Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 01:49 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,470,909 times

Advertisements

Don't vote for Hillary, Obama or McCain until you are CERTAIN what their position on FORCED drugging and vaccinations is. It doesn't look good. All three of their websites are GLARINGLY ABSENT on this issue which is state law in McCains state of Arizona. It is state law in Maryland too. Parents can be jailed if kids aren't vaccinated and the vaccines are sometimes loaded with Mercury and are far from proven to be safe!

Ron Paul is at least AGAINST it:
The Psycho State

Ron Paul 2008 › Issues › Health Freedom

More on mandatory vaccinations and drugging:

CODEX Action Alert

Forced Drugging and Vaccination of Children

Video: Compulsory Psychiatric Medication in the US (video clip)

Old 02-27-2008, 02:04 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,116,857 times
Nice to see this issue brought up. I have concerns about the links between autism and vaccines, especially here in NJ. NJ has the highest autism rate in the country and is among the states that require the most vaccines.

Even to have my daughter in DAYCARE I must have her vaccinated; and now yearly with the flu "vaccine" (I quote because you can still get the flu, not much of a vaccine is it).

I also question these requirements because of the pharmaceutical lobby...how many of these vaccines are really needed and how many were lobbied for in the legislature?

Old 02-27-2008, 02:39 PM

Good for you to question! I know that in many states you can have your child excused from the vaccinations "for religious reasons" and I don't think you have to be a member of any particular church to do it. I know of many parents who do this because they simply don't want their child exposed to the very real health risks. (Just do a search for "dangers of vaccinations" to find out what they are.)

I just did and here is one I found: Vaccination Dangers

Also,I found a site that links to each states vaccination exemption policy and form. Here is the way to get out of the mandatory vaccincations:

Vaccination Liberation Exemptions

Old 02-28-2008, 10:36 AM

I hope the few people who have looked at this thread at least looked at the links. It is pathetic that only one person in the whole forum cares enough to comment. Isn't anyone else besides her and me frightened at the prospect of the government coming after you and FORCING you or your kids to take drugs without your consent? Doesn't that SCARE people? It is already happening but only Ron Paul seems to want to stop it.
PRETTY SAD.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:48 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,247,307 times
Apparently the sky is falling . . .

Old 02-28-2008, 10:52 AM

It is the God's honest truth. DO YOUR RESARCH! You don't have to take my word for it.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:59 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,891,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I hope the few people who have looked at this thread at least looked at the links. It is pathetic that only one person in the whole forum cares enough to comment. Isn't anyone else besides her and me frightened at the prospect of the government coming after you and FORCING you or your kids to take drugs without your consent? Doesn't that SCARE people? It is already happening but only Ron Paul seems to want to stop it.
PRETTY SAD.
Nobody cares to comment because American voters have it abundantley clear they want one of three losers as president. Ron Paul is right in wanting to stop it as he is right on just about every issue. But he was laughed off as a "loon". So while Americans will reap what they sew, with more pandering, crappy politicians, I will sit back and laugh as in four years we will be having the same problems we are having now, but worse. Good luck America, you'll need it.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:09 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,059,798 times
I too am outraged at the prospect of politicians forcing me to drug my children!!!

What happened to Parental Consent...

I have done my research and it is very scary what the put in some of the vaccines....

Last edited by Kristynwy; 02-28-2008 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-28-2008, 03:39 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,097,093 times
Institute for Vaccine Safety - Thimerosal Table
Mercury's removal doesn't stop autism's rise, study shows - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/scimedemail/la-sci-autism8jan08,0,7234673.story?coll=la-news-scimed - broken link)
Institute for Vaccine Safety - Thimerosal Issues

Do your own research and make sure it is up to date and from an unbiased source. Ask your pediatrician to show you the insert that goes with the vaccine, discuss the concerns over Thimerosal, and discuss any adverse reactions you should be looking for. You are also entitled to request your child recieve vaccinations spaced apart if you feel you would not like to subject your child's immune system to multiple vaccinations in one sitting.

Quote:
Since 2001, with the exception of some influenza (flu) vaccines, thimerosal is not used as a preservative in routinely recommended childhood vaccines.
Vaccine Safety - Concerns - Mercury and Vaccines (Thimerosal)

Old 02-28-2008, 05:08 PM

254 posts, read 1,184,042 times
Eh, compulsory vaccinations aren't exactly a new fangled concept. England mandated smallpox vaccinations in the 1800s, and people were fined if they didn't comply. I have a toddler, I've done at least as much, and probably more research, as the next person, and I'm not really convinced that this is an issue that warrants a whole lot of response on a Presidential Election board. If anyone has a personal issue with vaccinations then they should claim an exemption with their state. If you understand the concept of herd immunity, I feel as though I have a social obligation to vaccinate my kid to help protect yours.

Wanted to add...I have no problems with people who have done their research and have legitimate reasons for claiming exemptions. This just didn't really seem like the place to get into my whole thought process on the subject but I didn't want to start a whole Vaccinate vs Don't Vaccinate post. I get enough of that on my Mommy boards.

Last edited by libbykt; 02-28-2008 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: needed to clarify
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.