Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:10 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,584,774 times

Advertisements

looks like Hillary is trying to deceive voters again with her lies. This tim she is saying that Obama is trying to supress the votes by calling for the elections to be halted. Obama has said nothing of the sort and in fact said "Clinton can stay in the race as long as she wants. "She is a fierce and formidable competitor, and she obviously believes that she would make the best nominee and the best president" Once again dirty deceptive politics reminds me of why I will not be supporting Hillary.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ressing-votes/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 10:14 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,810,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
looks like Hillary is trying to deceive voters again with her lies. This tim she is saying that Obama is trying to supress the votes by calling for the elections to be halted. Obama has said nothing of the sort and in fact said "Clinton can stay in the race as long as she wants. "She is a fierce and formidable competitor, and she obviously believes that she would make the best nominee and the best president" Once again dirty deceptive politics reminds me of why I will not be supporting Hillary.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Clinton accuses Obama of suppressing votes « - Blogs from CNN.com
A crazy person/woman only appeals to crazy person(s)/women

Old 04-01-2008, 10:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,151,352 times
Not again!!.. My only question is, when will people stop caring... It only took how many years before people stop being concerned with the fact that her husbands a lier.. When do we stop being concerned with her lies?

Old 04-01-2008, 10:56 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,345,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
A crazy person/woman only appeals to crazy person(s)/women
True.

But why do so many of them continue to plague this forum -- no, this country -- with their hatred and thirst for vengeance against everyone else?

It's depressing.

It has become clear that Obama is the candidate of hope, and Hillary is the candidate of hate.

If the Democrats nominate Hillary, the nation will eat its young.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:50 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,211,169 times
Yeah, the article I posted also addressed this issue several times. Hillary was all for keeping Michigan and Florida's delegates from being seated when she was projected to win the nomination handily. Now that she's losing though, she claims that they are being disenfranchised. But as the article pointed out, McCain is the Republican nominee but are all of the Republicans who vote in upcoming primaries disenfranchised? No. She's the champion of the people when it suits her. But it has to be on her terms and she wants to pick which people she wants to be the champion for.

I guess people also forget what Bill Clinton was like. He could hold a grudge like nobodies business. For instance, I guess he was upset that San Francisco and the rest of California didn't support him enough, so when budget cuts came around, what did he cut first? The military base in San Francisco. I don't know if he was just an idiot about foreign policy or being vindictive on purpose, but that base was definitely necessary. Not only did that put people out of work and force military families to move, but now there are only a few scattered bases up and down the west coast, most notably the one in San Diego, to protect us from any threat from the west. Two of the scariest nations right now are China and North Korea. I personally want to be protected from attacks from those countries. That's what Bill Clinton did. Oh, I mean, in addition to signing the Defense of Marriage Act and the Don't Ask, Don't Tell Policy, both of which disenfranchise gay voters. So Hillary needs to think twice when she talks about disenfranchising people.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:04 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,493,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
True.

But why do so many of them continue to plague this forum -- no, this country -- with their hatred and thirst for vengeance against everyone else?

It's depressing.

It has become clear that Obama is the candidate of hope, and Hillary is the candidate of hate.

Man I love "the young!" With a tartar sauce and slightly dry Pinot Noir! Ya dont even need a knife. Falls right off the bone when cooked correctly! GEESH!!

Old 04-01-2008, 12:32 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,810,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
True.

It's depressing.

Believe it or not, some people here are not only from rural areas hooked up on dial-ups, but are also delusional, un-informed, and simply idiotic. I wouldn't be surprised if they make up 98% of the 28% of pres. Bush approval ratings. Idiots.

Last edited by Luke29; 04-01-2008 at 01:15 PM..

Old 04-01-2008, 12:54 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,345,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
Man I love "the young!" With a tartar sauce and slightly dry Pinot Noir! Ya dont even need a knife. Falls right off the bone when cooked correctly! GEESH!!
Uh, bartender? Cancel the finger foods.

And no more wine for Lt. Dan.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:11 PM

580 posts, read 1,681,693 times
Well I heard both sides of the story but nothing dramatic to switch who I'm leaning towards more. Eventhough I'm a undecided voter I'am leaning towards Hillary Clinton. Although I think it was a big mistake for her to misspeak on that. Although from what I understand, she wasnt the first candidate to do so... so it doesnt surprise much.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:12 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,830,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Believe it or not, some people here are not only from rural areas hooked up dial-ups, but are also delusional, un-informed, and simply idiotic. I wouldn't be surprised if they make up 98% of the 28% of pres. Bush approval ratings. Idiots.
? But they are able to follow a topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections