, no one will deny that but tell me one network that has more contributors from both sides? FOX has,along with Hannity and Tucker, Juan Williams, Geraldo, Sheppard Smith, Chris Wallace, as well as the gal who is the editor of Catalina Magazine plus several other that are regular contributors. No other network has such a mixture. Open your mind a little and your eyes as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts