Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:28 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
Sarah Palin will not win the Republican Primary let alone become President. The best Republican chance to re-capture the White House will be Mitt Romney especially if the economy does not improve over the next three and a half years.
Which is a big "if". If I were a Repub, I'd bide my time a little. The issues may be entirely different in 2012. They may look "dated" if they go ranting on about something now that may be totally resolved by then, e.g. gay marriage, the economy, health care financing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 06:59 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,580,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Politics is all about momentum and ground game. The momentum has clearly shifted to the Republicans and the new ground game is in its developmental stages with Tea Party protests and voter anxiety over the record spending of borrowed money. The slush fund that is diverted stimulus money will be put in play just a few months before the midterms so as to maximize the effect and minimize the inevitable inflation that comes with monopoly money. If voters notice the inflation before the election, they may balk at sending the Democrats back to DC. Of course if they wait to long, the jobs won't be back in time for Democrats to take credit. Timing is crucial.
The momentum has shifted to the Republicans? Where? On the Sean Hannity show? At Rush's house? At the Wall Street Journal? And the tea party protests were more mocked than praised.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:00 PM

1,179 posts, read 976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
While the GOP wastes its time praying and watching polls hoping to find a kink in the armor (rather than using it constructively and distancing its radical elements to bring back the moderates it lost), the Dems are running circles around them.
That's their biggest problem, purging the loons out of their party asap.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:18 PM

4 posts, read 5,776 times
Default Romney/Palin

Still a while off, but better yet, Texas Govenor Rick Perry for President and Palin for VP. Could happen. Texas has jobs, financial stability, growth.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:35 PM

418 posts, read 488,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
Sarah Palin will not win the Republican Primary let alone become President. The best Republican chance to re-capture the White House will be Mitt Romney especially if the economy does not improve over the next three and a half years.
Ron Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll

"Texas Rep. Ron Paul, hero of a fervant band of libertarians, unexpectedly won the presidential straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference today, claiming 31% of the votes cast.

Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, who has carried the survey for the past three years, was second at 22%."

source

Old 03-01-2010, 05:38 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,721,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- A new Rasmussen poll finds pro-abortion President Barack Obama would be tied with former Gov. Mitt Romney in a potential presidential election matchup. The survey also shows Gov. Sarah Palin just six percentage points behind Obama in a possible 2012 presidential race preview.
]If the next election were held today, the Rasmussen survey, released today, shows Obama and the former Massachusetts governor tied at 45 percent apiece. [Another 7 percent would prefer someone other than Obama and Romney, who ran as a pro-life candidate in the 2008 Republican primary again eventual nominee John McCain, and 3 percent are undecided.
Against Palin, the pro-life advocate who is stepping down as governor of Alaska, Obama would receive 48 percent to her 42 percent. The same 7 percent want another candidate and 3 percent are undecided.

Barack Obama Tied With Mitt Romney in New Poll, in Close Race With Sarah Palin
Will we all get RomneyCare, the Socialized Medicine plan he got passed in Massachusetts?

Old 03-01-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnessey View Post
Still a while off, but better yet, Texas Govenor Rick Perry for President and Palin for VP. Could happen. Texas has jobs, financial stability, growth.
I thought Texas seceded?

Old 03-01-2010, 05:45 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,396,072 times
isn't Romney a "Muslin"? Oops,... I mean Mormon? The Ultra right wing Christian Coalition might not like that.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
isn't Romney a "Muslin"? Oops,... I mean Mormon? The Ultra right wing Christian Coalition might not like that.
He is an Anchor Baby

His Grandparents RENOUNCED their US Citizenship and moved to Mexico to practise Polygamy. They later returned with Mitts Father George but apparently never bothered to go through any immigration process

Old 03-01-2010, 08:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnessey View Post
It's possible, that is for sure!!!

I am still betting the Republican candidate is no one we have even thought much about: Perry could be that person. I do not think it will be Palin or Huckabee, I don't think either will even run and I hope Romney doesn't get the nod...

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections