Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:06 AM

13,186 posts, read 15,034,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
YEP! It's horrible what they do with our wealth, bridges, interstate highways, air traffic control

I'd much rather have to swim when I need to cross a river!

I'd much rather drive over unimproved terrain when I need to go coast to coast!

And wouldn't it great fun to fly on airliners that may or may not be maintained while playing 'dodge 'em' with other airliners?
You ain't kidding brother. My dream is to work at Spago's in Aspen as a waiter or busboy.

Where will my dream go if they don't have all that disposable income?

Spend it on education, infrastructure, renewable energy research???....... Boring! Who wants to be a teacher, civil engineer, or scientist? Yuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 09:13 AM

63 posts, read 86,575 times
Quote:
YEP! It's horrible what they do with our wealth, bridges, interstate highways, air traffic control

I'd much rather have to swim when I need to cross a river!

I'd much rather drive over unimproved terrain when I need to go coast to coast!

And wouldn't it great fun to fly on airliners that may or may not be maintained while playing 'dodge 'em' with other airliners?
So we on the same page? I agree with you. But please don't take my money and give it to a lazy incompetent leach who does not pay tax. What Obama will do is send "tax credits" ie money to ppl who don't pay tax. How does that build a road, all it does is gets the beneficiary new sneakers and cigarettes and beer!?

Old 10-29-2008, 09:15 AM

68,416 posts, read 54,768,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJackman View Post
NO, who is brain washed now? Look up the definition of Tax. Tax is used to support a government and should be used to build infrastructure and provide essential service. NOT take from one and give to another. You ppl think you so clever. Just because you the majority you think you right! lol

When we tax childless people and build/operate schools, we are taking from one and giving to another.

When we tax healthy people and fund drug standards, we are taking from one and giving to another.

When we tax people who don't drive and build roads, we are taking from one and giving to another.

When we tax vegetarians and fund USDA meat inspection, we are taking from one and giving to another.

Etc., etc., etc............................................... .

It's called improving our country.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:16 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,658,120 times
Quote:
So we on the same page? I agree with you. But please don't take my money and give it to a lazy incompetent leach who does not pay tax. What Obama will do is send "tax credits" ie money to ppl who don't pay tax. How does that build a road all it does is gets the beneficiary new sneakers and cigarettes and beer!

That would horrible! Have you seen the Taxes on cigarettes and sneakers and beer?! If people spend that money it will be just like a stimulus to the economy and we really need to be saving as much money as possible.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
So we on the same page? I agree with you. But please don't take my money and give it to a lazy incompetent leach who does not pay tax. What Obama will do is send "tax credits" ie money to ppl who don't pay tax. How does that build a road, all it does is gets the beneficiary new sneakers and cigarettes and beer!?

Paid any attention at all to Iraq?

Old 10-29-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Paid any attention at all to Iraq?
Even Biden supported the war! It was a mistake I admit now but why make another mistake by voting for Obama?

Old 10-29-2008, 09:28 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,955,447 times
biden tried to sell the war as much as McCain!

YouTube - McCain's YouTube Problem Just Became a Nightmare

i say lets nuke Iran, lets nuke N. Korea, lets nuke them all! Vote McCain!

Old 10-29-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Even Biden supported the war! It was a mistake I admit now but why make another mistake by voting for Obama?

Because voting for a 72 year old who's supported Bush policies over 90% of the time and an alleged 'maverick' who is obviously nothing but a typical power abusing politician (although less knowledgeable than most) would be an even bigger mistake.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:38 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,369,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
It is so funny watching how the GOP just brainwashes everybody. "Distribution of wealth", "Socialsim", finally they got terms to stick with people.

You are right. We are all going to be one class of poor people in poverty. I just give up. I am just going to give in and start believing this BS too.
It's just their childish way of picking up the game board and tossing it across the room just before the game's over because they know they're going to lose.

This just in: "Obama kills bunnies for fun and will appoint Osama Bin Laden as his Secretary of State".

Old 10-29-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Because voting for a 72 year old who's supported Bush policies over 90% of the time and an alleged 'maverick' who is obviously nothing but a typical power abusing politician (although less knowledgeable than most) would be an even bigger mistake.
Oh well, luckily for you your wish will be granted and we will see if you right or not! Now only time will tell. I suspect Obama/Biden will be very quick to use military force. The next 4 years sure are going to give us conservative some good material. And when you guys dont get your free stuff it sure is going to make me laugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections