Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 08:37 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,857,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Uh, maybe that's all they'll do on TV. Off-cameras, they're going to have a field day with his church (its preferences and relationship with Farrakhan), his admitted prior drug use, the Muslim "connection," etc.
1. Ah the alleged African Supremacist church, again false as Snopes has pointed out.
2. Drug use? Come now, that just shows he's man enough to own up to his past.
3. Oh I hope they do try the whole covert muslim crap, that just makes him look better, nothing like drawing sympathetic support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 08:49 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,876,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Oh big deal. I would hardly call that over-the-top and theatrical. She was just being an a$$. This is politics folks. I highly doubt that this will slow down Barack's momentum. However, what I don't understand is Hillary knows the media is out to get her and paint her as the ultimate supervillain, I mean I'm talking worse than Apocalypse from Marvel comics. Why oh why does she keep giving them material? I mean, I'm not even a Hillary supporter but I can clearly see the media is spinning her out to be this evil/crazy candidate. But the question is, why does she keep feeding into it? After the debate on Thusday, everything was cool. Now, here we go again. What the heck is going on?
That's Hillary. Always has been, always will be. She's acting like she got dumped by the quarterback in high school, and this is what most people see in Hillary, going all the way back to 1992. What would she do if North Korea refused to meet with her? Or Iran?

This is the REAL Hillary. Her handlers did well with her for 6 months or so, but it wasn't going to last.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:04 PM

438 posts, read 1,510,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Seriously. The woman is going crazy. Look at this and then her other tirade against Obama. There's so much pressure building up in this woman that I'm just waiting for the moment when her head starts rattling and shoots off her shoulders during a rally.
You and me both honey. You and me both!

Old 02-24-2008, 09:43 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,189,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Why is that a foolish idea?
Here is a piece from the Jerusalem Post. They research politicians in much more depth than we do: Our World: The audacity of truth | Jerusalem Post

Quote:
Although Odinga is an Anglican, he referred to Islam as the "one true religion" and scorned Christians as "worshipers of the cross." Obama strongly supports Odinga who claims to be his cousin. As Daniel Johnson reported recently in the New York Sun, during his 2006 visit to Kenya, Obama was so outspoken in his support for Odinga that the Kenyan government complained to the State Department that Obama was interfering with the internal politics of the country. After the Dec. 27 elections Obama interrupted a campaign appearance in New Hampshire to take a call from Odinga.
(There is much more in the article)

Considering this is a newspaper in Israel, they are concerned with Kenyan politics -- this goes way over the heads of most Americans who barely know what goes on in our own country.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:01 PM

39 posts, read 144,375 times
Default Obama nomination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Heh, if y'all are whining about this, how are y'all going to hold up if he wins the nomination and the Republicans go after him? Or will he be sending them death threats via his thugs?
Please don't even joke about such things!
if he gets the nomination I'm moving to Guam instead of Raleigh!

Old 04-20-2008, 04:05 PM

39 posts, read 144,375 times
Default Exploding Hillary

Quote:
Originally Posted by momlady530 View Post
You and me both honey. You and me both!
I dunno.
I'll take a PMS ridden Hillary over a puppet president for Rev Wrong, anyday!

Old 04-20-2008, 06:15 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,467,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Let's just say, "What goes around, comes around". She is only showing her lack of class. I keep saying that if a candidate has a positive, worthwhile message, all they have to do is get it out there. If you don't, then you have to resort to trying to make fun of the candidate that does.

I saw this clip earlier today...and it reinforced to me what a terrific actor she is.
YOU ARE SOOOOOO RIGHT! The losing candidate always goes on the attack instead of sticking to their message. I didn't always despise Hillary, I have grown to feeling this way based upon they way she has run her campaign, DISGUSTING DIRTY! To think there was a time I would have considered voting for her if she was the nominee. EEK! That women will never get my vote.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:29 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,319,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliptik View Post
"Clinton was at a campaign rally in Providence, Rhode Island, and she mocked Obama and his message of hope and change in a very theatrical, over-the-top manner."

Now she's really getting desperate.

Video: Hillary Clinton Mocks Barack Obama During Campaign Rally - Politics on The Huffington Post
So what is the big deal. She speaks the truth while Obama keeps lying to you. She is right about being older and wiser. At 40 something you know nothing, at 50 something you begin to understand life, at 60 wisdom has finally taken hold. I think she is the perfect age to lead. At 70 something you might have wisdom still if you could only remember what it was.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:35 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,319,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Oh big deal. I would hardly call that over-the-top and theatrical. She was just being an a$$. This is politics folks. I highly doubt that this will slow down Barack's momentum. However, what I don't understand is Hillary knows the media is out to get her and paint her as the ultimate supervillain, I mean I'm talking worse than Apocalypse from Marvel comics. Why oh why does she keep giving them material? I mean, I'm not even a Hillary supporter but I can clearly see the media is spinning her out to be this evil/crazy candidate. But the question is, why does she keep feeding into it? After the debate on Thusday, everything was cool. Now, here we go again. What the heck is going on?
Hopefully people are intelligent enough to make a decision based on the candidate's qualifications only and not the media hype.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:45 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,467,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
So what is the big deal. She speaks the truth while Obama keeps lying to you. She is right about being older and wiser. At 40 something you know nothing, at 50 something you begin to understand life, at 60 wisdom has finally taken hold. I think she is the perfect age to lead. At 70 something you might have wisdom still if you could only remember what it was.
Hillary speaks the truth? LOL Never happen! Never will!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections