Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Barrack Obama resign?
Should he resign from his run for the Presidency? 46 46.94%
Should he continue to run for the Presidency? 52 53.06%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:12 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,872,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
Perhaps he won't be a front runner now that he blamed "all the white folk" for not understanding the Pastor. Unbelievable! He stood there bold as brass and the audacity of his hope to become President proceeded to blame others for the Pastor's unforgivable curses against America. Calling God's wrath on America? You have to be kidding. I am almost 80 years old and have never heard such language and hatred in all my years of following government and loving American History. Shame on Obama, bold and brazen refusing to call his pastor wrong, wrong, wrong. Will he do the same in the White House" Make excuses for his administration when they do the same? No, No Pastor No obama. Pennsylvania voters, you have time to help us, to help America. Please no Obama. What a stir they made last week when Gerry Ferraro made a truth known. Obama made it this far because is of color. Perhaps that was debatable, but her apology was demanded and her resignation from Hillary's campaign accepted. This pastor is not only Obama's "friend: and like an "uncle" but he is an advisor on Obama's campaign committee. Why hasn't Obama removed him from that position. Just what we need. Oprahfor Secretary to the UN and the Pastor in charge of White House Protocols.
I do believe you could be my best friend after reading this! This is exactly what I thought when I read this speech everyone is saying is so awe inspiring. He blamed white people for not being able to put ourselves in his place. The double standard is amazing to me as to what is acceptable to say when you are black vs. white. (Wright vs. Ferraro)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 09:16 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Yes exactly we are talking about Obama and his spiritual leader who not only said racial things but said things about all Americansthat were way out of line!!!

Obama will never in his life be able to run for an important political office. Thanks to him self and his friends.
Only time will tell but I'd be willing to bet that Obama gets the Democratic candidate spot.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:17 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,195,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I do believe you could be my best friend after reading this! This is exactly what I thought when I read this speech everyone is saying is so awe inspiring. He blamed white people for not being able to put ourselves in his place. The double standard is amazing to me as to what is acceptable to say when you are black vs. white. (Wright vs. Ferraro)

News outlets as diverse as the Chicago Tribune, the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal all applauded Obama's speech. But you, of course, know better.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:18 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,042,932 times
Quote:
Does this sound antagonistic to you?
"Most working- and middle-class white Americans don't feel that they have been particularly privileged by their race."
"As far as they're concerned, no one's handed them anything . . . So when they are told to bus their children to a school across town; when they hear that an African American is getting an advantage in landing a good job or a spot in a good college because of an injustice that they themselves never committed . . . resentment builds over time."

Old 03-19-2008, 09:19 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,799,596 times
Quote:
You have to be kidding. I am almost 80 years old and have never heard such language and hatred in all my years of following government and loving American History.
"Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history." –Pat Robertson

"I would warn Orlando that you're right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you, This is not a message of hate -- this is a message of redemption. But a condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation. It'll bring about terrorist bombs; it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes, and possibly a meteor." –Pat Robertson, on "gay days" at Disneyworld

“AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals†Jerry Falwell quote

If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

The ACLU's got to take a lot of blame for this.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, blaming civil libertarians for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, to which Rev Pat Robertson again agreed, quoted from AANEWS #958 by American Atheists (September 14, 2001)

I sincerely believe that the collective efforts of many secularists during the past generation, resulting in the expulsion from our schools and from the public square, has left us vulnerable.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, after the 700 Club broadcast wherein he had blamed civil libertarians, feminists, homosexuals, and abortion rights supporters for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, speaking to The New York Times, quoted from Dick Meyer, "Holy Smoke," CBS News (September 15, 2001)

AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.
-- Jerry Falwell

Quote:
This pastor is not only Obama's "friend: and like an "uncle" but he is an advisor on Obama's campaign committee. Why hasn't Obama removed him from that position.
He did.
Controversial minister off Obama's campaign - CNN.com

16,225 posts, read 27,451,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
No let him and Billery continue to fight it out, they are on the verge of destroying the democratic party ... don't stop them now.
I was thinking along those lines myself - at this point, I think they're working for McCain's election campaign by default.

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
You actually have a point. Ferraro simply stated that as a matter of fact, Obama would not be receiving the huge support that he's receiving from the minority community.

Wright made outright racial and anti american statements, and its Ferraro getting criticized and being pushed under a bus?

Old 03-19-2008, 09:21 AM

775 posts, read 579,576 times
Quote:
Flindras: Did you just accuse us of blaming Obama for racism? Isn't that he did? Here we are with Black american sportstars dominating the major leagues, black americans in government, professions, medical, education, research in greater and greater numbers. Now between the special ratios that helped them acheive their honored places in society, ones I might add, they deserve and have done well at, the illegals demand their special status. So, just look at us as the minority, the ones who have helped McCain Hillary and Obama get to where they are. We are moved back further in line. And now that we ask Obama to shed himself of the Pastor, show us that if he became President, he won't be doing what we saw so much of these past years, friends defending friends defending their contributors etc. Obama missed a chance to show us that no one, but no one, will be given special treatment. He flunked.
No. You read it completely wrong. You're preaching to the choir here. But yes, there are Uncle Toms.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:21 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,872,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
News outlets as diverse as the Chicago Tribune, the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal all applauded Obama's speech. But you, of course, know better.
I didn't say I know better but I have an opinion and didn't find it so awe inspiring to hear that I'm at fault for not understanding that his preacher and spiritual advisor is a low class, racist, anti-American.

And on CBS Early Show this morning, they had an analyst on there saying it wasn't that great. The main thing I caught was about how he didn't look into the camera but kept looking at the teleprompters which make it look like he wasn't being honest. I can't post links or anything b/c this is the only thing I can get to at work. But not all media is under his spell. I said yesterday the speech was good but I don't buy it. My choice. I don't need anyone to tell me anything about it. I make up my own mind.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:23 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,760,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnherrera305 View Post
This is a democracy.
No, it's not. But that's beside the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections