Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:18 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,814,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
And, again, an Obama supporter forgets that his/her candidate needs our votes in November. And, again, Obama supporters are a big part of the reason Hillary supporters would rather vote for McCain than Obama. We are tired of the elitist, holier than thou attitudes from both the candidate and the supporters and we don't want to put up with it for 4 years. At least we know what we are getting with McCain. Obama is too new and we don't know what he'll do with all that power. I fear it'll be change all right and not good change.
Hillary is just unloading herself more unnecessary work. She's pledged to do whatever it takes to get a democrat elected in Nov. When time comes around, she'll be running all over the country telling folks like you why you need to vote democratic, and how deeply she supports Obama. In the end, you gonna have a choice: four more yrs of republican rule or something different (change)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 02:20 PM

600 posts, read 1,085,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Hillary is just unloading herself more unnecessary work. She's pledged to do whatever it takes to get a democrat elected in Nov. When time comes around, she'll be running all over the country telling folks like you why you need to vote democratic, and how deeply she supports Obama. In the end, you gonna have a choice: four more yrs of republican rule or something different (change)
Ill take 4 more years or rep. running over 4 years of dems taking away our rights in order to "protect" us...

And this only perpetuates the stereotype that all republicans are horrible baby eating demons... Just because McCain is, doesnt mean the rest of us are. lol.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:24 PM

8,011 posts, read 9,222,442 times
Quote:
Actually it will 4 years of the executive branch checking the Legislative branch if McCain wins. I think the Dems are expected to continue to control Congress.

With the way parties get crazy when they have uncontested power, maybe its better to vote defensively and force them to work together or just have gridlock. Gridlock might be safest for your wallet, though.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslyke View Post
Ill take 4 more years or rep. running over 4 years of dems taking away our rights in order to "protect" us...

And this only perpetuates the stereotype that all republicans are horrible baby eating demons... Just because McCain is, doesnt mean the rest of us are. lol.
The choice is yours....certainly feel free to express it at the poles, however, i believe this country has had enough of the Republican rule. ENOUGH

Old 04-23-2008, 02:25 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,877,210 times
Quote:
That is what Obama supporters do not understand. For people who are supposed to be educated and enlightened, many of you don't seem to grasp simple statements. If Obama is the nominee, I won't vote for him. Most Hillary supporters do not buy into his empty promises of change with no real substance. He has many of the same responses to issues that Hillary does but he doesn't explain how he's going to implement any of them. I don't want to hear someone spout on and on about change, tell me how you are going to make a change. Words don't mean a thing to me and that's all Obama is to me. Unless he gets a strong VP that I feel good about, I won't consider wasting my vote on him. And a lot of people feel that way. It hasn't worked for him and all his supporters to be yelling at me to vote for him and it won't work if Hillary says it either.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:33 PM

600 posts, read 1,085,940 times
Quote:
Republican rule.
BAM, right there, thats why america seems to be swerving off the road our fathers carved for us. RULE? This isnt a dictatorship... This is why im voting ron paul, Im not going to vote for someone who thinks winning means they own america for 4 years.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:48 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,636,447 times
Quote:
That is what Obama supporters do not understand. For people who are supposed to be educated and enlightened, many of you don't seem to grasp simple statements. If Obama is the nominee, I won't vote for him. Most Hillary supporters do not buy into his empty promises of change with no real substance. He has many of the same responses to issues that Hillary does but he doesn't explain how he's going to implement any of them. I don't want to hear someone spout on and on about change, tell me how you are going to make a change. Words don't mean a thing to me and that's all Obama is to me. Unless he gets a strong VP that I feel good about, I won't consider wasting my vote on him. And a lot of people feel that way. It hasn't worked for him and all his supporters to be yelling at me to vote for him and it won't work if Hillary says it either.
Interesting...

As an Independent, who considers himself educated, I hear this quite often, and this time I'm gonna take slight offense and ask you point blank - Have you read Obama's plan? Any of it.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
You are contradicting yourself.....you spent 15 months supporting a supposedly president-in-waiting but when things go wrong for her you won't even want to listen what she GONNA BE BEGGING YOU TO DO ! My question to you is when Hillary drops out and tells you that Only one candidate can change the way we play our politics in Washington, and that candidate is not McCain - Would you agree with her or not? If not i suggest then you stop contributing to her campaign, stop supporting her at this moment and jump on to whomever you think you most suitable with BECAUSE......that's exactly what is gonna happen a couple weeks from now

Old 04-24-2008, 07:11 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,877,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Interesting...

As an Independent, who considers himself educated, I hear this quite often, and this time I'm gonna take slight offense and ask you point blank - Have you read Obama's plan? Any of it.
Yes I have. I don't feel he is strong enough as a person to have the balls to actually fight to implement the plans. And it's going to take a fighter. Obama is a yes man. He says whatever he can to make people feel good but doesn't have the substance to back it up. His voting record is proof that half the time he can't even make decisions on how to vote so how in the world is he supposed to implement his grand plans? Hillary is tough and that's what we need. Someone who will fight to make the change. Not someone who spouts flowery words.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:14 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,046,835 times
Quote:
maybe its better to vote defensively and force them to work together or just have gridlock. Gridlock might be safest for your wallet, though.
Gridlock in government is a good thing. Less likely to have Uncle Sam in your wallets and your lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections