Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2008, 11:05 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,867,084 times

Advertisements

What a difference it would be if the Primaries were being held now. Probably McCain and Obama wouldn't even get a look in. Mitt Romney was the only candidate with any economic experience. Ron Paul would be looking a lot different too. Would you change your vote?

Last edited by geeoro; 09-20-2008 at 12:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 02:07 PM

148 posts, read 237,652 times
I would not have changed my mind, but you bring up an interesting point.

Clinton would have probably won if the economy had been the top issue.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:16 PM

36,699 posts, read 67,767,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
What a difference it would be if the Primaries were being held now. Probably McCain and Obama wouldn't even get a look in. Mitt Romney was the only candidate with any economic experience. Ron Paul would be looking a lot different too. Would you change your vote?
Romney was the best Republican but evangelicals would rather swallow rusty nails whole then vote for a Mormon. As a Mormon, I wonder why people in the church are so adamantly GOP when its darn clear that the democrats are more accepting of us.

As far as the primary, if it were held today, I think Obama would beat Hillary in CA by a pretty wide margin.

I still think he should have picked Hillary as his running mate.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:27 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,447,169 times
Because Republicans have such lousy judgment, you never know what kind of candidate we're going to get from that party's primary season. Before, it was the village idiot. Now, it is the village idiot's follower McCain.

The Democrats picked the best candidate Obama, but unfortunately didn't embrace him early enough. Clinton was no match and she should've been booted out after Super Tuesday rather than wasting enormous time and resources pacifying her. She should've yielded early rather than stumbling forward in self-denial.

So I would choose Obama absolutely. He is the best candidate for this office in recent memory...and he's looking like the favored candidate at the moment.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:29 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,125,610 times
I wouldn't change my vote.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:30 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,594,390 times
I'm more of a centrist Democrat, and I wish Mark Warner, Evan Bayh, or even Tom Vilsack would have stuck through to the end since I supported all them.

But of the three remaining: Obama, Hillary, and Edwards, Obama was by far the best candidate and if the primaries were re-done, he would win by a far larger margin.

I was hoping the GOP would have nominated the flip-flopping mormon. That race would have been pretty hilarious as Romney would have been slaughtered in the general election.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:32 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,831,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
My first choice in the primary was Bill Richardson and he would still be today.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:35 PM

874 posts, read 1,861,449 times
My vote wouldn't have changed and I don't believe my state would have significantly differed.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:35 PM

500 posts, read 912,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliana_b View Post
I would not have changed my mind, but you bring up an interesting point.

Clinton would have probably won if the economy had been the top issue.
Yeah, because her husband didn't contribute to this mess with NAFTA and de-regulation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections