Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 05:15 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,015,955 times

Advertisements

Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 05:18 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,705,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
but I wish we would have done it.
How come? Not attacking...just want to know. I'm not at all familiar with life in Alaska (other than what we've all learned from Sarah ), so I'd like to know why some wish it would've happened, and some don't...?

(And it's good to know that Todd is no longer a member. Like I said before, I thought it was odd that he would be a member of the AIP, while she wants to govern the country that the AIP may want to secede from.)

Old 11-15-2008, 05:21 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,091,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
You think so? I don't know. He just doesn't appear all that bright or articulate to me. Most of the time he just vacantly stares into space and looks lost.
I agree...he appears to be another idiot just like his wife.A used car salesman kinda sleezy,but not smart enough to really be manipulative.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:28 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,777,005 times
Quote:
How come? Not attacking...just want to know. I'm not at all familiar with life in Alaska (other than what we've all learned from Sarah ), so I'd like to know why some wish it would've happened, and some don't...?
Well, I'm not saying that I wish that Alaska would have seceded--I'm saying that I wish that the panhandle would have seceded from the Territory and becaome a state in it's own right apart from the rest of Alaska. But I don't wish it with any great intensity. My reason is mostly because the panhandle tends to have bluer pastures than the rest of the state.

From what I recall, Todd Palin was a member of the AIP for a year or two; went to one meeting in Wasilla that they held, and soon reregistered as an Independent. I believe that this was around the first of the decade.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:44 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,472,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
True, but Glitch provided that website, in an attempt to prove that the AIP has no interest in seceding, when, in fact, many of the members DO have an active interest in seceding, as evidenced by the two links I provided, which were from the same website Glitch linked.

The members of the AIP want a re-vote, to determine whether or not the majority of Alaskans want to be a 1)territory, 2)separate and independent nation, 3)commonwealth, or 4)state. So, obviously, a "separate and independent nation" status is being actively pursued by some members.
Still spewing your liberal lies I see. Wanting a vote on what was originally promised in 1958 is not advocating secession any more than they are advocating any of the other three possibilities, including statehood. To take that one option and consider it to be the entire Alaska Independence Party platform is a flat out lie, and something I have come to expect from dishonorable liberal freaks. Thanks for not disappointing me.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:17 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,705,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Still spewing your liberal lies I see. Wanting a vote on what was originally promised in 1958 is not advocating secession any more than they are advocating any of the other three possibilities, including statehood. To take that one option and consider it to be the entire Alaska Independence Party platform is a flat out lie, and something I have come to expect from dishonorable liberal freaks. Thanks for not disappointing me.
Well, I guess that's why I didn't "take that one option and consider it to be the entire Alaska Independence Party platform" as you so ignorantly and erroneously suggest. If you actually took the time to read my post, I said "many of the members" and "to determine whether or not the majority of Alaskans" and "some members" and "Maybe not all, but some." Literally, those are the exact words I used. I never once even came close to implying that secession is the entire platform of every member of the party.

It's quite obvious that you are so blinded by hate and ignorance that you didn't read (or, more likely, couldn't comprehend) my post. I used the terms "most" and "majority" and "some." Never did I say "all" or "entire" or "every" as you so ignorantly suggest. Never did I tell a single lie. Never did I misrepresent the intentions and goals of the AIP.

Through your own posts, you have proven your complete ignorance of both the subject being discussed, as well as basic reading and comprehension skills. IMO, you had very little credibility on this forum to begin with, but you have just removed any credibility you may have still clung to. Grow up and learn to read. Then, come back and join in the adult discussion.

Here's my thread that you so ignorantly mis-represented:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
True, but Glitch provided that website, in an attempt to prove that the AIP has no interest in seceding, when, in fact, many of the members DO have an active interest in seceding, as evidenced by the two links I provided, which were from the same website Glitch linked.

The members of the AIP want a re-vote, to determine whether or not the majority of Alaskans want to be a 1)territory, 2)separate and independent nation, 3)commonwealth, or 4)state. So, obviously, a "separate and independent nation" status is being actively pursued by some members. Maybe not all, but some. Otherwise, if no one wanted that possibility, they would not actively want a re-vote which could result in Alaska becoming a separate and independent nation. That's all I was proving to Glitch. I wasn't saying that the AIP *only* wants to secede, but it is certainly actively pursued by at least some of the members. So, I was proving Glitch wrong, using his own link.

By the way, I have no problem with Alaska seceding, if that's what its people choose to do. Doesn't bother me in the least. I just think it's odd that someone wants to be VP or P of a country, when her husband is a member of a party that is actively pursuing a vote that may result in secession from said country. Just seems odd to me.

Last edited by Politico; 11-16-2008 at 04:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections