Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 08:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
Wow, it's like a foreign country. You sure we're not in Russia?
DUH, she'd never make that mistake. What do you take her for?

I mean everybody knows you aren't in a foreign country until you've crossed over into Hawaii. Or when you're at that one place in Disney with a different country on every street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 08:07 PM

488 posts, read 819,994 times
Hey Uncle John! Look at all of the funny looking brown people in their colorful costumes!

Old 09-16-2008, 08:32 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,063,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
DUH, she'd never make that mistake. What do you take her for?

I mean everybody knows you aren't in a foreign country until you've crossed over into Hawaii. Or when you're at that one place in Disney with a different country on every street.

Now there is cause for a thought... Perhaps it would be better to just take Palin to Epcot, not only would she be able to see people dressing in different costumes, but she could get a taste of faux-international cuisine and culture. I mean after all, even African's wear Armani at the UN.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:32 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, didn't obama do the same with his disaster of a foreign policy trip that included the first ever political rally on foreign soil?

Do I get a reward for predicting that dumb idea would backfire?
I've sat here trying to figure out how to explain the difference to you but if you don't get the fundamentals I just can't. Foreign policy trip versus tagging along. It's like my spouse taking me to the UN so I can say I have some experience. No wait, its not. Her being there is normal. Never mind.

Maybe its like a big brother taking a little sister to a ballgame to teach her the basics which is okay since everyone knows she needs training wheels. But you don't bring her along to sit in the dugout at the World Series in hopes of having her take a swing at the pitch.

It is unusual to see a senator at that meeting to begin with. Palin? No. Senators aren't normally even allowed to address the Security Council.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:36 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
Now there is cause for a thought... Perhaps it would be better to just take Palin to Epcot, not only would she be able to see people dressing in different costumes, but she could get a taste of faux-international cuisine and culture. I mean after all, even African's wear Armani at the UN.
It's a world of hopes and a world of fears,
It's a world for dudes...there's no room for qu*ers,
There's so much we ignore
Though it's un-der our door,
It's a small world after all.

It's...a small world after all,
It's a small, small world.

There is just one moon and one golden sun,
And McCain says "F * ck you!" to everyone,
Though the Pub'cans divide and keep the homeless outside,
It's a small world after all.

It's a small, small world.

"Oh, Uncle Johny. That was fun! Can I get a hat with Mickey Mouse ears on it? Please?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections