Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 07:16 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,340,538 times

Advertisements

Both paties will tell you what they think YOU want to hear. since I've been a registered voter for many, many years, and now nearing the age of 60, I can tell you firsthand, all politicians are liars. they'll say anything to get elected, so they can pad their pockets, their special interest's pockets, lobbyists, oh, the list goes on. neither the republican, or democratic party has YOU, the American citizen in mind after being elected. besides, American Presidents are nothing more than figureheads, except for george bush jr., who is a dictator and war mongering fool. the 2 party system is extremely flawed. we need more Americans who can THINK for themselves, and elect a third party system who might have OUR hopes and dreams in mind, and think the way mainstream Americans think!
glen beck is probably the brother of dog the bountyhunter, or, at least in that same classification.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I read that book, along with Audacity of Hope. It should be required reading for anyone considering voting for Obama. I wish they had the same thing for McCain so people could see how the candidates have really voted, why, links and resources to double check and make sure the author of the book is accurate, what they've done in their political lives, not just what they want you to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections