Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 07:50 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,451,930 times

Advertisements

New Mexico

Obama-52%

McCain-44%

SurveyUSA Election Poll #14476

New York

Obama-58%

McCain-36%

OBAMA REGAINS COMMANDING LEAD IN NEW YORK | PoughkeepsieJournal.com | Poughkeepsie Journal

North Carolina

Obama-50%

McCain-47%

Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/north_carolina/election_2008_north_carolina_presidential_election - broken link)

Obviously NY is no surprise but NM is reassuring and NC would be a killer should Obama win there...McCain supporters have a great deal to be concerned about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 07:52 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,764,063 times
Yea, Obama also extended his lead to 7 points in the rasmussen polls.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:53 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,595,418 times
The fact the Obama is edging out over McCain in republican strongholds such as North Carolina, shows what the outcome of this election is going to be and it wont be pretty for McCain.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:54 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,392,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
New Mexico

Obama-52%

McCain-44%

SurveyUSA Election Poll #14476

New York

Obama-58%

McCain-36%

OBAMA REGAINS COMMANDING LEAD IN NEW YORK | PoughkeepsieJournal.com | Poughkeepsie Journal

North Carolina

Obama-50%

McCain-47%

Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/north_carolina/election_2008_north_carolina_presidential_election - broken link)

Obviously NY is no surprise but NM is reassuring and NC would be a killer should Obama win there...McCain supporters have a great deal to be concerned about.
Yeah. Although it COULD change, right now Obama is riding a veritable tidal wave of good news across the country.

If McCain is going to win, he needs to do something dramatic pretty quickly. Time is running out. It's looking like he might lose ALL the battleground states.

Ken

Old 10-02-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
It's looking like he might lose ALL the battleground states.

Ken
That being the case, Obama would win by a huge landslide

Old 10-02-2008, 07:56 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,880,236 times
mccain's support is getting stronger here. during the primaries, all I saw were ron paul signs. then after the primaries I saw a few obama signs. now I see more mccain signs than obama signs which is a little strange for this area considering the entire liberal world has relocated here. perhaps after moving here, they realize how much the government sucks..................especially the local government.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:58 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,738,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
mccain's support is getting stronger here. during the primaries, all I saw were ron paul signs. then after the primaries I saw a few obama signs. now I see more mccain signs than obama signs which is a little strange for this area considering the entire liberal world has relocated here. perhaps after moving here, they realize how much the government sucks..................especially the local government.
Yeah, I'm sure your survey of yard signs gives you better scientific results than Rasmussen's polling methods!

Old 10-02-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
Trust me..you cant go by yard signs. besides a big reason why you may not see alot of obama signs is because they are hard to get. Everytime I call the democratic office, they are out of yard signs. Bumper stickers are the same way.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:01 AM

first of all, I don't consider any of these polls "scientific." polls can be slanted whichever way they want to be slanted. second of all, it was an observation. should I paste a definition of observation into the thread for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Yeah, I'm sure your survey of yard signs gives you better scientific results than Rasmussen's polling methods!

Old 10-02-2008, 08:03 AM

yeah, I am sure his signs are hard to get. his campaign has plenty of money. like I said, it's an observation. if I had a dime for every time an obama supporter posted an observation or some obscure pole, I would be a wealthy man. well, not too wealthy after the government took their share of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Trust me..you cant go by yard signs. besides a big reason why you may not see alot of obama signs is because they are hard to get. Everytime I call the democratic office, they are out of yard signs. Bumper stickers are the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections