Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:49 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
He has held just as many press conferences as Palin AND he did not need flash card training. What does that say about Sarah herself?
You are judged by the company you keep on the campaign trail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 01:54 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,333 times
Joe the Plumber is such a scam. I wonder how much money he got from the Mc Cain campaign to ask Obama that question. A plumber apprentice with no license thinking about buying a business for 250K, another gimmick for the ignorant.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:55 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I could not believe this when I saw this last night on CNN. I agree with the comments they gave. What the heck. He endrosed John McCain big deal. He also gave his thoughts on Foriegn Policy. He was with John McCain on the trail. Who cares. Joe the plumber or whoever you are you are not a big deal anymore than anyone else. God please tell me at this time next week we won't have to hear about him anymore or Cindy the Teacher or Flo the florist.
I'm with you. This bald-headed Neanderthal character was a McCain plant, designed to engage Obama in such a farcial, manufactured event. It just so happens that this idiot was questioning Obama about taxes and just so happens that it was recorded. Such an incredible farce. This idiot then goes on record to support McCain. Who the hell cares? Like Palin, he is an all-american nobody.

Speaking of taxes, every election, Republicans harp on taxes. Is this all McCain has?

There is a TRILLION DOLLAR failed war going on that Bush lied to get into. McCain supported it. It is an utter failure. What does raising taxes have to do with that?

Bush has not raised taxes, and the economy tanked in historic fashion. How about that?

Bush hasn't raised taxes, but utilities, health care, education costs, mortgage costs, food prices, infrastructure failure risks, air travel, gas prices, job insecurity, illegal immigration, rate of h1 visa workers replacing americans, crime rate, street gang violence rate, teen pregnancy rate, divorce rate, bankruptcy filing rate, heath risk rate, tainted food rate, school shootings, racially-motivated hate crimes, and rate of divisiveness have increased dramatically while Bush has been in office with McCain's blessings.

This is why Joe the planted "plumber" is a nobody and McCain is a loser.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:57 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,437,138 times
It appears that "Joe the Plumber" is the best they have, what a sad commentary.
Sadder yet the fact that some people think this guy is some kind of authority on foreign policy or the economy , YIKES!

forum rules, please read them

Old 10-29-2008, 02:09 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
ROFLMAO. This is what it's come to for the McCain campaign. While the rest of his party ditches him, McCain is forced to use people like Joe The Plumber and Elizabeth Hasselbeck to campaign for him. Meanwhile, people like Romney, Huckabee, and Giuliani have disappeared. LOL.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:00 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,964 times
I just heard on msnbc that they reported a story from political.com that Joe just was signed with some Country music label or PR. It appears he has soo many talents.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:05 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Instead of heavyweights politicking for McCain/Palin, we have Joe the plumber and Elizabeth Hasselbeck. Who's next, Peewee Herman?
No different than Obama having Oprah "big racecard playing liar because Hermes closed on time and she couldn't buy her handbag" Winfrey, campaign for him.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:13 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
"Joe The Shmoe Plumber" will be McCain's Secretary of State.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:15 PM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Barack Obama discovers a leak under his sink, so he calls Joe the Plumber to come and fix it.

Joe drives to Obama's house, which is located in a very nice neighborhood and where it's clear that all the residents make more than $250,000 per year.

Joe arrives and takes his tools into the house. Joe is led to the room that contains the leaky pipe under a sink. Joe assesses the problem and tells Obama, who is standing near the door, that it's an easy repair that will take less than 10 minutes.

Obama asks Joe how much it will cost. Joe immediately says, "$9,500."

"$9,500?" Obama asks, stunned. "But you said it's an easy repair!"

"Yes, but what I do is charge a lot more to my clients who make more than $250,000 per year so I can fix the plumbing of everybody who makes less than that for free," explains Joe. "It's always been my philosophy. As a matter of fact, I lobbied government to pass this philosophy as law, and it did pass earlier this year, so now all plumbers have to do business this way. It's known as 'Joe's Fair Plumbing Act of 2008.' Surprised you haven't heard of it, senator." In spite of that, Obama tells Joe there's no way he's paying that much for a small plumbing repair, so Joe leaves.

Obama spends the next hour flipping through the phone book looking for another plumber, but he finds that all other plumbing businesses listed have gone out of business. Not wanting to pay Joe's price, Obama does nothing. The leak under Obama's sink goes unrepaired for the next several days.

A week later the leak is so bad that Obama has had to put a bucket under the sink. The bucket fills up quickly and has to be emptied every hour, and there's a risk that the room will flood, so Obama calls Joe and pleads with him to return.

Joe goes back to Obama's house, looks at the leaky pipe, and says "Let's see – this will cost you about $21,000." “A few days ago you told me it would cost $9,500!" Obama quickly fires back.

Joe explains the reason for the dramatic increase. "Well, because of the 'Joe's Fair Plumbing Act,' a lot of rich people are learning how to fix their own plumbing, so there are fewer of you paying for all the free plumbing I'm doing for the people who make less than $250,000. As a result, the rate I have to charge my wealthy paying customers rises every day.

"Not only that, but for some reason the demand for plumbing work from the group of people who get it for free has skyrocketed, and there's a long waiting list of those who need repairs. This has put a lot of my fellow plumbers out of business, and they're not being replaced – nobody is going into the plumbing business because they know they won't make any money. I'm hurting now too – all thanks to greedy rich people like you who won't pay their fair share."

Obama tries to straighten out the plumber: "Of course you're hurting, Joe! Don't you get it? If all the rich people learn how to fix their own plumbing and you refuse to charge the poorer people for your services, you'll be broke, and then what will you do?"

Joe immediately replies, "Run for president, apparently."

Old 10-29-2008, 03:15 PM

511 posts, read 658,536 times
Joe the plumber... big LOL. He even has Fox thinking what the..

Five minutes with Joe The Plumber had Shepard Smith so frustrated that the Fox anchor felt compelled to issue a disclaimer, immediately following the segment, pushing back on any notion that Obama would mean the "death of Israel," saying: "I just want to make this 100 percent perfectly clear -- Barack Obama has said repeatedly and demonstrated repeatedly that Israel will always be a friend of the United States, no matter what happens once he becomes President of the United States. His words." Smith later added, "The rest of it -- man...some things -- it just gets frightening sometimes. We'll be right back." I haven't seen Shep this broken up about the state of the world since Katrina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections