Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 03:08 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,542,385 times

Advertisements

No chance in hell it would come from the Republicans, but it may come from the dems getting 60 seats in the senate and gaining seats in the House. I hear they could lose 20 to 30 more in the House.
McCain and Palins hands would be big time tied and they would have an almost worthless adminstration.
I can accept that just a tiny tiny bit if McCain wins and it's looking like 2004 again, instead of Obama kicking McCain's rear, which is the way it should be.

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 09-09-2008 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 03:12 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,822,822 times
Maybe you will have to move to Europe with Alec Baldwin.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:13 PM

4 posts, read 23,811 times
Can I ask why you don't seem to have a problem with your fellow democrats buying votes to get things passed - yet you're so hostile against McCain? I'm not saying either candidate is optimal, but look at the speaker - investing $100k into a scheme that would give herself and her other partners in crime a monopoly over water rights in Dallas and the surrounding regions. They've added it to the back-end of a bill that's supposed to bring more wind power to the area. That seems a little shady to me, and that sort of thing seems to be coming more from the left than the right - although I'll agree that they're all shady in some form.
It's easy to point fingers at the other party, but try taking a look at the ones pointing right back at yourself.
And I do think it's surprisingly funny how the leftist media has been bashing McCain for months now, claiming he never stood a chance. Literally everyone I knew thought Obama was going to win. Suddenly the tables have turned because the press can't skew the facts anymore - the polls speak for themselves.
Typically I vote for the LEAST shady candidate out there, and I can't find anything about Obama that isn't shady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections