Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2007, 05:19 AM

786 posts, read 4,732,860 times

Advertisements

I got a call from a National Polling Company a few weeks ago wanting to know my choice for President. I told them no one should have a real opinion yet because we have not had a chance to really view the various candidates in action. I have not seen a debate yet to watch each candidate in action right next to each other. Few candidates actually say what they want to do if elected and fewer still actually have formally announced.

I say it is to early for a Presidential choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 07:35 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I got a call from a National Polling Company a few weeks ago wanting to know my choice for President. I told them no one should have a real opinion yet because we have not had a chance to really view the various candidates in action. I have not seen a debate yet to watch each candidate in action right next to each other. Few candidates actually say what they want to do if elected and fewer still actually have formally announced.

Was I nappin? When were the nominations? lol

I never thought Kerry would win the nom in 2004, yet that's who I was stuck with as my "Alterna-Bush". Who knows who will win the nominations for 08?

I would say they were a little premature in calling with THAT question.

~TT

Old 04-01-2007, 07:46 AM

48 posts, read 192,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post

That is a little ridiculous. I guess they are just trying to figure out who the front runners are... Let's face it, when GW was in the race initially nobody thought he would get the nomination...but he did. It seemed McCain would have...but nope, GW was the one (ahhhhh!)

Anyhow, as a nurse in a large hospital...we better vote for someone that has a healthcare reform plan, you think? Oh, and how about education? Or should we just keep focusing on what is going on half a world away? It would be great if the president we elect paid a little more attention to what AMERICANS are struggling with as opposed to policing the rest of the world. I am not saying that we should not continue to remain the most powerful country in the world (I am also a flight nurse in the United States Air Force Reserve), but if we don't fix our own infrastructure we are going to collapse from within.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:44 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,290 times
My clear choice for President RIGHT NOW, ...is Bill Richardson.

My clear choice for President when it's time to vote...is whoever's likely to outpoll whoever Dick Cheney is backing.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:50 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,388 times
I guess we would see where they stood if they actually focused on debating views a little more. It looks more like some sort of Hollywood campaign. Oh wait we did have an actor for a president.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:08 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,051 times
My clear choice for President RIGHT NOW, ...is Tom Tancredo.

My clear choice for President when it's time to vote...if Tancredo doesn't get the nomination, Ron Paul. If I can't vote for Ron or Paul then I will just pick some random 3rd party to vote for.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:20 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,698,300 times
My CLEAR CHOICE for President is either Rudy Guiliani or John McCain. Whoever gets the nomination is the one I'm voting for; they're both great men with great character. I've met McCain before and he's an extremely personable guy. I support both of them 110%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections