Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 05:12 AM

983 posts, read 996,738 times

Advertisements

One term, if things don't change in one term, throw the President-elect out.
I was prepared to say the same thing if Clinton won.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:12 AM

59,199 posts, read 27,403,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Nope. The Republicans refused to let a democratically-elected President select a Supreme Court justice, holding our democracy hostage. As a woman, I will never "get behind" a president that says he can "grab . . . p---y" whenever he wants.
The IGNORANCE of the left NEVER stops amazing me.

" The Republicans refused to let a democratically-elected President select a Supreme Court justice"

Maybe, for probably the FIRST time in your life, you should READ the Constitution and you would stop making such a fool of yourself.

" As a woman, I will never "get behind" a president that says he can "grab . . . p---y" whenever he wants'

I'd bet that you voted for Hillary, whose husband was accused of several RAPES and hillary called them bimbos. But, "being a woman" and a liberal you don't give a rats arse about THEM.

Liberals defines the word HYPOCRITE!

Old 11-09-2016, 05:13 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,507,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate34 View Post
Thank you.

And congratulations to America. We will have a truly patriotic president and a strong leader.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:16 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Wow, you do have class
Lol, thanks.

I didn't vote for either of these two, but someone had to win it and I just pray that the right person did.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:16 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,718,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartWA View Post
One term, if things don't change in one term, throw the President-elect out.
I was prepared to say the same thing if Clinton won.
As I indicated above, I think you're not only correct, but the reckoning will happen earlier than that, at the midterm elections.

However, I have to be fair: It is an irrational American psychosis, that we all hold to some extent, that we expect the kind of promises reasonably inferred from what Trump said to be accomplished and satisfied within 18 months or even 3 1/2 years. Now that we Americans are so thoroughly afflicted with a complete lack of perspective with regard to how long real change takes, we are destined to be grievously disappointed, like clockwork, every 4 or 8 years. Trump's promises were so vague that only a true idiot would expect all the reasonable inferences of those promises to be satisfied - ever - much less within any middle-term time period.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:17 AM

59,199 posts, read 27,403,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Don't be proud. Your country is about to become a shambles. Not to mention it is now the laughing stock of the world in electing a know-nothing, sexual predator, thieving buffoon. But - the Americans just showed the world how stupid they are. Yup, there's a lot to be proud of.

That said, indeed, the chicanery of Debbie Wassereman-Schultz was the beginning of the end. Still can't see how Sanders could have won. He was too far left. I tend to vote Democrat, but he would have been a big ask for me. At the same time, I could never vote Trump. Never. He is a cretin.

Would that were not so, but you are so right. I am right trying to determine how best to defend against and survive the debasement of the White House and the financial calamity which will soon be visited upon this country. For certain a recession, stock market collapse, unemployment. I have NOT forgotten 2008-2009-2010. If I were younger, I'd pull a Pierre Salinger. He moved to France - and stayed there. I'd love to move to Canada - but they don't let retired people in unless they're millionaires.
"Don't be proud. Your country is about to become a shambles. Not to mention it is now the laughing stock of the world in electing a know-nothing, (supports a) sexual predator, thieving buffoon. But - the Americans just showed the world how stupid they are. Yup, there's a lot to be proud of."

The SAME can be said if Hillary had won.

Think about this for moment.

If Hillary applied for ANY job in the federal government that REQUIRED a security clearance, she would NOT get the clearance OR the job.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:17 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,248,569 times
One step closer to getting the worst President ever out of office. We all win with that.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:19 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,248,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We went from our first black president to one who was endorsed by the KKK.
Going from a divider President supported by BLM to one supported by peace loving Christians, many who are black and brown.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:22 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Kudos to you Waldo! You got it right!
Thank you.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:22 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Going from a divider President supported by BLM to one supported by peace loving Christians, many who are black and brown.
Christians should just stop talking. Trump is being sued by two states for Trump University, ripped off hundreds of contractors, cheated on his wives, etc. Evangelicals don't believe their own rhetoric, we shouldn't waste time listening to them anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections