Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:46 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,295,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis702 View Post
I dunno. Unless Palin has a script in front of her, she's not the most articulate person. On Fox, however, she might just be able to babble endless talking points and get away with it.

In contrast, someone like Huckabee is a much better fit for a Fox talk show. I may not agree with much of what he says but he can talk without stumbling over his own words.
I wouldn't vote for Huckabee, but he is articulate, intelligent, and funny and I would listen to him. Never Palin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 09:50 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,663,700 times
Perhaps we can get the "Yoda style" language decoder rings mailed to us for the Governor's next political go round.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:01 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,487,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Do you believe the Governor has a future as a National Political figure, or he she torched the bridges she's crossed never to be rebuilt?
I hear she has a future in doing a talk show.

McCain - I think he's finished and can't wait.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:01 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Chris Matthews mentioned yesterday she could be offered a job as talk show host. She appeals to right wing base and their narrow views, and I think that's a real bridge to nowhere. There's lots of infighting in Palin's campaign and she's going take a lot of blame for McCain's loss. The term used was "shredded" in the article I read.
That seems very possible.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:16 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,868,117 times
How about she joins MSNBC on a show similar to Hannity and Colmes?

Maddow and Palin

Can you imagine that?

Old 10-25-2008, 10:19 AM

4,174 posts, read 6,715,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It will never excuse the fact she went to 6 colleges to get a degree in broadcasting and is not very smart, nor will she ever be, but since the Repub party is made up of ideologues she does not have to be.

Remember, Repubs are anti-intellectuals. She doesnt believe in climate change, wanted to ban certain books, and wants creationism taught over evolution.
These are the reasons I think Palin will be trying to run for President in 2012. She has a good base of right wing supporters, like Huckabee. Look at her recent interview (Palin: Bush a major obstacle for campaign - Nightly News with Brian Williams - MSNBC.com) - this person who was a complete unknown a few weeks ago had the gumption to blame Bush for the campaign's problems. This says something about her mindset & signals she will not hesitate to use her base to roll over party elders. She is very aggressive and will let nothing stand in her way - including the fact that she is simply out of her league at national levels. And, she can lie blatantly and without shame -- examples being Troopergate innocense, why she does not talk to gotcha MSM media, etc. This will help her to the national stage but I doubt she will amount to anything more than Buchanan.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:05 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,868,117 times
Politically, I think she's toast.

Too many ethics and judgement questions.

And ultimately, McCain's loss will be dissected and debated. When all is said and done, many Republicans will come forward and blame the loss on the selection of Palin.

The end of the campaign won't signal an end to the Palin scruitny- I think it will only be the beginning. This is going to be a horrible election day for the Republican party. They are losing Congressional seats on the federal and state level as well as the Presidential election.

There is going to be infighting and finger pointing and the blame game will be in full force.

If everyone found humor in the feud between Bill Clinton and Al Gore after the loss in 2000, just wait and see what happens between McCain and Palin. There will be expose's, there will be books, there will be documentries, and Oliver Stone just might make a movie about it.

Neither of them will finish this in a flattering light because they will be blaming one another.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:35 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,663,700 times
I'm betting you're right. This will become a textbook often referred to example of what not to do for the Republican's for years to come. The references to the "Palin Pick" will become legend.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:39 PM

26,638 posts, read 37,107,042 times
Quote:
Do you believe the Governor has a future as a National Political figure, or he she torched the bridges she's crossed never to be rebuilt?
I'd put money on her becoming a U.S. Senator.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:24 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,879,415 times
pirate girl wrote;
Quote:
How about she joins MSNBC on a show similar to Hannity and Colmes?

Maddow and Palin

Can you imagine that?
Maddow would own her! Maddow is bright, articulate (amazing what education can do for one) and actually knows what the hey she is talking about. Palin, not so much.

I would probably quit watching Rachel and I know my wife would. My wife is in the demographic that went from "Sarah WOW" to "Sarah HUH", to "Sarah FTW?". Rachel Maddow show is one of the few politics only shows she enjoys. She thinks that when I'm out of sight I'm secretly writing for Olbermann.

golfgod
golfgod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections