Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 11:55 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,864,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
LOL...I noticed some of the comments were along the lines of "taken out of context"...well, that can be said about Michelle Obama's quote also.
The difference being is that it is entirely believable that Michelle Obama only became proud of America when her husband declared his candidacy. Whereas McCain's service to his country and his status as legitimate war hero render mute the OPs original intent to slander a great American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 11:58 AM
NWS NWS started this thread

720 posts, read 1,647,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I often hear good honest Americans who love their country saying things like "This country has gone to cr*p" or "This is no longer the country that it used to be" and many other things. It doesn't mean that they hate America but that they are unhappy with Where America is going. Is this election now turning into a "Silly Boy Lemon" contest? The candidates policies are being left far behind to the point that no one really knows the policies anymore. Too interested in turning this whole Election into a petty cat fight over everything except substance.
We needed you when they were tearing Mrs. Obama a new one.
It didn't mean that Mrs. Obama wasn't proud just that this was the proudest moment for her.
They can't have it both ways.
If you want to take every word spoken and tell the speaker what THEY meant by what they said this is going to happen.
I know what John McCain meant.
I also know what Mrs Obama meant.
I just wanted to show a few people what hypocrites they are.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:59 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,288,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Notice how the right/repubs aren't defending this one. I guess the dems are too classy to make something out of almost nothing, that's why no one is really running with this comment made by McCain decades ago.
If only the repubs would to the same thing.
They always flee in the face of reason. They're not interested in knowledge or the truth. Give it to 'em, and they're gone. Off on another ideological rampage. Like wind-up robots on the side of fear and loathing.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:21 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,855,122 times
NWS... You talk a lot of sense. Michelle Obama and the other family members on both sides are now the biggest targets in this Election. The he said/ she said Cr*p. I wasn't a michelle fan but having heard her speech and listening to her talk, she is probably one of the most genuine people in this debacle. If we were all hung for things we say... America would be a very empty place.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:29 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,890,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Apparently they tortured his finger. This is his excuse for not knowing how to operate a computer.
Not funny. Torture of one of our soldiers is not something to take lightly and make disparaging jokes about.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:30 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,864,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Not funny. Torture of one of our soldiers is not something to take lightly and make disparaging jokes about.
She's one of those who will never understand that Freedom isn't free. Don't waste your breath.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
NWS... You talk a lot of sense. Michelle Obama and the other family members on both sides are now the biggest targets in this Election. The he said/ she said Cr*p. I wasn't a michelle fan but having heard her speech and listening to her talk, she is probably one of the most genuine people in this debacle. If we were all hung for things we say... America would be a very empty place.
A poll asked people what they were afraid of the most.
Public speaking won.
I dabbled in public speaking and realized it wasn't me.
One time I was suppose to introduce someone.
I was supposed to say "and now for the next speaker Mr. ---- Burris"
For some god forsaken reason I actually said "and now
for the next speaker Mr. ---- Berserk"
I felt so bad. Everyone thought I said it on purpose. It got a great laugh
from the audience but it wasn't a comedy club.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
She's one of those who will never understand that Freedom isn't free. Don't waste your breath.
Gosh you guys showed up not to defend your candidate
"I didn't love America" McCain but to attack another poster's comment?

Old 09-14-2008, 12:40 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,855,122 times
LOL NWS. Public speaking is harder than it looks and when it is made to look easy it is a skill. It is a Skill that is needed though for public office. Even though the candidates are ripped about mistakes in their speeches, i think they ALL do a great job. I am an entertainer in the UK and it is easy to make a mistake on stage. The best way to get over it is to just carry on and to not make a big deal about it. Unfortunately the ever present cameras can play it back over and over again. I wish cameras could replay when a builder messes up your driveway or the plumbing or a mechanic makes a mistake on your car. They just rectify and whistle as they get away with it. This michelle thing is stupid beyond belief. Michelle is NOT running for office and not going for public office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections