Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 02:12 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Hmmm, okay.....

Not sure who here was acting like Dems were "comfy" or anything. Seems to me like the Dems here just debate along with you all. Never thought comfort had much to do with it....

The Republicans could hold an 80% majority in both houses and the arguments here would be the same....
In this thread, yes, Dems are debating. But one doesn't have to be too far removed to know that Democrats are floating on Cloud 9 over Obama's election, and have even asserted that Democratic majorities are here to stay for quite some time. I believe you know that, so i'm not sure why you feel inclined to ignore it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 02:18 PM

22,202 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
In this thread, yes, Dems are debating. But one doesn't have to be too far removed to know that Democrats are floating on Cloud 9 over Obama's election, and have even asserted that Democratic majorities are here to stay for quite some time. I believe you know that, so i'm not sure why you feel inclined to ignore it.
Thinking that the Dems will hold onto the Majority for awhile is more realistic than thinking the GOP will regain the house and Senate next year which have been made by some......

Anyway again in this race, we are dealing with an open seat currently held by the GOP. From the looks of this poll the GOP now has an edge, an edge the Dems use to have.

However, it really means very little, and hopefully you can agree with me on this a 3 point margin (regardless if it favors the Dems or the GOP) means very little in an open seat race a year out with more than 20% undecided.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:40 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,854,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Thinking that the Dems will hold onto the Majority for awhile is more realistic than thinking the GOP will regain the house and Senate next year which have been made by some......

Anyway again in this race, we are dealing with an open seat currently held by the GOP. From the looks of this poll the GOP now has an edge, an edge the Dems use to have.

However, it really means very little, and hopefully you can agree with me on this a 3 point margin (regardless if it favors the Dems or the GOP) means very little in an open seat race a year out with more than 20% undecided.
Then you arent paying attention and thats the point of these threads

I dont believe anyone is saying that republicans are going to taking back the majority but they are going to take many seats and bye bye filibuster proof majority.

It wasnt long ago that republicans wasnt close to a 3 point margin let alone ahead

Old 11-12-2009, 02:44 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,996,399 times
Default "More Great News For America" !!!

Greetings,

Outstanding !!! More welcome news regarding the much anticipated "Imploding" of todays pathetic "Cheech & Chong" version of the
"Democratic Party.

As some of our local military veterans have recently stated : The Democratic Party of 2009 is but a mere shell of its former self !
Once the Grand Party of the Factory Worker, Farmer, Trucker, Teacher, and Military ( The Backbone of America ! ) ..... Now the embarrasing
and ineffectively weak party of the "Liberals" !

Vast numbers of the American People in my opinion have had quite enough of this "National Nightmare" !

This is a most encouraging Poll Indeed ! America ..... " Vote the Democrats out of office at every opportunity in the upcoming
elections ! You'll be very glad you did !

Thanks / Lamar

Last edited by L.Funk; 11-12-2009 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: Words out of place. / Thanks / Lamar

Old 11-12-2009, 02:47 PM

22,202 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Then you arent paying attention and thats the point of these threads

I dont believe anyone is saying that republicans are going to taking back the majority but they are going to take many seats and bye bye filibuster proof majority.

It wasnt long ago that republicans wasnt close to a 3 point margin let alone ahead

This particular race has been rather close from the start, though the Dems did have the edge.

Quite a few posts have predicted the GOP will regain the majority, others have said they will pick up a ton of seats while only naming 4 or 5 (if that many)

So since you think they will pick up many seats? Approx how much is that in the House, and Senate? (Don't need an exact amount a range is fine). And while you are at it start naming the districts and Senate Seats, and name more than just a couple.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:39 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,340,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Gee, we only have 350 or so days left to correct this.
Here is where you have it wrong. When democrats take actions towards 'correcting' bad situations, they make them worse. That's why the cities and states run by the left have been run into the ground. The states losing the most people to internal migration are all solid blue: Cali, NJ, NY, IL, Mass..

One could also ask if people like Obama, Pelosi and Reid are stupid since anyone with half a brain cell know their policies will fail. But the answer is No. They know that their policies will lead to misery and suffering, but they also lead to more Government power. They're doing it on purpose. Are they stupid? No. Evil? Yes.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:18 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,322,481 times
The dems have nearly destroyed Ohio.

They have killed jobs, raised taxes, let our infrastructure fall apart and have chased of many good companies who were looking to build here.

Miller Beer, the new solar plant that went to Tenn and others all wanted to come to Ohio and the stupid dems would not give them the tax breaks they needed to come here.

Many of them are on their last leg. Especially those who voted for the scam bill. They are toast.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:29 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,186,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Not that long away in terms of elections

Do you think the national debt is going to suddeningly drop or that unemployment is going to all of a sudden drop to 4.5%

People are going to vote with their pocket book and unless democrats have a magic fairy they better start waking up and listening to the avg americans they love to insult
But a VERY long way in terms of events.

Nevertheless, as the economy continues to improve, the Ds have GOT to communicate that the Rs did NOTHING to help, because the Rs are absolutely going to try to sweep in on the backs of the short sighted, short-memoried, amoral sheep, and try to associate the good news with their own sudden appearance.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:58 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,340,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
But a VERY long way in terms of events.

Nevertheless, as the economy continues to improve, the Ds have GOT to communicate that the Rs did NOTHING to help, because the Rs are absolutely going to try to sweep in on the backs of the short sighted, short-memoried, amoral sheep, and try to associate the good news with their own sudden appearance.
The Economy cannot continue to improve if it's not improving in the first place. Our debt is growing and our currency is declining in value. We have the same number of people (if not less) employed now as there were a decade back.

Calling conservatives 'sheep' is silly. We're not the trained seals who were bamboozled by Obama. We knew he was going to be disaster and he has been. He just fired another Cronie, Greg Craig (who was also a Clinton hack). Unemployment has skyrocketed since Obama took office and passed him 'stimulus.' The debt has ballooned since Obama came in, though W was also bad with spending (but still better than Obama). Our creditors are looking for a new reserve currency and the foreclosures, layoffs and number of people on Government aid are rising.

Nor are we amoral. It's the (D) party whose policies lead to misery wherever they are tried.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:11 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,544,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Yes I was wrong about Corzine, I never suggested Deeds was going to win, he ran a brutal campaign. By the way it was McDonnell not McDonald.

Regardless the Dems being behind by 3 points, with more than 20% undecided, a year before Election Day in a seat the GOP currently holds isn't something I am all that worried about.

oh Smash, i'm in New Jersey and a registered democrat. I could have told you that Corzine was going to loose. How did you miss that one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections