Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Obama when he says he sat in the pew for 23 years and never heard/read about any hate
Yes, I believe Obama 100%. He never heard/read about any hate for 23 years and didn't know about Wright and Farrakahan. 11 14.29%
No, The guy is a LIAR. Come on!! 23 years and you are THAT blind to all the hate??!? 59 76.62%
I don't know / not sure. 7 9.09%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:41 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times

Advertisements

I don't believe him any more than hillary when she says she misspoke about her visit to Iraq and the gun fire.Anyone surpised that politicans lie?

Old 04-02-2008, 11:02 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,736,835 times
Default Too much fun

I considered responding to some of the postings on this thread. But then thought better of it. I'm having too much fun watching the Obama annd Clinton people go at it. Keep it up!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:04 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,891,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
I considered responding to some of the postings on this thread. But then thought better of it. I'm having too much fun watching the Obama annd Clinton people go at it. Keep it up!
I always thought the Democrats were the ones who were above this type of thing. Guess not.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:13 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,528,652 times
Quote:
As a white person I also understand where Rev. Wright is coming from, and that is the Bible. Even Jesus was full of condemnation when people or groups of people were doing wrong. The U.S. has not been a nation of peace, and it still isn't. If you listen to all of Rev. Wright's sermon you will see that he brought up one sin after another that the U.S. committed, beginning with destroying the Indians when we first came to America, and the U.S. continues this to this day. I lived in the south, and the condition of the blacks is not much better than it was years ago, and there are a whole lot of KKK members in the south, more than most would imagine. While I am not a believer in the Bible I do understand Rev. Wright's message and accept where he is coming from, just as I do Rev. Hagee for his remarks about the gays, and I believe in gay rights.

Obama said that he heard things, but he may not have heard those clips, but it doesn't matter, because I find no wrong in Rev. Wright's comments as they are Bible. The wrong I find is in the Bible itself, but I am not going to put someone down for their beliefs, and much of what Wright has to say is the truth about the U.S.
Great post. I totally agree with you. Wright's critics who claim to be Christians need to reread their Bibles. Wright apparently is more in line with Biblical thinking than these so-called Christian critics of his. Wright's condemnation of slavery, oppression, imperialism, racial supremacy can definitely be justified using the Bible. Wright is an authentic Christian who takes his mission to heart. If it so happens that his preachings offend the perpetrators, so be it. Jesus Christ was not known to mince words when condemning sin either. The Christian gospel has always been anti-establishment.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:20 AM

440 posts, read 329,785 times
Word. Those of you who ARE NOT RACIST are not running scared of the truth about the long, ugly racist history of America. Those who always considered themselves racially superior fear the biblical theology of "the first becoming last".

[sarcasm]God forbid that racial equality become a reality in America. [/end sarcasm]

Old 04-02-2008, 11:40 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,318,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Word. Those of you who ARE NOT RACIST are not running scared of the truth about the long, ugly racist history of America. Those who always considered themselves racially superior fear the biblical theology of "the first becoming last".

[sarcasm]God forbid that racial equality become a reality in America. [/end sarcasm]
Go to the appropriate Religion thread please, we are not interested in your religious views. God forbid we have to listen to the constant whinning about race relations. I care about work, roof over head, food on table, transportation, etc. I care about who can help America the best and it ain't Obama the Sham.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:53 AM

1,330 posts, read 5,097,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post

Yes, God forbid that happen!
God forbid there be a day when some select black leaders can no longer rely on fear, apathy and hate to raise themselves up (get mansions built for them) to make devoted sheep out of their patrons.
God forbid there be a day when some politicians no longer have a leg to stand on in advocating affirmitive action - which is a tool to make blacks UNEQUAL instead of EQUAL in this country, a cheap cop-out rather than fixing the roots of the issues themselves.
God forbid there be a day when the Wrights of this world point to successful black people in this country and teach their youth self empowerment rather than self pity!
God forbid the day when young black men and women who sing/preach about anti-intellectualism, jail, drugs etc.. are no longer making money off their message because their listeners no longer believe their B.S.

What would happen to the Wrights and Hagees of this world if people started using their own brains rather than having their views dished out to them on a weekly basis??

Old 04-02-2008, 12:25 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,318,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
God forbid there be a day when some select black leaders can no longer rely on fear, apathy and hate to raise themselves up (get mansions built for them) to make devoted sheep out of their patrons.
God forbid there be a day when some politicians no longer have a leg to stand on in advocating affirmitive action - which is a tool to make blacks UNEQUAL instead of EQUAL in this country, a cheap cop-out rather than fixing the roots of the issues themselves.
God forbid there be a day when the Wrights of this world point to successful black people in this country and teach their youth self empowerment rather than self pity!
God forbid the day when young black men and women who sing/preach about anti-intellectualism, jail, drugs etc.. are no longer making money off their message because their listeners no longer believe their B.S.

What would happen to the Wrights and Hagees of this world if people started using their own brains rather than having their views dished out to them on a weekly basis??
You hit the nail on the head Winnie... people need to start using their own brains rather than buying into the Wrights and Hagees of the world. Amen!

Old 04-02-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Go to the appropriate Religion thread please, we are not interested in your religious views. God forbid we have to listen to the constant whinning about race relations. I care about work, roof over head, food on table, transportation, etc. I care about who can help America the best and it ain't Obama the Sham.
Is there a white separatist thread on here? If not you should create one that way you'll have a thread to post your black paranoia, instead of pretending you aren't the one constantly whining about race and Obama not claiming his "white side". We all care about our jobs and the economy so your point is? Oh wait . . . other than the possibility of losing what you deem as your racial superiority status and fears of the playing field against minorities being leveled, you don't have one.

You keep bringing up what you deem as racist hatred being spewed not by OBAMA but by the minister of his church. What's really important to you is that a black man does not run America. Be honest with yourself and stop trying to pretend I'm racially or religiously obsessed. The truth will set you free.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post

Quote:
US develops lethal new viruses
Quote:

Mark Buller, University of St Louis (broken link)
Ian Ramshaw's group, Australian National UniversityA scientist funded by the US government has deliberately created an extremely deadly form of mousepox, a relative of the smallpox virus, through genetic engineering.
The new virus kills all mice even if they have been given antiviral drugs as well as a vaccine that would normally protect them.
The work has not stopped there. The cowpox virus, which infects a range of animals including humans, has been genetically altered in a similar way.
The new virus, which is about to be tested on animals, should be lethal only to mice, Mark Buller of the University of St Louis told New Scientist. He says his work is necessary to explore what bioterrorists might do.
But the research brings closer the prospect of pox viruses that cause only mild infections in humans being turned into diseases lethal even to people who have been vaccinated.
Quote:
U.S. GOV'T CREATED THE AIDS VIRUS"
WORLD NEWS EXCLUSIVE (broken link)
Kate McClare

SAN DIEGO -- The U.S. government created the deadly AIDS virus as a way of wiping out blacks and other minorities around the world, says a researcher who's fought for 10 years to bring his eye-opening charge to light.
Boyd E. Graves, a lawyer and graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, says he has "irrefutable evidence of the United States' secret plan to cull world populations by unleashing a stealth biological microorganism."
Graves insists the AIDS virus was developed in an ultrasecret government project called the Special Virus Program.
"We believe HIV is the product of intent. We believe AIDS is the product of design," he said in a telephone interview last month from New York City, before addressing the Black African Holocaust Conference.
According to a report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, African-Americans account for 38 percent of all AIDS cases in this country -- yet they represent only 12 percent of the population. And the disease has attacked millions of people in Africa, which has suffered from the pandemic more than anywhere else in the world.
AIDS is one of the most important weapons in the government arsenal of biological terrorism, declares Graves. He has filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in San Diego demanding an open review of the facts he's uncovered, including the two most shocking elements:

- A Special Virus Flow Chart that details the government's "coordinated research program to develop a cancer virus that depletes the immune system."
- A photograph of a manmade virus that's virtually identical to the AIDS virus.
Yet this photograph was shot in 1971 -- 14 years before the known AIDS virus was discovered.
Graves also has documents from government and scientific leaders, which reveal sinister intentions on the part of scientists and government leaders.
A 1948 memo from a top State Department official, for instance, urges colleagues to "get on with the task of dealing with the burgeoning populations of the Third World."
For those who think the U.S. government would never do such a terrible thing to any of its people, Graves offers as evidence the horrendous revelations about the Tuskeegee Project.
In that infamous program, which began in 1932, government researchers secretly infected black men with syphilis so they could study the disease -- even after a cure had been found.
"Between 1964 and 1978, the secret federal virus program spent $550 million of taxpayer money to invent AIDS," Graves writes on his Web site, www.boydgraves.com
"It is now necessary to spend whatever it takes to dismantle an invention that has led to the greatest crime against humanity in the history of the world," he declares.
Again, what part of what Rev. Wright preached/spoke about can any of you deny? You may not like how he said it but it doesn't negate that what he said about America, its hatred and its sins against people of color and humanity on a global scale for CENTURIES as being true or are you still one of those walking around with a blind fold and earplugs in denial who thinks that 911 occurred simply because rest of the world "hates our freedoms"? Has it ever occurred to those who think like you that other people are sick of the US lying, stealing, cheating, enslaving, murdering and bullying the world? Even a dog gets tired of being mistreated. America is not perfect, nor is it guilt free of its share of deliberate atrocities. Acknowledging the truth will set you free too.

Last edited by Preaching2thechoir; 04-02-2008 at 12:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections