Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 01:25 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times

Advertisements

Proof that he is a revolutionary and not to be trusted as President of the United States. He led a documented insurrection and threw out the legitimate leader of the organization.

The great Barack Obama insurrection / Hillary was ready. Hillary was unstoppable. Hillary was, by all accounts, a lock. What the hell happened?

It almost cannot be understated: Barack Obama's steady, astounding, almost inexplicable rise to the top to not only become the presumptive Democratic nominee but also to overtake one of the strongest, smartest, most well-funded, tenacious rival candidates in American history — and also to out-poll his deeply connected Republican opponent — is both remarkable and historic on a number of fronts.

But the thing is, no matter how you crunch the data and try to logically analyze all the components that made Obamapalooza happen, there appears to be something just beyond the logic, just outside the normal machinery, that makes you shake your head in amazement, and perhaps remember this forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 01:38 PM

857 posts, read 2,002,220 times
Agree!!! I've felt this way for so long! I definitely thing that he should be not be elected president because so many people like him! I mean - it's obvous that he is a hateful racist cult leader!! No-sir-ee, when I see that many people really liking a candidate - i know to run the other way. Just like sean hannity told me.

Barack Hussein Obama lacks truthiness.

No Obambobastica in 08!!!
Time for a revoluition!!!!

I drink my own pee!!!!

Old 05-30-2008, 01:40 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
I drink my own pee!!!![/b][/color]
omg - where did you get that line from??? R&F?

Old 05-30-2008, 01:48 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Proof that he is a revolutionary and not to be trusted as President of the United States. He led a documented insurrection and threw out the legitimate leader of the organization.
On a serious note: Thanks for posting a great article. We're in a historic moment, that's for sure.

On a not-so-serious note: I'm tellin' ya, Obama controls America's fleas. That's how he pulled it off!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...-has-more.html

Old 05-30-2008, 01:57 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
Probably Geraldine Ferraro's recent heated statement is appropos right about now.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:55 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post

The great Barack Obama insurrection / Hillary was ready. Hillary was unstoppable. Hillary was, by all accounts, a lock. What the hell happened?

It almost cannot be understated: Barack Obama's steady, astounding, almost inexplicable rise to the top to not only become the presumptive Democratic nominee but also to overtake one of the strongest, smartest, most well-funded, tenacious rival candidates in American history — and also to out-poll his deeply connected Republican opponent — is both remarkable and historic on a number of fronts.

But the thing is, no matter how you crunch the data and try to logically analyze all the components that made Obamapalooza happen, there appears to be something just beyond the logic, just outside the normal machinery, that makes you shake your head in amazement, and perhaps remember this forever.
Did you know "Barack Obama" has the EXACT SAME number of letters as "A Antichrist"?????

Im just sayin'

Old 05-30-2008, 02:58 PM

580 posts, read 1,680,903 times
I support Hillary Clinton

I hope Hillary Clinton gets the nomination, reguardless of his good speeches. Hillary Clinton is ready to be president,

Woot Hillary

Old 05-30-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Agree!!! I've felt this way for so long! I definitely thing that he should be not be elected president because so many people like him! I mean - it's obvous that he is a hateful racist cult leader!! No-sir-ee, when I see that many people really liking a candidate - i know to run the other way. Just like sean hannity told me.

Barack Hussein Obama lacks truthiness.

No Obambobastica in 08!!!
Time for a revoluition!!!!

I drink my own pee!!!!
You are a brave patriot to bring up an important point, one of the many that the LMM doesnt want us to know, to wit: If everyone but us likes Obama, and everyone but us is no dang good, then it stands to reason that the lot of them are NDG and must be defended against - for everyone's own good.

Kudos for coming out about your pee!

Old 05-30-2008, 03:49 PM

Default "To arms, girls!" "Yeah! Let's commission a study!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Probably Geraldine Ferraro's recent heated statement is appropos right about now.
I just read her RHS. Heated is right. Insulated, isolated, obnoxious arrogant hysterical demanding bee-in-her-bonnet sore loser also apply IMO.

I cant say what it is about her statement that makes me nuts. But it really does. It encapsulates what's become of the tattered remains of the old women's movement. This old sixties (to me) over-academicized way of addressing a question - commission a study. "And THEN we'll just see what's what!"

I found it very funny that the Shorenstein Center representative had to point out that there already is a study being done, that other similar requests have been made, and that they had to tell her that Shorenstein pays for the studies it runs, thanks anyway. Her request was "informal and not highly specific." Haha, I bet. "Jim? This is Geraldine Ferraro! I want something DONE!"

UPDATE. Here is the Shorenstein Center's study. Geraldine may be pleased by the result!
If campaigns for president are in part a battle for control of the master narrative about character, Democrat Barack Obama has not enjoyed a better ride in the press than rival Hillary Clinton, according to a new study of primary coverage by the Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism and the Joan Shorenstein Center on Press, Politics and Public Policy at Harvard University.
Character and the Primaries of 2008 | Project for Excellence in Journalism (PEJ)

Last edited by delusianne; 05-30-2008 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: update

Old 05-30-2008, 05:02 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
That is the problem that comes with claiming sexism in this case. The victor is a man considered Black with a muslim sounding name and a very liberal political history. Talk about a candidate for bias. She would be much better off losing to a White man then her claims of what ever would be much more plausible. Just look at the header in this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections