Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 01:54 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,619,573 times

Advertisements

What is so pathetic for Republicans is that the only person they can get excited about is George Bush in drag = Sarah Palin. That country smile & "you bet ya" folkism is like a parody of a bad Hollywood movie

The last few weeks of the election will be more of the same: bad news each day for McCain. I understand his campaign has pulled out of Michigan as a lost cause & not enough money to fight the polls numbers in Obama's corner.

Michigan is next to Ohio which is next to Pennsylvania = all states that now favor Obama by fairly large margins.

America wants to see more interviews of Sarah "you bet ya" Palin so that we can laugh for crying while George Bush pulges the nation into the Great Depression II

Are all Republicans morons? I was hoping that only Bush could be so incompetent\ ignorant but it appears W has many more fellow morons in the GOP like "My Friends"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 01:54 AM

172 posts, read 609,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
We appreciate the concern. But I've got to say, I don't see you as that much of an outsider. If we gave you a gun, I think you could pass for American.
Ah, that was rich. I have a pretty good shot, though probably not as good as Governor Palin. Stereotypical American arrogance I guess, and I try and defend you guys in front of very anti-American Canadians (there are a fair amount of them up here it seems). Oh well, I just know that most Americans are not like you, so that is why I support you guys and will hopefully become one eventually. Seriously though, you cannot say that the two party system is not dividing your country and hurting its well being. What about moderate voters? People who are center-left or center-right on the political spectrum, who do they vote for? I am center-right, and if I were American I would vote for McCain, but, at the same time you cannot tell me you would not prefer more than essentially two choices!?

Old 10-03-2008, 03:46 AM

300 posts, read 1,211,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
The quiet readers in here know the truth. Those CNN, NBC, ABC and CBS polls are all clearly bias.
You must live in one seriously twisted world.

Is there anyone who doesn't like McCain/Palin that you think ISN'T biased?

Probably not.

Easier to sleep at night knowing the world is out to get you I suppose.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Exactly, The media has been always full of it!! People believe they are getting the whole truth, how far from it.
I'm sure that's why when you click on the link about how Obama is leading in the polls you get an error that the webpage can't be found.

FOX News Poll: Obama Reclaims Lead Over McCain, 45% to 39% - FOXNews.com Elections

... but if you click on the link to a story about reverend wright on the same page, boy, that one works!

So is Fox being biased when they say "
Obama Leads McCain

A new FOX News Poll shows Obama recaptured the lead over McCain 45 percent to 39 percent

"

Old 10-03-2008, 03:56 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,081,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The poll is 61% to 39% in favor of Biden now.
The FOX poll now shows Biden winning? Oh yeah, well FOX is biased too then, as is all of the media, including CNN, MSNBC, and my local news. Wah wah wah the liberal media bias has obviously taken over FOX.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Fox VP Debate Poll: Palin 86% Biden 12% Undecided 2%

Sarah Palin kicked some Dimocrat Tail tonight.

I had to click a zillion times, but it worked.

Now 64% to 36% for Joe Biden at the same poll with 162,000+ people voting.

Darn that Fox poll. Must be biased. All those Dimocrats must be out there clicking more than once. Dirty Dimocrats.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:58 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,081,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian97 View Post
I'm sure that's why when you click on the link about how Obama is leading in the polls you get an error that the webpage can't be found.

FOX News Poll: Obama Reclaims Lead Over McCain, 45% to 39% - FOXNews.com Elections

... but if you click on the link to a story about reverend wright on the same page, boy, that one works!

So is Fox being biased when they say "
Obama Leads McCain

A new FOX News Poll shows Obama recaptured the lead over McCain 45 percent to 39 percent "
Hmmmmmmn. That must be why the poll results dont work when you click the poll on who won the debate on the link to FOX. It gives you an error message and says it can't read the results. Now why am I starting to believe that I would be able to see the results if they were for Palin. That network will stop at absolutely nothing to be dishonest and disreputable. Poll results not working, ha!

Old 10-03-2008, 04:09 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,832,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Look up S190. That's the smoking gun in this election. She nailed him on it. The dems got their fingers in the cookie jar and the hockey mom is slappin' hands!!!
I would hate to call you out on this, but what exactly in terms of S190 is this supposed smoking gun? A bill from Hagel that McCain signed onto a year after it was expired? If that is your smoking gun so be it, but you may want to reconsider the whole "smoking gun" issue as neither candidate was successful as a senator to pass any regulation, let alone propose their own.

If Hagel comes out and says he has fundamental disagreements on foreign policy with McCain will you still try to tie McCain to his bills? If not what bills does McCain have were he isn't directly tied to extremely liberal members of the senate?

Old 10-03-2008, 04:23 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
What is so pathetic for Republicans is that the only person they can get excited about is George Bush in drag = Sarah Palin. That country smile & "you bet ya" folkism is like a parody of a bad Hollywood movie

The last few weeks of the election will be more of the same: bad news each day for McCain. I understand his campaign has pulled out of Michigan as a lost cause & not enough money to fight the polls numbers in Obama's corner.

Michigan is next to Ohio which is next to Pennsylvania = all states that now favor Obama by fairly large margins.

America wants to see more interviews of Sarah "you bet ya" Palin so that we can laugh for crying while George Bush pulges the nation into the Great Depression II

Are all Republicans morons? I was hoping that only Bush could be so incompetent\ ignorant but it appears W has many more fellow morons in the GOP like "My Friends"

these posts are similar to the posts the day after mccain nominated palin so this must be a good day for the conservative base. you bet ya!

Old 10-03-2008, 04:26 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,254,563 times
I'm quite sure most people think this way:
Poll: Who Won VP Debate, Sarah Palin Or Joe Biden? - Forbes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections