Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 12:22 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,485,092 times

Advertisements

Hillary is a staunch woman. Look at her sucking up now.

America's youth voted for Barack because it was cool. The darn thing about it is that they never thought about a moral administration. Kids these days don't have any morals. Unless Britney Spears says they do.

Politically, the west coast could care less, and New England cares even less than that.

I begin to worry about America when a Code Pink-esque attitude becomes persvasive. The truth is that voting for popularism alone, is irresponsible.

Hollywood has won this time. But America has lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 12:27 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,851,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Hillary is a staunch woman. Look at her sucking up now.

America's youth voted for Barack because it was cool. The darn thing about it is that they never thought about a moral administration. Kids these days don't have any morals. Unless Britney Spears says they do.

Politically, the west coast could care less, and New England cares even less than that.

I begin to worry about America when a Code Pink-esque attitude becomes persvasive. The truth is that voting for popularism alone, is irresponsible.

Hollywood has won this time. But America has lost.
Do you really believe your own nonsense? How did America win with Bush and how would we have won with McSame!

Old 01-24-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Do you really believe your own nonsense? How did America win with Bush and how would we have won with McSame!
America learned how to be safe under Bush.

Democrats in this country think that we are safe by owning flower shops. No one will try to kill us if we're tranquil, and peaceful.

The only reason McCain got his boost was because Georgia veterans put him ahead in the primaries. Republicans should have done otherwise.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:59 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
well you got everybody written off on the flaw list for voting mr obama.
however i wanted to tell you i would have voted for a martian if he was willing to even discuss ending the war. its about the money friend. we are running out. i know what broke is, many dont have a clue.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:17 AM

I have to tell you Huckleberry, Iraqi democracy may seem like a stupid thing to you. But genocide has come to an end in that country.

So it is more about becoming broke for you than helping people.

California is really in financial sheep dip. When are you going to vote to keep illegals out?

When will Californians start to vote for a positive America? More drilling for example.

You live near the City of Angels, what do you care if Companies drill for oil off the coast?

You will never see it -- and niether will anyone else.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:44 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,574,384 times
man what a bunch of scatter brain thoughts!

No America's youth voted for Barack because he wasn't a insane war monger. As for a moral administration you have to be joking. Abu Ghraib, secret torture prisons overseas, shady back door deals with Oil companies, tax cuts for the wealthiest 1 % of Americans, cutting off school lunches for over 50,000 kids, the Terry Schiavo fiasco, the Dubai /US ports fiasco and finally invading a soveriegn nation in Iraq which had nothing to do with 9/11 yet wouldn't they wouldn't even question Saudi Arabia where 15 of the 19 terrorists originated from since the Bush family has had long extensive ties to the House of Saud for generations.

By the way the vast majority of states are in the red & it's just not California. That state sends more tax money to DC than it gets back in return. No wonder they are going broke since they are paying the bills for conservative states who don't bother to generate enough revenue to pay for their own crap.
How is drilling for oil more positive for America? Supply was never the issue so explain how Gas was nearly $4 a gallon last summer & now it's less than half that?

Old 01-24-2009, 02:06 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,488,958 times
Quote:
I have to tell you Huckleberry, Iraqi democracy may seem like a stupid thing to you. But genocide has come to an end in that country.
As of 2003, the only genocide going on in Iraq was the U.S.-led sanctions.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:08 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,488,958 times
Quote:
America's youth voted for Barack because it was cool. The darn thing about it is that they never thought about a moral administration. Kids these days don't have any morals.
Kids don't have your idiotic morals (sex: bad; violence: good) perhaps. That's not the same as not having any morals.

I'm too old to be exactly a kid, but I voted for Obama because I really hated everything his opponents represented. I like Obama more in office than I expected to.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:28 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,931,476 times
Quote:
America's conservatives voted for Bush because they were scared and piled debt onto my generation and my kids. Now Barack has no choice but to pile more debt to bring us out of this recession/depression. The older generation these days don't have any morals. Unless Dick Cheney says they do.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:13 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,947 times
I voted for Obama because he isn't McCain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections