Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 03:56 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times

Advertisements

Could we please get some liberal media bias here in Dallas Ft. Worth?

Both major daily newspapers endorsed Bush, the three all talk radio stations run right wing propaganda 24/7.

On the Sunday shows George Will has no liberal counterpart on ABC.

FOX Conservative Brit Hume actually hosts his show which runs 3/2 Conservative to liberal pundiits

Bob Sheafer is just one guy who has mostly conservative guests on his show as does NBC.

It's a freaking joke to say that we have a liberal media in the face of all these facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 04:03 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,566,366 times
Having worked in newspapers and with people in all forms of mass media, to think of "the media" as some monolithic entity with a united agenda is preposterous. There are biased people, and that bias can very well make its way into the finished product, but it varies. I've worked with people from both extremes of the political spectrum and those somewhere in between, someplace not too far from where I sit. Not that I get in the business of pigeonholing my political views much.

The only united agenda that owners of corporate newspapers, networks and such have - generally - is make as much money possible while paying its employees the least possible. At least that's my experience with it.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:21 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Give me a break. Even as a kid, I could tell that the entire news/entertainment industry tends towards the liberal. The illegal aliens I see on tv are always way harder working, more noble, and better looking than the ones I see in real life. The rich guy/corporation is usually the evil antagonist. The criminal is usually the most misunderstood, rehabilitatable (sorry for the weird word) chap...victim of circumstance...

Old 09-28-2008, 04:23 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Give me a break. Even as a kid, I could tell that the entire news/entertainment industry tends towards the liberal. The illegal aliens I see on tv are always way harder working, more noble, and better looking than the ones I see in real life. The rich guy/corporation is usually the evil antagonist. The criminal is usually the most misunderstood, rehabilitatable (sorry for the weird word) chap...victim of circumstance...

Typical right winger. You can't cite facts. Just your own opinion.

Here are the facts.

Media Matters - Black and White and Re(a)d All Over: The Conservative Advantage in Syndicated Op-Ed Columns

http://mediamatters.org/sundayshowreport/ (broken link)

Now I'm sure you will discount these valid reports, by shooting the messenger.

Anything that conflicts with right wing myths are suspect and must be ignored.

Last edited by padcrasher; 09-28-2008 at 04:37 AM..

Old 09-28-2008, 04:31 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
I'm not a right-winger...and if you can't see that Hollywood is flaming liberal for the most part, tell me where you're getting your movies/tv shows.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:13 AM

Hollywood is not the news media. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's the lack of distinction between news and entertainment. It's getting to where I'm having a hard time seeing where one ends and the other begins. Thank relaxed regulations on media ownership for that.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:27 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times
Rupert Murdoch is keeping with the party lines... there is no liberal press, there is barely a free one.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:54 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,192 times
During the DNC, NBC, CBS, ABC all had conservative commentators with liberal commentators. During the RNC, there were no liberal commentators allowed, but the same conservative commentators. How do you explain that?
Remember 2004, what happened to Dan Rather?
Also, Viacoms boss came right out and said that "it's more profitable for us to have Bush win that it would be for Kerry."

Old 09-28-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Also, Viacoms boss came right out and said that "it's more profitable for us to have Bush win that it would be for Kerry."
I guess this would explain all the play over the "swift boat" thing.

Also notice how the whole Jeremiah Wright thing was all over the place, but I have yet to hear a peep from the MSM about
this, aside from that liberal hack Keith Olbermann.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections