Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 06:56 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,305,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
So you are saying Obama is a renter like millions of Americans?
No, I don't think so. According to Obama's tax records he claimed home mortgage interest and real estate property tax. However, if you do not own the property you cannot claim home mortgage interest on your tax return. Also, if you do not own the homey you cannot claim real estate property taxes on your tax return.

In 2005 Obama claimed no property taxes and $32,418 home mortgage interest. In 2006 Obama claimed $16,181 in real estate property taxes and $60,445 home mortgage interest, saving hime about $24,000 in tax. This is really unexplainable if Obama is not the owner. It smells of fraud...

Last edited by Kootr; 12-26-2008 at 07:47 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 07:00 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
That's because the lamestrean media refuses to report anything negative about Obama. He's been getting free passes from the media since day one. Don't know why you can't see that... When they change their tune you'll probably be one of the millions that will say; "Geez, I had no idea Obama was such a fraud".
Which tapes were these that were released and sunk the Obama ship in October?
Philip BERG ( Berg vs Obama )is representing API?? (of the Michelle tapes)
Posted by africanpress on October 20, 2008

The touchy interview tapes of Michelle Obama, the wife of the US Presidential Candidate Barack Obama is soon ready for release in the US and will be aired unedited.

The release has taken long due to the fact that API wanted to clear all legal hurdles and be safe from getting sued by any one. API and a US Law firm - LAW OFFICES OF PHILIP J. BERG has just entered into an agreement giving the law firm the right to represent API in all matters that may arise due to the Michelle Obama interview and the release of the tapes in the US.

API has realised that the interview with Mrs Obama is of great significance in the coming elections. The release of the tapes is not intended to derail the elections or to destroy the chances that Mr Obama may have in getting elected the first black president of the United States.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:02 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
No, I don't think so. According to Obama's tax records he claimed home mortgage interest and real estate property tax. However, if you do not own the property you cannot claim home mortgage interest on your tax return. Also, if you do not own the homey you cannot claim real estate property taxes on your tax return.

In 2005 Obama claimed no property taxes and $32,418 home mortgage interest. In 2006 Obama claimed $16,181 in real estate property taxes and $60,445 home mortgage interest, saving hime about $24,000 in tax. This is really unexplainable if Obama is not the owner. It smells of fraud...
As posted he has already been accused of naughty behavior for getting a low interest rate on his mortgage as I previously linked and has been discussed often in this forum.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:35 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,349,988 times
It's not uncommon for celebs, politicians and the wealthy to put assets like their homes in a living trust, for protection against lawsuits, etc. It's also common for US Presidents to put their assets in a blind trust during their term in office. When property is held in trust, it can be set up so the tax bill goes to the attorney handling the trust. Why wouldn't Obama use an attorney he previously he worked for, such as Miceli? Should he have used Berg?

I checked the county records...Recorder, Assessor and Treasurer....The property has not been sold. The office of Miceli is listed as the mailing address for the tax bill, not as the owner. Duh

Kootr, don't you get tired chasing your tail?

Old 12-26-2008, 07:38 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
It's not uncommon for celebs, politicians and the wealthy to put assets like their homes in a living trust, for protection against lawsuits, etc. It's also common for US Presidents to put their assets in a blind trust during their term in office. When property is held in trust, it can be set up so the tax bill goes to the attorney handling the trust. Why wouldn't Obama use an attorney he previously he worked for, such as Miceli? Should he have used Berg?

I checked the county records...Recorder, Assessor and Treasurer....The property has not been sold. The office of Miceli is listed as the mailing address for the tax bill, not as the owner. Duh

Gee - could this entire issue be just one more right-wingnut Obama is the Anti-Christ holy crusade???

Good post.... Thanks for the info!

Old 12-26-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:

If he had put his house in a trust it would have been listed in his tax records. And just because someone puts property in a trust does not mean they put the property in someone else's name. There was no reason for his assets to be in a blind trust as a senator, and it wasn't. The Obama's filed regular tax returns. It looks like Chicago organized crime bought Obama's house for him. No wonder Hillary was so upset with Obama's connection with Rezko!

Last edited by Kootr; 12-26-2008 at 07:59 PM..

Old 12-26-2008, 08:23 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,349,988 times
1. You still pay taxes on the house even though it's in a trust.

2. The property is not in someone else's name. "Billing address" is not synonymous with "owner." Anyone can set their property tax bill to go to their attorney, financial manager or po box if they wish. It's also a good way to confound snoops running searches on your name. I have my own house in trust and a diff billing address... it came in useful when I was single and men tried to find where I lived or what I was worth.

3. I said a blind trust would be created for the presidency, meaning he could have done it any time after the election. A regular living trust could have been created at any time after purchase, and is a very common thing to do. It has nothing to do with him filing tax returns; it's a method of estate management. Property taxes are still owed and paid and written off on income taxes.

5. The attorney's office may just handle his bills for him. Not uncommon for busy, wealthy people.

4. The house was purchased after he profited from his book deals. He didn't need "organized crime" to buy it for him.

What next? Will you go through his garbage cans? I hope the tuna cans say "dolphin safe."

Old 12-26-2008, 09:04 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,572 times
They have lost the birth certificate issue, and, as predicted, have come out with something else. This will happen for eight years. We might as well get used to it. Anything from Berg or Corsi should be automatically disregarded.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
1. You still pay taxes on the house even though it's in a trust.

2. The property is not in someone else's name. "Billing address" is not synonymous with "owner." Anyone can set their property tax bill to go to their attorney, financial manager or po box if they wish. It's also a good way to confound snoops running searches on your name. I have my own house in trust and a diff billing address... it came in useful when I was single and men tried to find where I lived or what I was worth.

3. I said a blind trust would be created for the presidency, meaning he could have done it any time after the election. A regular living trust could have been created at any time after purchase, and is a very common thing to do. It has nothing to do with him filing tax returns; it's a method of estate management. Property taxes are still owed and paid and written off on income taxes.

5. The attorney's office may just handle his bills for him. Not uncommon for busy, wealthy people.

4. The house was purchased after he profited from his book deals. He didn't need "organized crime" to buy it for him.

What next? Will you go through his garbage cans? I hope the tuna cans say "dolphin safe."
The real estate tax record and the tax statement shows the owner of the property as Rezko's attorney, William Miceli. If the property was in a trust (living or blind) the tax record would indicate it. (I'm sure you already know this having property in a living trust, which is very common.) The tax record shows the owner as William Miceli, not Obama, not a trust name. The tax statement is billed to the owner of record (William Miceli), not billed to the law firm (Miner, Barnhill & Galland), but to William Miceli himself.

Try again!

Old 12-26-2008, 09:12 PM

273 posts, read 342,793 times
OMG, who does that uppity negro think he is, living in a house like that? It can't possibly be his...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections