Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:33 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Sorry Jojo... good try but turns out some Obamanation doctored a documentary and he will be identified and prosecuted so if any others out there were thinking of doing the same I would reconsider unless you want to do time or loss your home to pay for the lawyer you will need to bail you out.
I hope your right, I'd love to see folks who doctor these videos go through the severe personal expense of defending themselves.

Ben Smith's Blog - Politico.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 09:44 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Quote:
Sorry Jojo... good try but turns out some Obamanation doctored a documentary and he will be identified and prosecuted so if any others out there were thinking of doing the same I would reconsider unless you want to do time or loss your home to pay for the lawyer you will need to bail you out.
Wow. This is fast becoming big news....

"The audio in both versions isn't clearly audible; it's possible that the subtitles are incorrect, but that the audio hasn't been deliberately altered.
UPDATE: I spoke to the editor of the video who said that he enhanced, but didn't alter, the audio in the second portion of the video."

By Ben Smith 12:12 PM

Old 05-02-2008, 10:45 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Wow. This is fast becoming big news....

"The audio in both versions isn't clearly audible; it's possible that the subtitles are incorrect, but that the audio hasn't been deliberately altered.
UPDATE: I spoke to the editor of the video who said that he enhanced, but didn't alter, the audio in the second portion of the video."

By Ben Smith 12:12 PM
I would say that it is already "old news"... nobody cares about some idiots doctoring videos. Hope they get in trouble for their prank.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:25 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,481 times
Quote:
I would say that it is already "old news"... nobody cares about some idiots doctoring videos. Hope they get in trouble for their prank.
Just posting information which I think is important and then people can come up with their own conclusion. I think this is a big "cover job" and I am stating my opinion regardless what CNN, MSNBC, Politico, and so on have to say about this story.

Here is what several people had to say that heard the video. HMMMM.... lets see... It was the Director, who happens to be friends with Bill, who said the video was doctored, therefore, I should believe whatever he says to be the truth. Yah, right!

I have the DVD, have seen this clip numerous times - There's no way it was doctored. He foolishly said what he said, knowing that he was being filmed.

Posted By: James | May 02, 2008 at 12:34 PM

Ben, if you were intellectually honest the two videos have the same exact audio. The background whispered comment about "white n*" is obviously in both videos. The only editing is that it's louder in the subtitled clip. I find it hilarious that context suddenly matters, where was the obsession with context over Reverend Wright?

Posted By: Korusus | May 02, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Ben, I listened to the original audio on the link you provided. Turn your speakers up if you can't hear it. It's clear as day what he says. I can't believe, really, that you'd call that audio "inconclusive." Maybe you had your speakers on a really low volume or something. Now the director is probably trying to spare the Clinton campaign the trouble, I dunno, but it's pretty evident what Kantor said.

Posted By: John D | May 02, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Old 05-03-2008, 06:35 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Quote:

Wishful thinking?

Old 05-03-2008, 09:59 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
They pulled this YouTube video, but at least you can read the story. There has been a lot of proof that it was not altered so we will have to wait and see. I just thinks it's the powerful Clintons that got it pulled. This would come at a bad time for her don't you think?

News: Did longtime Clinton friend call Indianans white ******s? (http://essence.typepad.com/news/2008/05/did-longtime-cl.html - broken link)
I am sure the video was pulled to avoid a lawsuit. This kind of stuff can lead to big $$$ with the right lawyer. I am surprised people are so naive when they post lies.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:14 AM

439 posts, read 605,800 times
Quote:
I think it is funny that all of a sudden u are blaming this on Obama People. Maybe it was McCain's people. Where's your prove

Old 05-03-2008, 12:27 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I am sure the video was pulled to avoid a lawsuit. This kind of stuff can lead to big $$$ with the right lawyer. I am surprised people are so naive when they post lies.
AND you know for certain it's a lie. There has been NO PROOF this has been a lie except for the Director of the video who is connected to the Clintons, who has said it was doctored. No, I am not naive, just smart enough to know if there is a Clinton name connection attached to a story, the lid gets put on these stories so tight that the public has no chance to make their own judgement. Just like the lid they put on the video tape of Hillary saying "screw um Bill referring to the blue collar workers. I suppose that was doctored too. PLEASE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections