Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 05:30 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,693,726 times

Advertisements

Of course she is. She's as bitter as grandma's tea.

Just a few months ago, she was unbeatable, according to all the experts. She had all the limelight, she had by far the biggest campaign warchest, her lead in the polls was astonishing, and she was basking in the inevitability of her upcoming presidency. All the pieces were in place. All she had to do was wait out the clock. Her challengers were just a collection of semi-celebrity wannabes who couldn't mount a serious threat to her coronation.

Then, it all slipped away. Her campaign foolishly squandered their funds. Her strategists arrogantly dismissed the challenge, believing their own hype. Of course she's bitter. This was her presidency to lose. And that's exactly what she did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 05:41 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,536,888 times
I like how several posters refer to a certain group of people as "white trash". That's really mature, it says alot about you!

Old 05-09-2008, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
I like how several posters refer to a certain group of people as "white trash". That's really mature, it says alot about you!
Yeah! Us white trash have tender sensibilities.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:52 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,536,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yeah! Us white trash have tender sensibilities.
Don't know about you, but I am not white trash. I am higher educated guarenteed than the posters who use that term!

Old 05-09-2008, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Don't know about you, but I am not white trash. I am higher educated guarenteed than the posters who use that term!

Good fer you.

Me? I'm just a gun-totin' workin' class fool. But I sure ain't partial to hearin' about it.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:32 AM

439 posts, read 607,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKGrisgby View Post
What I don't understand is why people are harping so much on the African-American vote. Had Hillary secured the youth vote, the black vote would've been nullified altogether. And now we're supposed to support her instead of Obama because Obama can't secure the white trash vote? Give me a break.
That's a little harsh don't you think? Why can't us Barack Supporter start acting the way Barack acts when responding to the Hillary Spin. I think he will get the majority of her supporters but its time to cool it and have a little respect for all white, black, Hispanic,all races, young, old, rich, poor, male and female voters. Time to come together and look towards the future. Don't you think.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:45 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,053,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
Why can't us Barack Supporter start acting the way Barack acts when responding to the Hillary Spin. I think he will get the majority of her supporters but its time to cool it and have a little respect for all white, black, Hispanic,all races, young, old, rich, poor, male and female voters.
I agree, although I think it has always been the right time to show respect for all the members of the party.

If Barak's respectful, and yes--elitist--good manners inspire Americans in general to act more civilized, that would be an added benefit to the Obama years. I cringe at the thought of a generation taught to behave like the Clintons. Hillary needs to show respect for herself. I would like to see her finish the primary season. But she should conduct the rest of her campaign with dignity and good sportsmanship.

Instead, this desparate last stand reminds me of Tonya Harding. I respected her until now but geez.... stooping to playing the race card like that is pathetic. What's next, claiming you broke the laces on your ice skates? I believe in respecting candidates... but it's hard to respect someone who acts this way. It's sad to watch someone who was once a hero to me embarrass herself like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
Time to come together and look towards the future. Don't you think.
Well... no, I don't think so. Not quite yet. The time to come together and look towards the future can't really start until we have only one candidate.

Last edited by normie; 05-09-2008 at 07:18 AM..

Old 05-09-2008, 07:49 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,302,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKGrisgby View Post
What I don't understand is why people are harping so much on the African-American vote. Had Hillary secured the youth vote, the black vote would've been nullified altogether. And now we're supposed to support her instead of Obama because Obama can't secure the white trash vote? Give me a break.
Hmmmm So if you are white and don't vote for Obama that makes you white trash? Why can't it mean that you simply don't agree with Obama's stand on what you find important? Or maybe you just don't agree with the Obama agenda? Me I am still undecided because all of the choices are bad. In my 27 years of voting this is the most disappointing election ever. None of the candidates seem at all apealing to me.
That said. Is Hillary bitter? She was a bitter mean spirited woman long before this election began. Her compassion is about as genuine as crockodile tears.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:37 AM

607 posts, read 925,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Of course she is. She's as bitter as grandma's tea.

Just a few months ago, she was unbeatable, according to all the experts. She had all the limelight, she had by far the biggest campaign warchest, her lead in the polls was astonishing, and she was basking in the inevitability of her upcoming presidency. All the pieces were in place. All she had to do was wait out the clock. Her challengers were just a collection of semi-celebrity wannabes who couldn't mount a serious threat to her coronation.

Then, it all slipped away. Her campaign foolishly squandered their funds. Her strategists arrogantly dismissed the challenge, believing their own hype. Of course she's bitter. This was her presidency to lose. And that's exactly what she did.
+rep, I totally agree. Texans always seem to get it right.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow1 View Post
+rep, I totally agree. Texans always seem to get it right.
Never say always.

Remember, G W Bush is from Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections