Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Hillary Clinton have anything to do with Stein's Fund for Recount? Multiple Choice Poll
Sure. "and" She secretly donated to the fund 54 31.40%
Sure she did. Still being Crooked-Hillary 81 47.09%
No Way! 24 13.95%
The Russians had something to do with it. 2 1.16%
The election was hacked for sure, right? 4 2.33%
The Donaters to Stein's fund are about to get ripped off $$$$ Burned! 39 22.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 05:56 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
would love to see voter ID, but forget about the rest of what you are saying. Let's just go on and stop this nonsense about voter fraud, etc. The election is over; there should be no recounts of any kind at this stage Nothing will be accomplished.

As for Stein, who knows what her motives are; sounds like she just wants her 15 minutes of fame; for those who donated to the recount cause, too bad they couldn't find a truelly worthy cause to support.
Nothing except give the snowflakes a chance to whine about how a recount was rigged by the GOP.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:56 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
there are people who wonder about the results, and asking for a recount in close states simply assures that the election can be considered #notrigged... of course, that depends on the results of the recount. =One would think that those who would have called for massive recounts if trump had lost would be open to verifying the trustworthiness of the election results. Unless they think there is something to hide. Right?
First off, I didn't care who won. I hated both cadidates equally. So I'm not coming at this from a perspective of bias.

But if it was about the election "not being rigged" and nothing else, then recounts would happen in every single state. At minimum, every single state where the vote was close. Why isn't that happening? Because the Dems don't give a crap about truth or justice or anything like that. They just want to take a shot at stealing the election. And yes you are right, Trump and his faithful would have done the same thing. Doesn't matter who is pulling the whole recount thing, it's childish and a waste of time and blatantly dishonest in its approach.

Consider for a moment how this plays out:
  1. Clinton and her demonstrably loyal supporter and ally Jill Stein (I must say that's disappointing) have yet to uncover any evidence of foul play.
  2. They're pursuing it anyways, "Just in case."
  3. If they can dredge up enough evidence -- fabricated or real -- to overturn the election results, they will.
  4. In the unlikely event that they are successful, Trump will follow suit.
  5. First Trump will call for an investigation of the recount.
  6. Then Trump will call for a recount in every state he lost by a narrow margin.
  7. If Trump is successful, then Hillary and her henchwoman Jill will call for an investigation into that recount
  8. The recount debacle will expand to even more states.
  9. And back and forth this whole thing goes.
  10. Long and short of it, this could take years to resolve.

Or ... we could spare the American people, save millions of dollars to be spent on something useful and just leave it alone.

It's like watching two toddlers fighting over the same toy -- exactly what I've come to expect from the two utterly useless "big" political parties in the United States. The sooner that both of them just die out already, the better it'll be for all of us. How much more useless can you get??

Old 11-27-2016, 05:59 AM

13,708 posts, read 7,987,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
would love to see voter ID, but forget about the rest of what you are saying. Let's just go on and stop this nonsense about voter fraud, etc. The election is over; there should be no recounts of any kind at this stage Nothing will be accomplished.
I think strict voter Id laws should be required in every state but seriously doubt the Dems will ever go along with it.

However, if voter fraud can be shown to take place in large numbers (say this year in California) it would make it much harder for the Dems to pretend it doesn't occur.

Personally, I don't believe the Dems cheated this year but only because they knew the Trump was watching closely and because they thought HC would easily win the ECV.

But I do think cheating went on in Cal after it became apparent Trump would win the ECV. The Dems had to ensure HC won the popular vote by as much as possible and thus the Cal. numbers were padded.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:00 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,645,527 times
This one offers some stinky cheese with the whine.

Look at the link. MSM has learned nothing.

Trump rages

Clinton helps

Politico = propaganda of sore losers. = Sleazy stinky cheese.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:02 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Well, Trump repeatedly said they were rigged. Turns out, he may have been correct for once, huh?

Old 11-27-2016, 06:06 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
This one offers some stinky cheese with the whine.

Look at the link. MSM has learned nothing.

Trump rages

Clinton helps

Politico = propaganda of sore losers. = Sleazy stinky cheese.
If there were any doubt about Politico's bias, it is washed away by one simple fact: Those idiots still refuse to call Michigan.

Their map was the most useful map I could find on election night with one-click vote breakdown per state and lots of nice things like that. But it got super annoying when they repeatedly refused to call states that everyone had already done long since.

Just wish there was just one completely neutral source for news, election results, etc. that offers high quality content. Alas, all the best stuff is monopolized by extremely biased news organizations.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:16 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,645,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Don't you think it would be less embarrassing for you simply to have typed "I don't have any idea what I'm talking about, and have no clue about the issue in question. Someone please explain to me why Hillary has agreed to support the recount because I'm too lazy to pick up a newspaper and read it myself."?

Personally, I think that would have been a lot less embarrassing for you. But then again, it's not my problem, it's yours.
You should be a little embarrassed with the statement in bold. The "Count" from Sesame Street is in your corner.

Do you know why the count is called the count?
Because he really loves to count. Sometimes he sits and counts all day, but sometimes he gets carried away.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:19 AM

26,488 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
We'll find out about all the dead people and illegal aliens who voted.
Hillary's camp is clear. They want a simple recount not an audit. An audit would "intimidate future voters" (and check to see if people were legally voting).

Old 11-27-2016, 06:20 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Hillary has already conceded to Trump. The popular vote doesn't matter. The recount doesn't matter. The protests don't matter. And now, democrats don't matter.

Enough already.
They don't understand the concept of throwing good money after bad money.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:32 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,008,753 times
The Democrats are doing a major disservice to themselves right now, by giving their voters false hope and further dividing the country.

Even Obama has abandoned ship on Hillary and is finally telling her to get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections