Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:55 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,611,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
This will be my last post on the thread because I dont even want to vote for her and McCain, nor is this even an important topic, but here is how I see it.

I do not care about the inconsequential details of how it ended up being sold, as long as the fact is that it was initially listed for sale on eBay.

If you want to imply anything from her statement of "I put it on eBay" it would be that she really wanted to sell the plane. Does it matter that it didnt get bids on eBay after being listed? No, not really, it was the quick response and resourceful way that she went about trying to get rid of the thing that I found interesting.

Her intent was to eliminate waste, she identified a wasteful object and attempted to sell it through eBay. That attempt didnt work and she sold it through another channel. I find absolutely nothing about this to be misleading or anything like that.

Everyone here seems to think that she should have said something along the lines of:

"It was listed for x# of days, I didnt get any bids, so then I called this guy who does private plane sales, and he told me that he might be able to sell it, so then I had this friend who also sells planes, and he said he could help, so I negotiated between the two of them for 3 weeks and then I decided to go with the first guy. So he found this other guy who was interested 2 weeks later, so we negotiated on price for a day, he was $50k lower than I wanted, but we met in the middle and then I sold it."

Do we really care? Point is she wanted to sell the stupid thing and she did.
The point is that she made the statement with the intent to mislead.

If she had said "you know that stupid plane, I sold it to an investor", the statement would have been just as true, but not misleading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 03:56 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,777,005 times
Speaking of inaccuracies...

Quote:
Oh no, the democratic governor before Sarah paid way to much for it, he paid 2.7 million for a jet that was only worth 2.1 million.

But then again that is what democratic people do, spend our money.
The previous governor who bought the plane was a member of the Republican party.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:56 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,167,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Actually, she said she put the plane on Ebay. She did not say she sold it.

You lose.

Try harder next time.
Supporters said she sold it....and even if she did....so what? Does that make ALL ebay sellers competent to be president?

Old 09-05-2008, 03:57 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,863,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
THis was not a luxury plane used by her predisesor, this was a plane that was used to transport prisoners to Last chance state Arizona. The plane was NEVER sold on EBAY. She embelished this. It was sold to an investor for 300K less than asking price. NOT ON EBAY.

Every 3 or four hours I find out another one of her lies. I guess in her part of Alaska, they may not have high speed internet yet
She said 'I put it on eBay'. She never claimed she sold it on eBay. Face it. You're 'outraged' because the woman you and everyone else passed off as stupid made you feel stupid.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Are you seriously doing this to yourself? Really?

One warning to the jet's potential buyers: Murkowski said in the interview before he left office that despite all the fuss, it's actually not that comfortable.

"You can't stand up in it," he said, and the bathroom is basically a port-a-potty. "You dare not use it."

That is your link and does that sound luxury to you the independent reader? Like I said you need to see the inside. I didn't say it was or wasn't luxury but that doesn't sound Donald Trump style to me.
Whats the point? The jet wasnt comfortable so obviously the story is real and Palin lied? Thats a heck of a lot of proof you have there.

Murkowski criticized the jet that he bought, claiming that he needed it to be confortable while traveling. I guess it was good enough to buy, but not good enough to sell to the outgoing Governor!! Classic..

Old 09-05-2008, 03:58 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,611,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Supporters said she sold it....and even if she did....so what? Does that make ALL ebay sellers competent to be president?
Depends on what their "real" satisfaction number is. Is it 99% or 80% or possibly 67%.......

Old 09-05-2008, 03:59 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,863,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yeah.

She's not a liar.

She's a misleader.

Duh.
No. You just inferred a meaning that was not accurate. Read and listen for comprehension next time.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
he regularly used it to travel around the state, sharing it with the Department of Public Safety.

See the department of Public Safety is where the prisoner part comes in.

You might want to read your links in the future prior to challenging other posters with them. Thanks for the corroboration of my point.
I read the story just fine, but lets recap what you stated..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
THis was not a luxury plane used by her predisesor, this was a plane that was used to transport prisoners to Last chance state Arizona. The plane was NEVER sold on EBAY. She embelished this. It was sold to an investor for 300K less than asking price. NOT ON EBAY.

Every 3 or four hours I find out another one of her lies. I guess in her part of Alaska, they may not have high speed internet yet
So your the one finding that this was a "lie".. good work shirlock, but she didnt lie.. The plane was considered nice enough for the Governor to buy to use, and while it transported a few prisoners, it was bought for the Governor to use to be "comfortable" (per the outgoing Governor) while traveling.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:02 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,202,406 times
Remember folks, the topic here is...

Palin LIES about airplane sale on Ebay

Old 09-05-2008, 04:04 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,071,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I read the story just fine, but lets recap what you stated..

So your the one finding that this was a "lie".. good work shirlock, but she didnt lie.. The plane was considered nice enough for the Governor to buy to use, and while it transported a few prisoners, it was bought for the Governor to use to be "comfortable" (per the outgoing Governor) while traveling.
Dude look at what you posted! Are you obsessed with me? I am not the person you quoted. READDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD the name of the person you are responding to! This is freaky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections