Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:10 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
Well, I watched him on FOX News ~ interviewed by Major Garrett. He didn't convince me that he was the least bit sorry for his association with the slimy pastor. He acted like it was an inconvenience for him to even have to defend the Reverend.....
Yes, I watched this too and noticed his insincereity. He does have the AUDACITY to believe that he can pull the wool over the American people! I wonder what his true agenda would be if he were President. I want someone that will be focused on the tough issues and not use his powerful position to further his personal agenda. His agenda might well be motivated by his deep seated hatred for white people. Remember when his wife said that it was the first time she was proud to be an American... makes you wonder and if it doesn't then you need to go back to school for some lessons in the school of real life instead of walking around with your head in the clouds dreaming about change... that dream might turn out to be your worst nightmare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 09:31 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,999,520 times
I didn't hear all of the reverend's comments, but the ones I heard didn't really sound that much worse than your average Public Enemy record from back in the '80s. I like Public Enemy even though some of their politics and views were stupid, so I guess I can understand how Obama could like (or have liked) the Reverend even though some of his politics and views are apparently very stupid. But he should certainly disassociate himself from the pastor as much as possible.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:32 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
Yes, guilt by association. If he hangs around a certain type, well you know the saying. Birds of a feather flock together.
Wrong. That would be like saying every Catholic is guilty of pedophilia just because some priests abused boys.

What's going on here is that Obama has mightily upset the Clintons. They mean to destroy him now and they're going after Obama and all his supporters with all the dirt they can.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Rev. Wright is now retired, this is Obama's new pastor:

YouTube - Fact Check: Reverend Otis Moss Rebuts Email Lies
He does not retire until March 31 per Obama LLama. And what difference does that make anyway? He listened to this guy for 20 years and said he never heard him say anything like this before... now if you believe that I still have some ocean front property in Arizona I would like to sell you. I guess he is banking on our last several mistakes... GWB & GWB... if they were dumb enough to vote for that guy then this ought to be a cake walk. Oprah likes to say "If someone throws a pebble listen"... translated... if something just doesn't seem right, don't walk but RUN! Also appropriate... "If it seems too good to be true then it probably is." Oprah I think I just heard a boulder drop... what do you advise? Run Cookie... fast as you can! I was even going to vote for this guy if Hillary didn't make it but you can forget it now Obama Llama because you are nothing but a racist in my book.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:42 PM

144 posts, read 335,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
Ya know, I'm someone who hasn't stepped foot in a church for about 6-7 years give or take, I just can't bring myself to care about what some Pastor I've never heard of says. Why should I? Religion has never been a central theme(in fact it barely plays a role) in Obama's campaign

Also if Obama did agree with what Wright preached, by all means please give me an example from his public life where his actions did demonstrate that he believed what is being spouted by Wright. So far I have seen no form of evidence given, well other than the usual BS and all that comes with it...
The evidence in his public life is that he belongs to a church that spews hatred. He donates money to an organization that preaches America brought aids into society to kill blacks, not God Bless America but GD America. To be associated so closely with this man and this so called Church is the so called BS.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:44 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukePH View Post
The evidence in his public life is that he belongs to a church that spews hatred. He donates money to an organization that preaches America brought aids into society to kill blacks, not God Bless America but GD America. To be associated so closely with this man and this so called Church is the so called BS.
You Clinton supporters will do absolutely anything. It's all out war now isn't it? And you're going to try to destroy Obama and everyone with him.

The Clinton-Carville scorched earth -- if Hillary can't have it, you will burn it all to the ground and have McCain in the White House.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:45 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,898,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Wrong. That would be like saying every Catholic is guilty of pedophilia just because some priests abused boys.

What's going on here is that Obama has mightily upset the Clintons. They mean to destroy him now and they're going after Obama and all his supporters with all the dirt they can.
The fact that he gets a little too involved in idol worship is enough for me. Your point about the Catholics is just pointing out how idol worship is ruining the fabric of who we are as humans.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:49 PM

144 posts, read 335,940 times
Quote:
You Clinton supporters will do absolutely anything. It's all out war now isn't it? And you're going to try to destroy Obama and everyone with him.

The Clinton-Carville scorched earth -- if Hillary can't have it, you will burn it all to the ground and have McCain in the White House.

No Clinton supporter here...Die hard Conservative, but I will go on the record and say the best candidate of the three is Hillary. That really hurt.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:57 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
fopt65;3143735]Why wouldn't the Democratic party have researched their candidate a little better? Did they think that this wouldn't be noticed?
Fair question

Quote:
Also, with all of the reporters at CNN, and MSNBC, why did it take Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity, et al to uncover this information?
Too many so called "reporters" gave up their job of reporting when their Obamagasms started.

Quote:
I thought I heard that these tapes were being sold by the church itself. You would think that an investigative political reporter would have done a very basic examination of a candidate for the highest position in the free world
Realistically, who's going to sort through 20 years of sermons of just one person?

Old 03-14-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:

Of course... blame Hillary or better yet "The Clintons" for what Obama's pastor said. After listening and watching Obama tonight I am totally convinced that he is the wrong candidate and to even toy with the idea of Presidency now is "crazy talk". Obama just destroyed himself and the monstrous Hillary had nothing to do with it... of course CNN will probably put their personal spin on it so Obama comes out smelling like roses. Let's have a president who does not have such negative issues like hate and resentment for the white race to deal with... let's have someone that knows the hell what she is doing and can get it done right... the Clinton's can fix the economy and many other things. I think John Edwards would be the better alternative to vice president now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections