Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:54 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,123,118 times

Advertisements

What an insult to Americans -- not just Pennsylvanians-- who live in small towns. Obama has stereotyped us as being BITTER and holding on to our guns and Bibles. Originally he didn't explain our bittterness but in his most recent CYA speech he says we are "bitter" about the economy and the war. That's cop out!

What about the statement that we are holding on to our guns and religion? YES we hold these things dear. Does Obama expect us to let them go? Give up our freedom of religion? Give up our second ammendment rights?

It is time for middle America, the Heartland, to say NO to Barack Obama.

He is clearly a candidate who has no perspective of and no respect for small town America. He is a "big City" Lawyer and "big City" Politician. He knows nothing about living in rural or small town America.

Show him and his arrogant supporters that we are REALLY BITTER by joining in the support for Hillary Clinton.

Hillary's numbers are on an upswing in PA since Obama insulted rural voters.

GO HILLARY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 08:01 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,811,856 times
Default Federal Gov't has no concern for rural America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
What an insult to Americans -- not just Pennsylvanians-- who live in small towns. Obama has stereotyped us as being BITTER and holding on to our guns and Bibles. Originally he didn't explain our bittterness but in his most recent CYA speech he says we are "bitter" about the economy and the war. That's cop out!

What about the statement that we are holding on to our guns and religion? YES we hold these things dear. Does Obama expect us to let them go? Give up our freedom of religion? Give up our second ammendment rights?

He is clearly a candidate who has no perspective of and no respect for small town America. He is a "big City" Lawyer and "big City" Politician. He knows nothing about living in rural or small town America.

Show him and his arrogant supporters that we are REALLY BITTER by joining in the support for Hillary Clinton.

GO HILLARY

If you feel insulted then don't vote for him but the truth is there are plenty of people in those rural areas who live the "redneck" lifestyle - and perhaps are bitter over the economical situations in those parts of the country.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:11 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,200,226 times
What are the issues that Middle America thinks about most, guns? Bibles? What is the small town perception of the world around them? What do people in small towns think about? From my experiences I've noticed that small towns are not very interested in anything which happens outside of their region, that the main concerns are guns, bibles, TV, and local sports, mostly high school. The real world is much larger and more complex than the simplistic opinions heard in small towns. Small town America woulkd like to see time stop in 1955, forever.
The surprise is that the small town mentality doesn't insult itself.
Small towns are the anti-progressive element of American society.
It's about time that a candidate has said it like it is.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:14 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,441,701 times
Quote:

GO HILLARY
As far as I know, no polls have been released from Pa. since the "bitter" comments came to light. Perhaps you could provide a link to back up your claim.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:18 AM

These comments show the arrogance of Obama supporters.

Obama has insulted middle America, small town America, rural America, the heartland of America.

He has stereotyped us as being bitter, holding on to our guns and bibles.

It's an insult!

Let me give you another frame of reference to open your Obama blinded eyes.

It's like saying all Obama supporters eat fried chicken and watermellon.

It's stereotyping!

It's wrong!

OBAMA IS WRONG FOR MIDDLE AMERICA
WRONG FOR SMALL TOWN AMERICA
WRONG FOR THE HEARTLAND

Old 04-14-2008, 08:21 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,441,701 times
Quote:
These comments show the arrogance of Obama supporters.

Obama has insulted middle America, small town America, rural America, the heartland of America.

He has stereotyped us as being bitter, holding on to our guns and bibles.

It's an insult!

Let me give you another frame of reference to open your Obama blinded eyes.

It's like saying all Obama supporters eat fried chicken and watermellon.

It's stereotyping!

It's wrong!

OBAMA IS WRONG FOR MIDDLE AMERICA
WRONG FOR SMALL TOWN AMERICA
WRONG FOR THE HEARTLAND
Still waiting for that link, to back up your claim that
"Hillary's numbers are on an upswing in PA since Obama insulted rural voters"

Old 04-14-2008, 08:21 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,811,856 times
The truth is rural America is not gonna vote for Obama in the primaries - but they gonna have to vote for him in the GE cause the Rendells, Nutters, Murthas are gonna be all up in their face advocating the democratic platform and why they need to support it. However, the fact is that the Federal Gov't doesn't give a damn about rural America.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:24 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,994,056 times
Quote:
I believe they will in november, if he is the dem nominee - in droves.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:25 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,194,965 times
Isnt this exactly what everyone is saying?

This is from the Chicago Tribune' s Washington Bureau blog:

The Swamp: Obama: Addressing bitterness

"I said, well look, they're frustrated and for good reason because for the last 25 years, they've seen jobs shipped overseas, they've seen their economies collapse, they have lost their jobs, they've lost their pensions, they've lost their health care and for 25, 30 years, Democrats and Republicans have come before them and said we're going to make your community better. We're going to make it right. And nothing ever happens. Well, of course they're bitter. Of course they're frustrated. You would be, too. In fact, many of you are, because the same thing has happened here in Indiana….the same thing has happened all across the country. Nobody is looking out for you. Nobody is thinking about you. So people end up, they don't vote on economic issues because they don't expect anybody is going to help them. So people end up voting, you know, on issues like guns…they vote on issues like gay marriage. You know, they take refuge in their faith, and their community and their families and the things they can count on. But they don't believe they can count on Washington….Here's what's rich: Sen. Clinton says, 'Well, I don't think people are bitter in Pennsylvania. You know, I think Barack is being condescending.' John McCain says, 'Oh, how can he say that? How can he say people are bitter? He obviously is out of touch with people.' Out of touch? Out of touch? I mean, John McCain, it took him three tries to finally figure out that the home foreclosure crisis was a problem and to come up with a plan for it, and he's saying I'm out of touch? Sen. Clinton voted for a credit card-sponsored bankruptcy bill that made it harder for people to get out of debt, after taking money from the financial services companies and she says I'm out of touch? No, I'm in touch. I know exactly what's going on. I know what’s going on in Pennsylvania, I know what's going on in Indiana, I know what's going on in Illinois. People are fed up, they're angry, frustrated and they're bitter and they want to see a change in Washington and that's why I'm running for president."

Old 04-14-2008, 08:35 AM

Obama has stereotyped all of middle America, small town America as being "bitter" and holding on to our "guns and Bibles".

Obama is insinuating that ALL people who live in small towns are REDNECKS

It's obvious that he doesn't understand small town America.

He has insulted EVERY AMERICAN CITIZEN who lives in a village, town or city of less than 100,000 people.

OBAMA IS WRONG FOR AMERICA!

JUST SAY NO TO OBAMA'S INTOLERANCE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections