Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2016, 10:49 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,870,551 times

Advertisements

According to the article Trump says there is a phony crime crisis.

I just love how liberals mock Donald Trump's concerns about violent crime in inner-cities. They try to pretend that there cities are perfect beacons of safety.

Hillary Clinton doesn't bring it up because the same party she belongs to is one running these nightmare.

It is just a case of low standards. They have no standards, just a bunch of a bunch of politically correct emotion.

Limosine liberals who live in the safest neighborhood of a city on the border of safe suburbs always go on about how they have never, ever had an issue and that is all made up and how it is much safer then it was in the early 90s.

Sullum: Trump's phony crime crisis - Opinion - Ocala.com - Ocala, FL

Birmingham, Alabama 82 homicides already this year

Las Vegas up to 135 homicides this year, up from a total of 76 in 2012

27-year-old man arrested after girlfriend shot and killed in Las Vegas area | Las Vegas Review-Journal

153 homicides in St. Louis for a population of 310,000 is not a crime crisis according to liberal media

http://www.slmpd.org/images/Homicide...or_Website.pdf

Michelle Obama's hometown of Chicago is already to 610 homicides for a population of 2.7 million people

Los Angeles violent crime rate up 36% since 2014
http://assets.lapdonline.org/assets/pdf/cityprof.pdf

The only safe liberal cities are ones that have priced all market rate housing for those who make under six-figures. New York, Boston and Seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 10:55 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times
I am not a liberal but I'm an "African-American" who lives in "the inner city."

I have primarily lived in inner cities for my entire life. The reason why black people, like myself who get upset about Trump spouting his nonsense that you all fall for, is the fact that those of us who grew up in "the hood" recognize that it is not nearly as dangerous today as it was in the past. The so-called "crisis" in crime is nothing compared to what it used to be in "inner cities."

You bring up Birmingham, Las Vegas, St. Louis, and especially Chicago and 15 years ago crime was MUCH worse in all of those cities than they are today. Even Detroit is safer today than it used to be. I am from a smaller city not far from Detroit and I remember the crack epidemic that destroyed inner city communities in the 1980s and 1990s. It was a huge issue for me as a child and made a huge impact on how I view crime, gangs, and drugs. I have first hand knowledge in seeing the above and knowing criminals, gang members, and drug dealers. I recently moved back to my hometown and it is NOTHING like it used to be.

Those of us who live in the inner city also are not majority poor, nor are we severely uneducated, nor do all of our kids go to "bad schools" and we especially are not fearful everyday of being shot when we walk down the street.

You can fall for his foolishness if you want to but I know reality and I know that what he is saying is not the truth and if he had any idea of urban history, he'd know that crime is down in inner cities compared to 15-20 years ago (hell even 10 years ago).

Old 10-20-2016, 11:24 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,778,111 times
If Trump won, which he won't he would do nothing about the inner city, but wait for it to get worse.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:32 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,483,714 times
A lot of urban crime involves inter-gang violence. As many cities are gentrifying, traditional gang turf is disrupted. Before gentrification, gang members knew and generally respected turf boundaries and didn't go into a rival gang's turf unless they wanted to start a fight, which sometimes they did. Gentrification is creating large-scale displacement and it's not unusual for displaced gang members to end up in a rival gang's turf not by design. So not only are there intentional turf violations, but now many inadvertent potential conflicts when displacement pushes rival gang members into the same territory.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:53 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,243,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
According to the article Trump says there is a phony crime crisis.

I just love how liberals mock Donald Trump's concerns about violent crime in inner-cities. They try to pretend that there cities are perfect beacons of safety.

The problem with Trump is that he is absolutely portraying a false narrative regarding the inner city. The fact is that crime is down overall and that includes many bad neighborhoods in the inner city.

If Trump had said, "Look, the inner city is improving but I can make it even better!!" No one would laugh at him and he may even win some points with some demographics.

But he just flat out say that the inner city is horrible and the Democrats are to blame. Which is a complete lie.

And I find it curious that a real estate guy does not seem at all aware of one of the most pressing concerns regarding the inner city - gentrification; and he does not talk about ways to lower the cost of housing. His campaign talked about winning certain voters but he does not talk about issues central to those voters?!!

Whatever, at long as he gets to appear on TV, I think he is happy.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:53 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,293,333 times
Good to know blacks are doing so well in America. The War on Poverty was a success, public housing is a shining city on the hill and in general everything is honky dory. I guess we won't be seeing Al Sharpton and Jessee Jackson holding angry rallies anymore. Thanks Trump for finally clearing up this misunderstanding. In the mean time, I was driving through west Philly the other day and thinking this is not the place for a breakdown.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:56 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,453,137 times
If there is NO crime then why the push for gun control?

Old 10-21-2016, 08:05 AM

24,514 posts, read 17,265,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post

YEAH?

Trump was right in the third debate when he said that the places with the toughest gun laws have the most gun crimes. How does that happen? Criminals by nature don't care about laws.

From the debate Hillary would have us believe that there are roving gangs of toddlers that shoot each other.

Is crime actually on the rise or is it that the media is so quick to report it?

Old 10-21-2016, 08:14 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,947,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Good to know blacks are doing so well in America. The War on Poverty was a success, public housing is a shining city on the hill and in general everything is honky dory. I guess we won't be seeing Al Sharpton and Jessee Jackson holding angry rallies anymore. Thanks Trump for finally clearing up this misunderstanding. In the mean time, I was driving through west Philly the other day and thinking this is not the place for a breakdown.
So you decided instead to have a public breakdown on City Data?

Old 10-21-2016, 08:15 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,599,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
They want to disarm the populace, so resistance is impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections