Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 06:33 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,211,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Thank god you are in the minority now

Mccain was UP by 2 points this morning, in the middle of Obama's party.
They showed a shot of the "white house" Obama will stroll out of on Thursday night, good grief, he still does not get it!
This election is not about Americian Idol, it is about who can lead, if you think he can lead, great.
Good luck.
Hillary Clinton would have made a great president. Obama??
He is showing his stuff and it STINKS!!!
MCCAIN '08!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 07:02 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
They showed a shot of the "white house" Obama will stroll out of on Thursday night, good grief, he still does not get it!
This election is not about Americian Idol, it is about who can lead, if you think he can lead, great.
Good luck.
MCCAIN '08!!
WOW!
Senator Clinton -
I want you to ask yourselves: Were you in this campaign just for me? Or were you in it for that young Marine and others like him? Were you in it for that mom struggling with cancer while raising her kids? Were you in it for that boy and his mom surviving on the minimum wage? Were you in it for all the people in this country who feel invisible?

"Now, John McCain is my colleague and my friend.
He has served our country with honor and courage.
But we don't need four more years ... of the last eight years.
More economic stagnation ... and less affordable health care.
More high gas prices ... and less alternative energy.
More jobs getting shipped overseas ... and fewer jobs created here.
More skyrocketing debt ... home foreclosures ... and mounting bills that are crushing our middle class families.
More war ... less diplomacy.
More of a government where the privileged come first ... and everyone else comes last.
John McCain says the economy is fundamentally sound. John McCain doesn't think that 47 million people without health insurance is a crisis. John McCain wants to privatize Social Security. And in 2008, he still thinks it's OK when women don't earn equal pay for equal work.
With an agenda like that, it makes sense that George Bush and John McCain will be together next week in the Twin Cities. Because these days they're awfully hard to tell apart."

C'mon tell us....Operation chaos is pretty much ended. Senator McCain was your first choice. The Republicans are slick but Senator Clinton just called you guys out....

Old 08-27-2008, 07:03 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,094,659 times
With all due respect georgia dem, I have yet to read any post of yours that actually explains your support of McCain that is not wrapped in your bitterness over Hillary not being the Democratic nominee. If you support McCain because you believe his policies are better for the US than Obama's (which are very similar to Hillary's and are obviously policies she supports otherwise she would not have given such a fabulous speech), then perhaps you ought to reconsider your party affiliation as McCain's policies and social views do not in any way mirror what the Democratic party traditionally espouse.

Please explain why you support McCain, is it because you believe in his social and economic policies? If so, how did you come to those conclusions while claiming Democratic affiliation?

In the past, when you've been asked such questions, you've generally responded that it is your vote to do what you chose with, and that is absolutely the case, as that is the case with everyone, but my question is very simple. Why McCain, do you actually believe in him? or is this a vote out of spite?

Old 08-27-2008, 07:08 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,585,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Good luck.
MCCAIN '08!!
wow. you are gullable to believe those catch phrases about Obama not being ready to lead

Old 08-27-2008, 07:08 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
I'm hearing and reading more and more that Hill's speech was good for Hill, not so much for Obama.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:19 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,585,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'm hearing and reading more and more that Hill's speech was good for Hill, not so much for Obama.
LOL on the FOX News. doesnt surprise me at all.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:53 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,938,415 times
Quote:
LOL on the FOX News. doesnt surprise me at all.
How about the Washington Post?

Many Clinton Supporters Say Speech Didn't Heal Divisions

Or this?

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/20080...vention-speech

Old 08-27-2008, 08:21 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
I thought Sen. Clinton gave a great speech. I appreciated her references to Sen. Obama, her tributes to her supporters, the positive reference to the Clinton presidency and the reminders of why she was running in the first place. She had a very fine line to walk and I think she balanced the needs of the party with her own needs for recognition very well. Those same opinionators in the MSM who are chiding her for not retracting some of her early campaign statements would be beating her up today for being a 'suck-up' had she done so. I've often felt that many of her past decisions were made for the sake of 'going along, getting along'. I was very happy to see her NOT playing that game this time.

I also liked the speeches by the Mass. and Montana govs. Mr. Warner, not so much. He seemed really flat considering it was the 'keynote' speech.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:25 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,211,794 times
Quote:
wow. you are gullable to believe those catch phrases about Obama not being ready to lead

it is not the catch phrases that show Obama is not ready to lead, it is Obama showing that loud and clear.
He is not ready to lead, but he is ready to lose.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:29 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,637,812 times
So, what does the "dem' in georgia dem stand for?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections