Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:14 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,182,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think they think that richardson weighted his options and thought he might get a VP bid from Obama.I am also sure they think he has not been much of a friend and is a opportunist. Afterall his presidiental bid went no where.I think Obama hoped this would get his friend Wright off the front page and he would have to stop answering questions about him. I think that clintons have one advantage over Obama. Much of what comes out about them is old news;verything that comes out about Obama is new news.The polls show hillary is gaining in popularity on Obama and that is what they want to do until the convention.
Ha! This is what I think too. I notice Hillary released her First Lady records during this whole thing. Smart move because they died before they hit the media. Meanwhile her poll numbers continue upwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 11:18 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,182,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnherrera305 View Post
No!!!! We can't have a BLACK president and a HISPANIC VP!
What is this world coming too!!!!!!!!!!!!
But, you know what is wierd? With that last name "Richardson," I don't think a lot of Hispanics see him as one of them. It would help his political career if he had a more Hispanic name.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:11 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,639,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
But, you know what is wierd? With that last name "Richardson," I don't think a lot of Hispanics see him as one of them. It would help his political career if he had a more Hispanic name.
I highly doubt that...his name is his name, his credentials and his work for the community stands out. I'm sure hispanics know his background.

This sounds like the hubub over Obama'smiddle name

Old 03-22-2008, 12:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,747,673 times
Richardson isn't an ingrate, he's just astute. Hillary is way behind Obama, she has no chance of winning. Even the racist assault on Obama isn't going to get Hillary her win.

Richardson has withheld his support but now it's obvious that Hillary is too far behind in this race, and if anything Richardson is trying to end the divisive politics by supporting the winning candidate -- as he should.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:34 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,450,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Opportunist, ingrate, back stabber... that pretty much sums it up. Maybe he drank some of Obama's Kool-Aid. Pretty smart strategy... seduce Richardson with a plum position in the White House in order to get his endorsement so he can exploit the Latino vote.
Where is the big Latino vote in the remaining primary states? Wouldn't it have helped Obama a whole lot more if Richardson would have endorsed him before the Texas primary?

Quote:
Talk about "bag of dirty tricks" and isn't the timing just right.
Yes. The Richardson endorsement will be a big help in the Pennsylvania primary in four weeks.

Quote:
Looks like McCain may win this one afterall. If Obama is democratic candidate the McCain camp will bring out all of Obama's dirty laundry.
The Clinton camp has been searching for dirt on Obama for months. The worst they could find was, "Obama's former preacher said some nasty things seven years ago."

Quote:
You have John McCain the War Hero, POW, patriot and then you have Obama and his radical pastor, his "typical white person" comment and all the other unpatriotic baggage. McCain's supporters prefer Obama because they know they can beat him but they fear Hillary. I doubt seriously that Obama can "pull a rabbit out of this hat"... it will be interesting to watch. Not counting Hillary out yet because alot can happen in a very short time. Hillary will be singing "Can't Touch That" again.
You're certainly free to vote for another four years of Bush policy if that makes your bitterness easier to swallow.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:37 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,753,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flindras View Post
Their silence speaks volumes.
Silence speaks volumes because it means nothing.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:38 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,450,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

Living among lots of Hispanics here in Texas, I can assure you that all politically aware Latinos know very well that Richardson is Hispanic. And by most measures, his political career has been very successful, so far.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:47 AM

Richardson is cozying up to Obama for a VP nod. Hillary won't choose him, so he's hitching his wagon to Obama.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:57 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,131,962 times
I seriously doubt that Richardson endorsed Obama for a Vice President slot. He is his own man, and wanted the bigger role. And if he wanted this position, his relationship with the Clinton's was stronger and more personal.

Furthermore, it is unlikely the Democratic machine would support this particular union and would probably seek a different balance in the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Richardson is cozying up to Obama for a VP nod. Hillary won't choose him, so he's hitching his wagon to Obama.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:22 AM

It would be a dream ticket for the Obama faithful. Richardson has the international experience and Obama is the O-man.

Trust me, he wants to be VP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections