Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 12:43 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,463,479 times

Advertisements

Sarah Palin's wasteful ways | Salon News

After unauthorized spending of $50,000 to redecorate the mayor's office just after she took office, when confronted about her decision by a Wasilla City Council member, she said, "'I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't."

Everyone, please read this ENTIRE ARTICLE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 12:44 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post

After unauthorized spending of $50,000 to redecorate the mayor's office just after she took office, when confronted about her decision by a Wasilla City Council member, she said, "'I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't."

Just what we need, another arrogant 'decider' anywhere near the White House.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:49 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,968,193 times
Ah, my daily opportunity to type the following:

I hate her.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:52 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,633,377 times
WAAHHHHHHH!

The looney left will do anything they can to throw BS attacks at her.

And the hatred, while disgusting, is typical behavior for those who call themselves "the party of tolerance". Lol, BS.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:52 PM

hmm

Other officials in the borough government -- the equivalent of county government in other states -- point out that Palin actually had very little executive responsibility, since the borough oversees many of Wasilla's vital functions.

"After all her boasting about her executive experience, what did she do?" asks a longtime borough official, who, like many in local circles, requested anonymity because of Palin's reputation for vengeance. "The borough takes care of most of the planning, the fire, the ambulance, collecting the property taxes. And on top of that she brought in a city manager to actually run the city day to day. So what executive experience did she have as mayor?"

Old 09-18-2008, 12:54 PM

more hmm

'Sarah Barracuda' -- she's proud of that name now, she uses it in her campaigns," said her former mentor. "But she got that name from the way she conducted herself with her own teammates. She was vicious to the other girls, always playing up to the coach and pointing out when the other girls made mistakes. She was the coach's favorite and he gave her more playing time than her skills warranted. My niece was on her team; she was a very good player. I used to sit there in the stands, and I would wonder, Why on earth is Sarah getting so much playing time?"

Old 09-18-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
WAAHHHHHHH!

The looney left will do anything they can to throw BS attacks at her.

And the hatred, while disgusting, is typical behavior for those who call themselves "the party of tolerance". Lol, BS.

At least it's not a bunch of adulterers playing that 'family values' card

And I for one don't think Palin merits the energy required to hate, she'll soon be back in Alsaka as a mere footnote in history.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:00 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,633,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
At least it's not a bunch of adulterers playing that 'family values' card

And I for one don't think Palin merits the energy required to hate, she'll soon be back in Alsaka as a mere footnote in history.
Hmmm, I get it, you feel left wing hypocrisy is better than right wing hypocrisy? Lol, that is funny, and actually, hypocritical.

And apparently Palin does merit the energy required to hate. Just look a couple of posts up from yours.

I'm not voting McCain, but watching the left go bezerk is quiet a treat.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Hmmm, I get it, you feel left wing hypocrisy is better than right wing hypocrisy? Lol, that is funny, and actually, hypocritical.

And apparently Palin does merit the energy required to hate. Just look a couple of posts up from yours.

I'm not voting McCain, but watching the left go bezerk is quiet a treat.

I suggest YOU read MY post, I said "I for ONE", kinda takes the post above out of that play

And I dislike the hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle but in the case of Palin I think McCain's just becomes inexcusable after chiding Barama for not picking Hillary, someone who'd been second best in vote gathering and has experience, WHERE did that concept go when HE was choosing a running-mate?

Old 09-18-2008, 01:14 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post

Everyone, please read this ENTIRE ARTICLE.

scary if this lunatic actually ends up in DC. She is clearly unbalanced, and power hungry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections