Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 09:08 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,092,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
We can only hope. My concern is that they are most likely going to split very quickly. Maybe even fake an illness or death? Who knows? They have enough money to buy a damn planet because they've stolen all the money off of this one. I read that Bush bought a very large piece of land in Paraguay on top of an aquifer. Don't want to put a damper on this, but I'm just not setting myself up for disappointment. You know they did catch up with the Nazi war criminals many years after the fact. I just hope that this happens.

Bush Family Paraguay Hideaway Update (http://www.cco.net/~trufax/general/bush_family_paraguay_hideaway_up.html - broken link)
WOW...I just read through this...I hadn't heard of this at all.You should start a thread on this and see what else surfaces on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 11:42 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,352,558 times
Default Karl Rove says Obama landslide

CNN has a link to a map by Bush's former architect of victory, Karl Rove.
He gives Indiana and Missouri to McCain, but still sees an electoral blowout for Obama, including Florida and Pennsylvania.

Obviously he's GOP-friendly but is calling this for the Dems. Interesting map.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:46 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,420,139 times
I have to laugh. When Republicans quote anything by Karl Rove here, it is immediately denounced by the left. As soon as Karl Rove says anything favorable toward Democrats, it is immediately embraced. This is a trend I can't understand. I think it's called "hypocrisy"? LOL... "fair weather friend"? Yeah...either way, he's been saying this for a while. Not really news.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:48 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,184,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I have to laugh. When Republicans quote anything by Karl Rove here, it is immediately denounced by the left. As soon as Karl Rove says anything favorable toward Democrats, it is immediately embraced. This is a trend I can't understand. I think it's called "hypocrisy"? LOL... "fair weather friend"? Yeah...either way, he's been saying this for a while. Not really news.
hypocrisy aside, he is usually spot on with his predictions!

Old 11-04-2008, 12:04 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,352,558 times
Default oops -- didn't see earlier thread!

Apologies to the Moderator for not checking first to see if this topic had been posted already and it has...I saw that my thread had been "moved" after about a minute and wondered why!

Anyway...I am not "embracing" Rove or his opinion; just thought it was interesting, whether or not one reads ulterior motives into his projection. (e.g. keep overconfident Dems at home, or lingering hatred of McCain, whatever...)

Old 11-04-2008, 12:06 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,694,594 times
landslide is a misleading concept. A candidate can win all the EV if he wins by one vote in each state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections