Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 03:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Obama's Iraq Problem: Change That Works For Him

Ohh, ohhh, it's good. More to come I'm sure, since Obama has provided PLENTY of juicy, delicious fodder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 05:20 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,616,320 times
I told you he eats Pancakes at Waffle House.

Are you seeing the Obamakins on this board saying he hasnt changed his mind?

Even the weirdo founder of Code Pink who is a huge ( or was ) Nobama supporter said on national television last night that he has moved to the center and is changing his mind about troop withdrawl. And this has her ticked off so much she said if he doesnt move back to his PROMISE as a candidate before he was nominated she will see that her group looks at Nader or the green party candidate.

So, if she sees his flipping why cant these people?

I know, they are in denial that their boy wonder has JUST TOSSED THEM UNDER THE BUS and said got cha to them all and they dont know what to do. Or they are hoping he flips over again to what he promised them on the troop withdrawl.

Also, Obama said he wouldnt go to Iraq, then when McCain made him look like a punk he said he would go, now he is saying he will go and talk to the commanders on the ground and get their information so he can make a better decision. That is NOT what he has said before.

I hope they nail this phony on ads all day long, they have the video to prive he lied 3 times in one day, I hope they use it.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:29 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,772,368 times
That is the stupidist ad I ever saw. Most people don't give a crap about "the surge". Most of us want OUT of there and even more of us think we never should have BEEN THERE to begin with.
And if Obama is smart he will answer with his own ad about all of McCain's flip flops- including his marriage flip flops!

Old 07-08-2008, 05:33 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,097,111 times
I would just like to mention something which appears lost on both of you and many others (and when I'm most idealistic, myself as well)

Do you recall when Maverick John McCain transformed his renegade style and bent over to the Conservative Right two years ago? He essentially became more involved in religion as it pertains to every day lives, going as far as to say that Creationism belonged in science class? Why? Because the Conservative Right is a powerful part of the party and many braindead voters want a Republican with 'Conservative Christian values'

Question: Was there anything wrong with this for you personally? This was a larger flip-flop than even the famed John Kerry could have ever imagined. Do you hate John for it?

Going along the same logic, do you believe 'Nobama' is reminding us that he is a politician? Welcome to America, people! I mean, is this the first election you have participated in as a viewer? Should you be this naive? The Republican nomination race, if it had one, would have been essentially been, "Who's more Conservative" and all the candidates would have lopped off each others heads trying to show they were more cutthroat conservative. (You saw a bit with Huckabee and Paul, but not the show the Democrats gave) --- The Democratic nomination was "Who can be more liberal?!" -- just like EVERY OTHER ELECTION in your lifetimes. Now as the Presidential debates get under way, both candidates will swing slightly toward the middle to pick up as many MODERATES as they can JUST LIKE EVRY OTHER ELECTION in your lifetimes.

This is called American politik. I'm wondering if either of you, regardless of who you vote for, were each born yesterday? Your beef isn't with McCain, it isn't with Obama, it's with American politics. Jesus Christ. And unless you start speaking about how each candidate flip flopped and how you feel about it, then you're just a sad, sad political guppie playing partisan politics because you know no better.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:36 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,227,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
That is the stupidist ad I ever saw. Most people don't give a crap about "the surge". Most of us want OUT of there and even more of us think we never should have BEEN THERE to begin with.
And if Obama is smart he will answer with his own ad about all of McCain's flip flops- including his marriage flip flops!
It is the type of ad I expect to see more of as this campaign heats up. I think it is pretty effective in being aimed at voters who haven't decided who to support yet.

Within the context of other ads concerning his positions, it can be helpful to McCain.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:36 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
I would just like to mention something which appears lost on both of you and many others (and when I'm most idealistic, myself as well)

Do you recall when Maverick John McCain transformed his renegade style and bent over to the Conservative Right two years ago? He essentially became more involved in religion as it pertains to every day lives, going as far as to say that Creationism belonged in science class? Why? Because the Conservative Right is a powerful part of the party and many braindead voters want a Republican with 'Conservative Christian values'

Question: Was there anything wrong with this for you personally? This was a larger flip-flop than even the famed John Kerry could have ever imagined. Do you hate John for it?

Going along the same logic, do you believe 'Nobama' is reminding us that he is a politician? Welcome to America, people! I mean, is this the first election you have participated in as a viewer? Should you be this naive? The Republican nomination, if it had one, would have been essentially, "Who's more Conservative" and all the candidates would have lopped off each others heads trying to show they were more cutthroat conservative. (You saw a bit with Huckabee and Paul, but not the show the Democrats gave) --- The Democratic nomination was "Who can be more liberal?!" -- just like EVERY OTHER ELECTION in your lifetimes. Now as the Presidential debates get under way, both candidates will swing slightly toward the middle to pick up as many MODERATES as they can.

This is called American politik. I'm wondering if either of you, regardless of who you vote for, were each born yesterday? Your beef isn't with McCain, it isn't with Obama, it's with American politics. Jesus Christ.

Very true - and pretty darned funny too.

Worth a point.

Ken

Old 07-08-2008, 05:39 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,703,584 times
Great video.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
I'm wondering if either of you, regardless of who you vote for, were each born yesterday? Your beef isn't with McCain, it isn't with Obama, it's with American politics. Jesus Christ.
I have no problem with politics, the more partisan the better. Keeps the government from intruding in my life.

You fail to account for the image and carefully crafted package that Obama has wrapped himself in. The new kind of politician, the politics of change, someone that is not an insider, not politics as usual.

He is none of that - that's the point as his contrived facade continues to erode.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:29 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I have no problem with politics, the more partisan the better. Keeps the government from intruding in my life.

You fail to account for the image and carefully crafted package that Obama has wrapped himself in. The new kind of politician, the politics of change, someone that is not an insider, not politics as usual.

He is none of that - that's the point as his contrived facade continues to erode.
Well if he sees the surge not meeting it's intended purpose or "not working" because it hasn't met it's goals, that's a change from the current Administration isn't it? Or perhaps Senator McCain can convince us to stay in Iraq now that the Iraqi Government wants us out - I suppose that's change too.

"According to DOD, MNF-I and the U.S. embassy recently assessed the security line of operation and determined that the goals for the phase ending in summer 2008 have been met. We disagree with DOD’s statement that the security goals for this phase have been met. For example, The New Way Forward stated that the Iraqi government would take responsibility for security in all 18 provinces by November 2007, but only 8 of 18 provinces had transitioned to Iraqi control at that time. As of June 18, 2008, only 9 of 18 provinces had transitioned."

Old 07-08-2008, 06:59 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,227,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Well if he sees the surge not meeting it's intended purpose or "not working" because it hasn't met it's goals, that's a change from the current Administration isn't it? Or perhaps Senator McCain can convince us to stay in Iraq now that the Iraqi Government wants us out - I suppose that's change too.

Nice try, but stating specifically that he will have the troops out in 16 months and his current position are very different. Also, his statement about leaving residual support in Iraq to assist with the establishment of the new gov't is similar to McCain's comments about the long term committment.

When it comes to Iraq now McCain's position moving forward is very similar to Obama's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections