Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:21 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,217,287 times

Advertisements

The report of Obama's pastor and mentors' racist comments is a good example
of how CNN
delivers the news about Obama and Hillary Clinton.
The other day when all was up in arms about Ferraro's comment,that was taken out of context, the media went wild.
CNN had all of their panels out to dissect every word.
But last night on Anderson 360, he was apologetic that they "would have to air"
this.Cooper even went so far to say "it might have come fro the Clinton camp", but it came from Fox News, and sadly, Copper had to be told this.
Poor Obama, he is so mistreated and really he can not possibly be held into account
for this. Let's forget the fact that Obama has attended this church and the Rev Wright
rants for 20 years.
That Rev Wright is Obama's moral compass!
I for one am sick of the way CNN and "the worst political team" show bias repeatedly.
No wonder they love Obama, they expect us to listen to them and don't ask questions.
They are just alike!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 08:31 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,562,947 times
The media giveth and the media taketh away.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:32 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,444,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
The report of Obama's pastor and mentors' racist comments is a good example
of how CNN
delivers the news about Obama and Hillary Clinton.
The other day when all was up in arms about Ferraro's comment,that was taken out of context, the media went wild.
CNN had all of their panels out to dissect every word.
But last night on Anderson 360, he was apologetic that they "would have to air"
this.Cooper even went so far to say "it might have come fro the Clinton camp", but it came from Fox News, and sadly, Copper had to be told this.
Poor Obama, he is so mistreated and really he can not possibly be held into account
for this. Let's forget the fact that Obama has attended this church and the Rev Wright
rants for 20 years.
That Rev Wright is Obama's moral compass!
I for one am sick of the way CNN and "the worst political team" show bias repeatedly.
No wonder they love Obama, they expect us to listen to them and don't ask questions.
They are just alike!
You're jumping to a few conclusions. First off, in my opinion, CNN has been decidedly pro Clinton. Secondly, Rev Wright has been retired since February. Thirdly, if you don't like CNN or MSNBC, may I suggest Faux News, seemingly they would be much more in keeping with your political persuasion.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:11 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,253,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
You're jumping to a few conclusions. First off, in my opinion, CNN has been decidedly pro Clinton. Secondly, Rev Wright has been retired since February. Thirdly, if you don't like CNN or MSNBC, may I suggest Faux News, seemingly they would be much more in keeping with your political persuasion.
Well, I have largely been supportive of the news reporting, and tend to defend the large news organizations. However, I would have to state that CNN doesn't seem very objective in their reporting of the Democratic primary to me. I agree with those who state they have shown a significant slant towards Obama.

That is a really big concession on my part, I am have been VERY hesitant to question large media objectivity (except Fox).

But to me, this is now pretty obvious.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:29 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,272,914 times
Maybe they too realise what a flake and fake HillBilly is

Old 03-14-2008, 12:37 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,217,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post

it does not matter when Rev. Wright retired, that does not change his
bigotry and the fact that he is Obama's "spiritual advisor"

Old 03-14-2008, 02:04 PM

580 posts, read 1,682,870 times
My oppinion, the media shows favor toward Obama... and doesnt mind jumping on Hillary Clinton case as they would with Barack Obama. Although I assume they have the right to express their feelings.... I think late this week they havent been showing that much of favor towards who... maybe one of them read my post.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:08 PM

756 posts, read 2,002,227 times
They are both fake obama and clinton that is, but yet people seem to want to believe that these 2 people can save the world when in the end neither one of them has done anything to qualify to be the president. I do not think saying a good speech means someone is ready to be the president at the same time just because your husband was the president does not mean you can be on also!!!

Old 03-14-2008, 02:12 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,807,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Michigan View Post
My oppinion, the media shows favor toward Obama... and doesnt mind jumping on Hillary Clinton case as they would with Barack Obama. Although I assume they have the right to express their feelings.... I think late this week they havent been showing that much of favor towards who... maybe one of them read my post.
The media bias, to me, is clearly toward conflict and continuing the race. When Obama was down, they pumped him up a bit. When Hillary fell behind, the put a little more heat on Obama. They are getting great ratings from this, both in debates and their silly various talk shows. They also fuel the fire on all these non-issues like a comment by so-and-so and a loose connection between people, etc.

It's about ratings and continued coverage as much as it is about favoring one person over another. The trend will no doubt continue into the general election. I think the media is a big reason why the last few elections have been so close - they are usually helping the underdog and feel obligated to treat the candidates with kid gloves so they can get invited to the big dinners and get the big interviews.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:32 AM

20,363 posts, read 19,975,593 times
Yeah. What little I saw, Anderson Cooper really pussed around the issue. Almost sounded sad, or apologetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections