Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 11:03 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Hey, he's the one that reported the use of the **** in his manifesto, not me.
Oh my Allah, obamas black? Oh yeah, he said he was didn't he?
Obama has never claimed to have used crack; did you actually read his book, or are you relying on second-hand accounts from someone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 11:09 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
It was Obama that went on the world tour and spoke to foreign crowds.....Of course the French find Obama to be a moron....so much for changing our status with the world.
Now Biden says he will be challenged in his first 6 months.....and here I have been told by the left wing nutjobs that Obama would be loved by the world....if he is loved why would there be an attack?

The only thing we know is Obama will raise our taxes and take away our 401k and Roth IRA's......
What are you talking about? The French gave him the "Star" treatment. Joe "The Traitor" Lieberman said the same thing a few months ago about Obama being tested. Stop listening to Rush!

Old 10-29-2008, 11:11 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Obama has never claimed to have used crack; did you actually read his book, or are you relying on second-hand accounts from someone else?

Yes or no, did he not say he regularly used cocaine and alcohol? If he abused coke on a regular basis it's a STRONG possibility he also abused crack.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:11 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
He certaintly will change our 401k structure.....

This is unbelievable to me.....this country came to be due to dbl. taxation....the civil war was fought over dbl. taxation....are the liberal left really this ignorant?

Congressional hearings about new plan re 401K retirement savings plans | Ron Paul Wins! | Campaign for Liberty at the Daily Paul (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/70405 - broken link)
Proposed 401k changes by Congress - Smaller Indiana
Best of the Web Today - WSJ.com
House Democrats Contemplate Abolishing 401(k) Tax Breaks | workforce.com
This was in a hearing on what the market has done to 401ks and suggestions for protecting them. Only a hearing. Do not panic.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:19 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,439 times
Obama sounds like he will part the sea in half.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:20 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
He and his cult sure think he can, but Nobama couldn't even change a dollar.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:20 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,766,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post

The blue half and the red half.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:26 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Yes or no, did he not say he regularly used cocaine and alcohol? If he abused coke on a regular basis it's a STRONG possibility he also abused crack.
The way I remember it from the book (and it has been a while) he explicitly mentions smoking pot, drinking, and a few instances of trying blow.

How that leads to a STRONG possibility of using crack is just ridiculous. Obama has been open and completely honest about his foolish experimenting in his youth - unlike George Bush and Bill Clinton who got squeamish when asked - and to assume without any sort of proof that he smokes crack (which you plainly said) is juvenile and vitriolic. When you makes assumptions like that you are pretty much spitting on rationality.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:32 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,196,176 times
Quote:
It was Obama that went on the world tour and spoke to foreign crowds.....Of course the French find Obama to be a moron....so much for changing our status with the world.
Now Biden says he will be challenged in his first 6 months.....and here I have been told by the left wing nutjobs that Obama would be loved by the world....if he is loved why would there be an attack?

The only thing we know is Obama will raise our taxes and take away our 401k and Roth IRA's......
Unlike many here on the forum, I can't predict the future and my guess is only that, a guess. The world may be a grand place in four years or it may be little more than scorched earth.

I do know from looking back at our recent past that America went from having the admiration of almost the entire world, to the point where Arab nations signed on with us to fight against those who attacked us, even against their own brethren. Today, we are viewed with a far more contemptuous and skeptical eye and we have lost a fair amount of why other nations wanted to be like us, which was our benevolence.

Before placing this all on a single man we probably should give some closer examination of our policies which are just as if not more important than the man executing them.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:35 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,766,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Unlike many here on the forum, I can't predict the future and my guess is only that, a guess. The world may be a grand place in four years or it may be little more than scorched earth.

I do know from looking back at our recent past that America went from having the admiration of almost the entire world, to the point where Arab nations signed on with us to fight against those who attacked us, even against their own brethren. Today, we are viewed with a far more contemptuous and skeptical eye and we have lost a fair amount of why other nations wanted to be like us, which was our benevolence.

Before placing this all on a single man we probably should give some closer examination of our policies which are just as if not more important than the man executing them.
I actually agree with much of what you just said......food for thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections