Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 01:00 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,930,851 times

Advertisements

I won't bore you all again with why I think McCain is actually ahead in this race, we have been there and done that. But an interesting fact came about this evening while listening to a local AM radio talk show. It stated that both campaigns conduct very strict, tightly reigned polls for maximum accuracy so that they might truly know where to target prospective voters. Neither campaign likes to advertise these polls, as they are for internal use only. Problem is, they both got leaked out.

As of the 1tth, both polls, conducted by McCain's team and Obama's both showed McCain with a lead. I cannot recall which poll it was, but one had McCain at 47-42 and the other at 47-39, again both indicating McCain had the lead.

Fact is, in both the Ras. and gallop, there are glaring mistakes.

1. Estimates are as high as +22% more democrats being polled.

2. A higher percentage of under aged 30 are being polled then in any election in history. Big mistake, they won't show like they think.

3. Bradely affect has been waived, yet most election historians agree, it will be a 2-3 point factor in this election.

4. Don't forget operation chaos, that yielded at least 1 million republicans to register as democrats.

5. Ohio's courts have ordered all late voter registration applications now be 100% authenticated and confirmed. Florida to follow suit. NICE TRY, DEMOS

6. Gallop poll is counting on a 91% democratic voter turnout. that would shatter all known election turnouts, by over 10%. Are they crazy?

Again, election night will be another close race!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 01:10 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,946,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Neither campaign likes to advertise these polls, as they are for internal use only. Problem is, they both got leaked out.

As of the 1tth, both polls, conducted by McCain's team and Obama's both showed McCain with a lead. I cannot recall which poll it was, but one had McCain at 47-42 and the other at 47-39, again both indicating McCain had the lead.
With all due respect to your local AM talk show, if these internals had been leaked they would be on Drudge or some other similar source. Without a link, your post is nothing more than another desperate internet fabrication. I'm sure there are some polls out there that don't have McCain so far back, why not just post those and at least base the post in reality?

Old 10-15-2008, 01:30 AM

799 posts, read 1,449,585 times
Polls are no indication of how the election will turn out. They only set people up to be disappointed and help feed the idea that the election was stolen.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:37 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,505,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
Polls are no indication of how the election will turn out.
My friend, you need a refresher course on Statistics 101. When polls are swinging to one candidate as much as they are now, they definitely are an indicator of what direction the race is heading.

You better believe that McCain and Obama staffers are hovering over every single poll that's released of every single day to gauge the political climate.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:06 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,068,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
My friend, you need a refresher course on Statistics 101.
Please their heads will burst.

Quote:
You better believe that McCain and Obama staffers are hovering over every single poll that's released of every single day to gauge the political climate.
My little volunteering for the Obama campaign is just about such numbers. Every door to door canvas every phone call is entered into a constantly updated data base, age, sex, race, party affiliation to not only track where the vote is going but to find those votes and get them to the polls.

The Repugs think that the Obama ground game (ain't go nothing to do with ACORN) is going to be sitting on its poll numbers on election day. That being the case I want to seriously dissuade them of that belief. We will be going door to door all day, we will be calling voters all day, we will be driving voters to polls, all day, we will have rallies and visibility events all day. And, we will be on the streets in numbers.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:16 AM

38,696 posts, read 26,499,722 times
I guess at this point I'm just wondering if the media bias hasn't become the pollster bias too. I'm in the southern suburbs of Detroit. And while it's not a scientific measurement, the lawn signs and bumper stickers are about even. Detroit is Obama country but the other areas of the state tend to vote GOP. I was surprised to see the campaign pull out. It's not like we're looking for a democrat to come and save us. We got a dem for a governor and she's useless. She's been in office for almost six years and has done nothing to improve the economy. She takes trips around the world that she calls trade missions, but we all know that's crap. Her very first act as governor was to outlaw lapdances. Could have fixed the schools, lowered taxes, fought crime, built infrastructure, etc. Nope! Gotta' get rid of lapdances before anything else. Well I guess we'll all sleep better knowing the lapdance issue has been resolved.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:56 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,157,971 times
I live in the reddest city in the reddest county in the reddest state, and I have been surprised at how few lawn signs and bumper stickers are out there. I have an Obama sign and bumper sticker, but I have seen almost none of either around our city. I think all Texans assume that McCain/Palin will win here, and I am sure they will. The polls indicate that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections