Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2008, 08:35 AM
NWS NWS started this thread

720 posts, read 1,645,808 times

Advertisements

In an interview with Alaska Business Monthly shortly after she took office in 2007, Palin was asked about the upcoming surge. She said she hadn't thought about it. "I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq," she said. "I heard on the news about the new deployments, and while I support our president, Condoleezza Rice and the administration, I want to know that we have an exit plan in place; I want assurances that we are doing all we can to keep our troops safe."

Gov. Palin and Iraq - War Room - Salon.com

It's hard to imagine a person who is running for VP of the USA to not having an opinion on the Iraqi surge. Thats all MCCain talks about. For Palin to say she hasn't focused much on the Iraqi war is beyond belief.
At least she wants an exit plan. Wonder what John thinks of that since he thinks we might stay in Iraq for the next 100 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 08:46 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
I know that she said a few weeks ago that she didn't have a clue as to what the vice president does. I hope she has been informed that much of the vice president's time is spent attending funerals and other similar events around the world as a representative of the president. Not quite sure how a hockey mom of 5...including a 4 month old with Down's Syndrome....will like that much time on the road. Of course that could be just my old fashion "grandma" instinct talking. Also, if I had a choice between living in Alaska or living in D.C. I'd take Alaska in a heartbeat. Love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections