Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who lies and flip-flops the most, Obama or McCain?
McCain 21 38.89%
Obama 33 61.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 02:03 AM

365 posts, read 527,432 times

Advertisements

Who lies and flip-flops the most, Obama or McCain?

Please be honest. Do your home work first: check all the available resources you have in your access such as the news, web, tapes, youtubes, radio, newspapers, magazines, neighbors, friends, e-mail buddies and so on, etc.

You will be amazed at all the lying and flip-flopping that you will find. If you do a research or survey, I betcha you will get actual proof. This will put an end to who?what?

I researched several tapes and I found McCain flip-flopping and lying more than I could count; especially in "McCain's youtube problem just became a nightmare." I was not able to keep up in my counts because he had flip-flopped and lied so much.

I did a telephone and e-mail survey of 43 people, and all but 2 said it is McCain that flip-flops and lies the most. I also noticed McCain's responses during interviews and debates; Have you ever noticed how he looks and sounds when he's answering a question?

During my research, I found McCain flip-flopped and lied 95% over Obama, please noticed that I said "during my research". If this was a lying and flip-flop election contest - McCain would win 98 to 2.

Don't you want to vote for someone you can trust?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 05:40 AM
mga

230 posts, read 398,923 times
get real.

i can email and call several of my friends and ask them that question and get the opposite results.

these "polls" in this forum are the biggest joke i have ever seen. what they should do is make it a rule that all "polls" be submitted to the forum staff first for approval before being allowed to be posted.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:40 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,725,199 times
Obama flip flops the most.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:46 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,468,412 times
McCain has been doing nothing but flip flopping since he began to run for president. No longer the maverick he's now the party line man, flip flopping on such things as the Bush tax cuts, gay marriage, Roe V Wade, the list goes on and on.. He's also now lowered himself to kissing the butts of evangelic leaders he once referred to as "agents of intolerance."

Old 07-08-2008, 07:18 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,030,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
McCain has been doing nothing but flip flopping since he began to run for president. No longer the maverick he's now the party line man, flip flopping on such things as the Bush tax cuts, gay marriage, Roe V Wade, the list goes on and on.. He's also now lowered himself to kissing the butts of evangelic leaders he once referred to as "agents of intolerance."

You say this Obama has flip flopped and moved WAY RIGHT on issues like gun control and the Iraq was people. What happened to all his supporters crying about the tax rebate check? Now he wants to send more right away. Thats right Obama the answer to all problems is more money!

Old 07-08-2008, 07:28 AM

351 posts, read 339,756 times
Obama has been in the senate for 143 days and has flip-flop on all major issues. McCain has served 20 yrs. in the senate and lets all be honest as we age and mature do we not see things from a different perspective. I know I have changed my views on issues from my 20's and now in my 30's. 143 days is not enough time to have a major change in stance either you know your position or you don't.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:32 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,821,584 times
Obama's been more... umm... flexible with his positions, but regardless, any combo of his positions are better than McCain's steadfast support of bad policies.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:42 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,725,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
Obama's been more... umm... flexible with his positions, but regardless, any combo of his positions are better than McCain's steadfast support of bad policies.
Its called "flip flop" when McCain does it.....
.....Its called being "more flexible" when Obama does it....

oh brother, lets get real. They have both flip flopped.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:34 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,693,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post

I think the euphemistic term being used now to describe Obama's numerous flip flops is "malleable".

Old 07-08-2008, 09:36 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,895,382 times
mealy mouthed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections