Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2008, 05:10 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,273,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Rep. Capps endorses Obama
By BEN SMITH | 4/30/08 12:29 PM EST

A California congresswoman with long ties to both Clintons will announce her endorsement of Barack Obama today, a campaign source said.

Rep. Lois Capps, who represents a district on California’s central coast, is the third member of Congress to announce an endorsement of Senator Obama Wednesday, the day after he responded sharply to one of the deepest crises of his campaign, a confrontational and, he said, “appalling” set of remarks by his former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright. The campaign is using the flurry of endorsements to shore up political support and demonstrate the frontrunner’s continuing strength.

“Barack Obama is the better choice because of something larger and perhaps more important. Simply put, he has made a call to the better angels of our nature. He is challenging us to lift ourselves out of the ugliness that increasingly consumes Washington, where the heat of your argument counts for more than the light it should bring,” Capps said in a statement. “He is asking us to stand together as Americans and transcend the traditional lines that have so often divided us by party affiliation, economic status, gender, or race.”

In her statement, Capps praised Clinton, but also suggested she’d been pushed to Obama by negative aspects of the campaign.
Rep. Capps endorses Obama - Ben Smith - Politico.com

Bye Bye Hillary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Indianapolis, IN — Indiana Congressman Baron Hill endorsed Barack Obama for President today, citing his strength of character and ability to change the tone of Washington:

"Some have advised me to be cautious, to wait and see which way the electoral winds may blow. I confess that I have listened to those voices and been tempted by their reasoning. But, the stakes are just too high. We cannot continue to pursue the same politics of personal destruction we have engaged in for a generation, some never-ending “groundhog day” endlessly playing out the cultural wars of forty years ago.

If we are going to develop real solutions for Hoosier families, for America’s families, we have to move past the partisan gridlock. I believe both Senator Clinton and Senator Obama want to do that and I believe both are formidable candidates. But, I also believe that only one of them truly can.

I am proud of Senator Obama’s call for change in Washington – change I have been advocating since I first sought public office. I am truly hopeful that his campaign and election will help unify our nation and ultimately change our politics. I am pleased that Senator Obama clearly and unequivocally denounced Reverend Wright’s remarks. Hoosiers don’t feel that way about our country, I don’t feel that way about our country and Senator Obama made it abundantly clear that he doesn’t feel that way either.
His comments regarding statements made by Reverend Wright showed me another aspect of Senator Obama’s leadership – a strength of character and commitment to our nation that transcends the personal. One of the tests of a true leader is his ability and willingness to come to a new conclusion based on new events. Senator Obama did just that yesterday.
Barack Obama : : Change We Can Believe In | Sam Graham-Felsen's Blog: Indiana Congressman Baron Hill Endorses Barack Obama for President

Old 05-01-2008, 06:46 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,592,338 times
The super delegates are finally uniting behind Obama because they realize this lingering contest is hurting the democrats.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
The super delegates are finally uniting behind Obama because they realize this lingering contest is hurting the democrats.
How sweet it is to see the party elders boot Hillary from the Party

Lincoln was NOT popular and he was UGLY, but he had right on his side, even when the rightwing lunatics shot him, Abe was the shining beacon

Old 05-01-2008, 09:18 AM

so why cant a decent woman like this run for President??

Apart from the fact that she would get eaten alive LOL

Old 05-01-2008, 09:30 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,592,338 times
notice that the super delegates are coming out in support for Obama after Rev Wright's latest speeches. The people and the super delegates are tired of it and want to move on beyond Rev Wright.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:08 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,468,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
notice that the super delegates are coming out in support for Obama after Rev Wright's latest speeches. The people and the super delegates are tired of it and want to move on beyond Rev Wright.
I have definitely noticed and I think Obama did the best thing by cutting Rev. Wright off. Maybe that is what the Super Delegates were waiting for, in order for more to come forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections