Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will continue to occupy Iraq at a cost of 12 billion/mo?
McCain for sure! 36 87.80%
Obama will! 5 12.20%
I didn't know we spend 12 billion a month in Iraq 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 05:09 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,360,089 times

Advertisements

Listen to what this brother says about that:

YouTube - a Random Rant

You might want to listen to him and learn something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 05:10 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,688,917 times
i love these surveys. i know i know hard right says CDF is dirty commie infested but i love it. this forum proves americans are a whole lot smarter than 8 years ago.
obama 08

Old 10-22-2008, 05:11 PM

29,917 posts, read 39,563,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
No matter who wins in November, we are not getting out of Iraq anytime soon. I wish we had never started this debacle, but now that we ruined the country it is our duty to help put it back together again -- especially things such as their infrastructure. Nonetheless, there is no reason why oil rich Iraq isn't pitching in at the point. We want out, but I am not entirely convinced that the current Iraqi government wants us out....
Iraqi Pressure Vault
Iraq Development Program - Latest Iraqi News

Old 10-22-2008, 05:30 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,671,826 times
Thanks for the links.....it's a mess, and pulling our troops out is unfortunately not going to happen as it would be devasting to the region, and ultimately us.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:41 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,068,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_in_NC View Post
Well, we know Obama will for at least 16 months.

How much per month would his war with Pakistan cost? Remember, Pakistan has an inventory of nuclear weapons, Iraq & Afghanistan didn't.

First, Obama has NEVER advocated war with Pakistan, but he has been clear on this very precise issue. If actionable intelligence indicates that they have the location of Osama bin Laden or high ranking al-Qaeda members the US would strike if Pakistan did not. In short doing pretty much what Bush is doing now (of course after arguing that such a policy was irresponsible). So if you have a contrary quote, post it... I won't hold my breath waiting however.

As for war with Pakistan... Let's say such a thing came to pass, are you suggesting that Pakistan would actually risk a nuclear exchange with the US? They have been involved in a full scale shooting war with India for quite sometime, did I miss the mushroom clouds? A surely a right wing conservative like McCain wouldn't be afeared of a nuclear with little old Pakistan when he is ready to play a game of brinkmanship with nuclear Russia over two inconsequential provinces of Georgia?

Old 10-22-2008, 07:51 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,826,761 times
Quote:
No matter who wins in November, we are not getting out of Iraq anytime soon. I wish we had never started this debacle, but now that we ruined the country it is our duty to help put it back together again -- especially things such as their infrastructure. Nonetheless, there is no reason why oil rich Iraq isn't pitching in at the point. We want out, but I am not entirely convinced that the current Iraqi government wants us out....
Believe me, they want us out, but everytime they tell us that, Bush pulls them aside for a briefing, after which they say, 'well you can stay another few years'. Let's stop pretending shall we? Iraq was much more stable under Sadaam. Christians were protected, and Shia and Sunni lived together in relative peace, because Sadaam was opposed to the Islamic Fundamentalist leanings of the Shia, and killed them if they started displaying them.
Now we that we have bombed the hell out of their country, left tons of depleted uranium, caused the death of a million of them and displaced a couple million more - do we owe them something? Yeah, but we don't have the money to pay for it, so let's just get out of their country, and leave them the hell alone. Same thing in Afganistan. We aren't after Bin Laden, we want to control the oil pipelines thru the region just like Russia did, and like Britan wanted to do in Iraq - Bush your world dmoniation plan has failed, and you have caused chaos in America and the world.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:10 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,671,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Believe me, they want us out, but everytime they tell us that, Bush pulls them aside for a briefing, after which they say, 'well you can stay another few years'. Let's stop pretending shall we? Iraq was much more stable under Sadaam. Christians were protected, and Shia and Sunni lived together in relative peace, because Sadaam was opposed to the Islamic Fundamentalist leanings of the Shia, and killed them if they started displaying them.
Now we that we have bombed the hell out of their country, left tons of depleted uranium, caused the death of a million of them and displaced a couple million more - do we owe them something? Yeah, but we don't have the money to pay for it, so let's just get out of their country, and leave them the hell alone. Same thing in Afganistan. We aren't after Bin Laden, we want to control the oil pipelines thru the region just like Russia did, and like Britan wanted to do in Iraq - Bush your world dmoniation plan has failed, and you have caused chaos in America and the world.
Hell must be freezing over as I completely agree with you!

Nonethless, I honestly don't see how the hell we can get out of there quickly without causing even more problems. Truthfully, ten days, ten months or ten years it will still be a mess. We can only hope that obama and whomever is on his cabinet can really understand the long term ramifications of the withdrawal when it does happen so that it happens at the most optimal time.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:15 PM

29,917 posts, read 39,563,809 times
All the major oil suppliers in the world do not have our best interest in mind.

It gives those regimes a very strong say in our economy and productivity.

The more allies we have that supply oil the better. The more oil producers we have on our side the more say we have in our future.

It is a national security issue.

Hate Palin or not she was dead right. You can't look around your home and name something that got there without petroleum products. Unless you have an all organic garden outside with no fertilizers or bagged soils.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 10-22-2008 at 08:38 PM..

Old 10-22-2008, 08:28 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,826,761 times
Quote:
Hell must be freezing over as I completely agree with you!

Nonethless, I honestly don't see how the hell we can get out of there quickly without causing even more problems. Truthfully, ten days, ten months or ten years it will still be a mess. We can only hope that obama and whomever is on his cabinet can really understand the long term ramifications of the withdrawal when it does happen so that it happens at the most optimal time.
The sooner we leave their country, the better for them and for us. Iraq and Afganistan are countries with long histories of foreign occupation. Ironically under Sadaam Iraq had relative peace, but now the Fundamentalist Shia control most of Iraq. Nonetheless, the Iraqis have a way of settling their own differences among themselves, if left to themselves. They are basicly a rather hedonistic people, but not really war-like. I realize that's a subjective opinion, but I think they have suffered enough under these wars, and just want to live in peace.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:35 PM

873 posts, read 1,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
The sooner we leave their country, the better for them and for us. Iraq and Afganistan are countries with long histories of foreign occupation. Ironically under Sadaam Iraq had relative peace, but now the Fundamentalist Shia control most of Iraq. Nonetheless, the Iraqis have a way of settling their own differences among themselves, if left to themselves. They are basicly a rather hedonistic people, but not really war-like. I realize that's a subjective opinion, but I think they have suffered enough under these wars, and just want to live in peace.
I think I've tried to give you three rep points in the past 5 minutes. It says I need to spread the love. But nice posts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections