Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:26 PM

18,046 posts, read 27,501,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Was somewhat surprised to hear Sarah Palin referred to as "White Trash" today (Tues 9/09/08) on a national radio program, National Public Radio's Tell Me More, a program about black people and their issues.
That's ok. America loves her. Except for those few liberal Whackos who fear and hate her.

Besides that, I'm sure she's been "called a lot worse on the Basketball Court."

Old 09-09-2008, 06:02 PM

280 posts, read 687,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Nobody called Palin "White Trash" and I listened to all 17+ minutes. The woman being interviewed said she is explaining those terms to her children, that's all, since the term has been on numerous blogs about the family.

Before it was taken down, Levi Johnston's MySpace page was full of profanity and he said he was a self-proclaimed redneck. He also filled his page with lots of crude expressions. I believe he dropped out of high school too, but I cannot confirm that fact. Also, in a 2005 interview Palin's was asked about the name of her new business license "Rouge Cou" which she explained is "a classy way of saying Redneck" because it's French.

The values that are being taught here are what any good parent would want their children to learn. After all, we know that in today's society, if you are lucky enough to even get a job, having a good college education will open up many doors that would otherwise be closed. I know supermoms who would have trouble balancing a busy career and taking care of a special needs child and a pregant teenager. What will happen during a national emergency?

Also, although all babies are gifts, after 4 children, why didn't her husband just have a vasectomy? If she doesn't believe in birth control, does she also want that procedure outlawed? Why did a woman whose amniotic fluid was leaking board a plane and not advise the staff she was in labor? My friends in the medical profession are completely baffled by this lack of good judgment. Why the secrecy? I have different ideas about the reason, but they're off-topic and only conjecture based on personal opinion.

So IMHO this is why there are been those "White Trash" comments. There are many photos of her wearing dead animal furs to promote the aerial wolf slaughter and, although she's probably getting some unfair media coverage (who isn't?) her entire family reminds me of a Jeff Foxworthy joke or a Jerry Springer show, so I'm not surprised to hear those words.
This post is completely pompous. If you are going to portray yourself as such a know it all, educate yourself. The Governors with Sarah when she went into labor, said the first call she made was to her doctor, who told her she was more than safe to fly home. She is not against contraception, and who the he** are you to say anyone should have had a vasectomy. Perhaps someone should have given the same advice to your daddy. Get a grip.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:05 PM

877 posts, read 2,769,719 times
First I have to say thanks for the link to the NPR radio show. With that said, I have to concur with JustNancy as no one called Sarah Palin "white trash". It was an interesting conversation detailing various viewpoints but to use this as it was some kind of vindictive slur against Sarah Palin or her family is extremely misleading. The only reference to "white trash" was when the London participant stated that she has been put in the position of explaining what "white trash" means. The implication was that this reference was brought up to her and she had to explain what it meant. If that is her calling Sarah Palin or her family "white trash" then I am seriously in need of a comprehension adjustment because I don't get it.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:33 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,188,484 times
Hey folks, it's "trailer" not "trailor" - you wouldn't want to look like illiterate White Trash!

Old 09-09-2008, 06:40 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,205,003 times
Well didn't take long for folks to make this about each other instead of the topic at hand... I guess it is time for me to close this trash
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections